LIVE on ALLURE: I LIKE SOFT BEDS, and I cannot lie...

Dinkachu

We LOVE most everything about ALLURE. Small glitches just don't bother us - we work around them. But, these mattresses are like sleeping on slabs of concrete.

We asked for mattress pads the first day - they were put on last night and barely made a bit of difference.

The six of us cruising plus numerous others we've talked to all agreed that the post-dry dock mattresses are not comfortable. The 20 year olds in our party camp a lot and they said they would rather sleep on the ground with their camping pads.

We really try not to complain, but waking up in pain and not sleeping well does affect the quality of our vacation.

We are going to town in St Thomas to see if we can find some type of foam or thick mattress we can buy. Anything to make the cruise a success.

Edited by Dinkachu

We LOVE most everything about ALLURE. Small glitches just don't bother us - we work around them. But, these mattresses are like sleeping on slabs of concrete.

We asked for mattress pads the first day - they were put on last night and barely made a bit of difference.

The six of us cruising plus numerous others we've talked to all agreed that the post-dry dock mattresses are not comfortable. The 20 year olds in our party camp a lot and they said they would rather sleep on the ground with their camping pads.

We really try not to complain, but waking up in pain and not sleeping well does affect the quality of our vacation.

We are going to town in St Thomas to see if we can find some type of foam or thick mattress we can buy. Anything to make the cruise a success.

Perhaps they are looking to increase hot rock treatments at the spa? Sorry to read this news.

I can feel for you.....

We were on the Adventure in October and our mattress was very hard. We were told that it was just changed the night before for a new mattress. This was the first time we experienced such an uncomfortable mattress. We like firm mattresses with a pillow top. My back ached all week. It was so disappointing because I usually sleep like a baby on a cruise. I have read in on the boards that RCCL is changing all the mattresses fleetwide and will no longer offer the waffle cushion. I think we will have to change cruise lines, even though we are Diamond members.