Is this too reckless (seasickness question)?

HVCCandyCorn

I've been on 3 cruises, none of which I've been seasick on. As I prepare to leave soon for my 4th cruise, I will still pack seasick medication. It's just not worth ruining a day, afternoon, or a chunk of my vacation by not having it if I need it. Hopefully I won't need it, but I would rather have it if I do!

I guess I am just one of those ultra prepared people. Plan for the worst and hope you won't need it!

I haven't gotten seasick for many, many years, but I still always take some or several remedies with me, just in case. I always have ginger tablets, also some dramaine and/or Bonine.

They take so little space, it just makes sense to take some along, especially if you are anxious about this.

Most modern cruise ships have very little motion, but you never know what the weather and seas will be like or how you will react.

I always have ginger tablets... They take so little space, it just makes sense to take some along, especially if you are anxious about this.

Having researched that NON-drowsy Dramamine is concentrated ginger, I will probably be getting some before next cruise.

We are carry-on only travellers, yet I have packed two bags of ginger candy on last three cruises! and only chewed a couple of them (not even for seasickness, just for queasy stomach due to a bug).

First time cruiser here!

Anyways, do you guys think I should take some non-drowsy Dramamine just in case? I really don't want dizziness to bother me during my trip (even if it isn't too big of a deal).

My cruise is 3 days away.

Can't hurt. If you have it and do not need it - you win. If you need it and do not have it - you lose.

DON

To lessen seasickness, if you have a balcony stare at the horizon line. If you have an inside cabin download a seasick phone app that uses the phone's motion to give you a proper focal point.

I would purchase both dramamines and I'd bring the alternative Benedryl. The front desk should give you seasick pills for free, but your system might not like the ones they hand out. So, carrying your own supply of meds is better. My system did not respond well to the meclizine (non-drowsy formulation). I stayed seasick and the pills made me feel heavy chested like I couldn't breathe. The original formula Dramamine (dimenhydrinate) does not give me a heavy chest, can't breathe feeling.

Also, I'd bring a set of acupressure sea bands. So far, they are the only thing that has relieved my landsickness after the cruise.