Emerald Princess getting better ?

cheeseclan

We were in the port side aft mini E 730. Also, could only hear a little bit of music when we were in the bathroom.

One other thing, they never had any blankets for the MUTS. Again always being washed and dried, right!!!

The same thing happened on the CB last year until they renewed the stock. :(

Napunani, were you in the back of the Botticelli Dining Room? What you described sounds like the section we were in. DH surprised me by decorating the door while I was out doing the Treasure Hunt! [emoji16]

[ATTACH]373065[/ATTACH]

Yes, we were.

DH and I had the table for 2 right in front of the aft window, absolutely glorrrrious view!!

Finally, after reading all of the posts, someone was HAPPY! Such negative vibes throughout. I especially like the one post that faulted the buffet because it was crowded.

Don't rain on my parade.

~gary

I'm currently on the Emerald, wrapping up a great cruise. Headed to princess cay tomorrow. I have not heard anyone really complaining about any of the water issues, a few about the ac, but you just need to keep the curtin closed during the day if you are on the sun side. Other than a few ignorant passengers, it was a very relaxing and great cruise. We did try the salty dog, was OK, crown grill is still superior and now a bargin at $25.

I'm currently on the Emerald, wrapping up a great cruise. Headed to princess cay tomorrow. I have not heard anyone really complaining about any of the water issues, a few about the ac, but you just need to keep the curtin closed during the day if you are on the sun side. Other than a few ignorant passengers, it was a very relaxing and great cruise. We did try the salty dog, was OK, crown grill is still superior and now a bargin at $25.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Will you be posting a review.....:):):)

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

We were supposed to be on the Emerald for Xmas and NY's but had to cancel due to illness. I didn't realize that the Xmas cruise was directly out of dry dock. The last few cruises on the Emerald I've done were in MS on Dolphin deck mid aft and I do not remember any problems with the AC. We are doing the TA in April in D423.

I'm sorry the service on the Holiday cruises was not the usual standard, especially since these cruises are so expensive. :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Really like the cruise director. For christmas eve, many of the crew got together and sang carols in the piazza, handed out music so pax could sing along, they did 12 carols in all, it was really nice. Led by CD.

Happy holidays.

Hi,

I'm really glad you enjoyed the carols. I was one of the officers who sang in the quoir and we all really enjoyed it too! It's tough being away from family to serve you folks, especially at Christmas. It helped us all to feel more merry for the Christmas season. I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable cruise with us at Christmas time!

Oh and the cast are so incredible on the Emerald Princess at the moment!

Hi,

I'm really glad you enjoyed the carols. I was one of the officers who sang in the quoir and we all really enjoyed it too! It's tough being away from family to serve you folks, especially at Christmas. It helped us all to feel more merry for the Christmas season. I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable cruise with us at Christmas time!

Oh and the cast are so incredible on the Emerald Princess at the moment!

Bold is mine. Thanks for your post. We will be on the Emerald in a couple of weeks and looking forward to seeing some of the shows. This will be our first time on Emerald and it seems to be a favorite ship of a lot of people.

Be sure to catch Magic To Do, it's a musical with illusions and is very fun. I've seen the show around 30 times. Be sure to get there early to get a seat, it gets very full and is usually standing room only within 30 minutes of the show starting.

If you're up for fun, be sure to go to the Love Boat Disco Deck Party. Terry Conlon is certainly worth a visit in one of the lounges and the String Duo are very good in the Piazza!

Enjoy the cruise. She's a beautiful ship!

Be sure to catch Magic To Do, it's a musical with illusions and is very fun. I've seen the show around 30 times. Be sure to get there early to get a seat, it gets very full and is usually standing room only within 30 minutes of the show starting.

If you're up for fun, be sure to go to the Love Boat Disco Deck Party. Terry Conlon is certainly worth a visit in one of the lounges and the String Duo are very good in the Piazza!

Enjoy the cruise. She's a beautiful ship!

Wow. 30 times. It must have been running in the UK for quite a while now. It's only been introduced for the US audience just recently.

I saw it onboard the Emerald Princess every time it was performed by the cast. It premiered on there sailing from Port Everglades since the 2nd week of December and has been shown twice per cruise (minus one cruise last week) since. I was an officer on the Emerald Princess until 2 days ago :)

Oh man you guys are really making me nervous about our upcoming trip on the Emerald in July!

We are new to Princess but heard so many great things about the cruise line from friends. I hope they get all the issues with the water & AC fixed!

Just go and enjoy and don't overthink.

It will be fine.

I bet the maintenance staff is working day and night trying to correct whatever air conditioning and sewage issues. Sometimes it is something with a drain line coming from one deck or a section of the ship. Guests who may not be in that part of the ship never know there is problem. So have fun on your cruise and don't stay up worrying about something that is not in your control. Cheers

Oh man you guys are really making me nervous about our upcoming trip on the Emerald in July!

We are new to Princess but heard so many great things about the cruise line from friends. I hope they get all the issues with the water & AC fixed!

I too am now nervous for our upcoming round trip Sydney holiday cruise. It's a long, long way to go & have it spoiled with bad A/C & water issues. We will be in a mini-suite, deck 9 mid-aft. Our first time to Australia & New Zealand. These holiday cruises are no cheap date on top of the expensive airline flights.

Our experience on the Pacific Princess in a balcony cabin was great! Food was so-so, but our cabin & Tahiti was over the top!