Suite Perk

firefighter15

When i booked my cruise in March 2015 for a cruise on the Sky in Feb Feb 2016. I received the standard UBP, Free specialty dining, 100 PP on-board credit, and Prepaid Service Charges for Haven and Suites.

I dont see that last one talked about much, has anyone else had experience with the prepaid service charges (tips)?

Thanks!

When i booked my cruise in March 2015 for a cruise on the Sky in Feb Feb 2016. I received the standard UBP, Free specialty dining, 100 PP on-board credit, and Prepaid Service Charges for Haven and Suites.

I dont see that last one talked about much, has anyone else had experience with the prepaid service charges (tips)?

Thanks!

Yes, they cover the DSC for the first 2 people in the cabin. It does not cover your tips for your butler and concierge though.

Enjoy the cruise, the level of service you get on the Sky in a suite is really great. There aren't very many suites, so they really make sure you're well taken care of.

Yes, they cover the DSC for the first 2 people in the cabin. It does not cover your tips for your butler and concierge though.

Enjoy the cruise, the level of service you get on the Sky in a suite is really great. There aren't very many suites, so they really make sure you're well taken care of.

Very cool, do you know what the tipping per day for them is suggested at?

Very cool, do you know what the tipping per day for them is suggested at?

What I've often seen on here, and what I use as a baseline is:

Butler: $10 per person, per day

Concierge: $5 per person, per day

If you use them A LOT, like meals in the suite daily, lots of dining reservations, shore excursion booking, etc, then up it a bit. If you don't get much service from them then some lower it a bit.

There is no suggestion it is based on how much you use them and what they do for you.

Some say $100 p/p per day others will say much less than that.

I think $10.00 p/p per day was meant to be typed!

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I didn't use either one and didn't feel the need to tip for no service. I was told they are included in the new higher daily service which went up to $15.95 per person per day for the suites. Non suites pay a lower daily auto gratuity. You can do as you feel appropriate for your circumstances.

I didn't use either one and didn't feel the need to tip for no service. I was told they are included in the new higher daily service which went up to $15.95 per person per day for the suites. Non suites pay a lower daily auto gratuity. You can do as you feel appropriate for your circumstances.

Not sure who told you that but it is most defiantly wrong! What a shame for the those that served you.

Harriet

Non-suites don't have a courtyard valet, and have smaller cabins, hence, they pay less. The Butler and Concierge are not included in the DSC pool.

I tend to use the concierge more than average, I guess. I tip $10 pppd for each the Butler and Concierge.

The additional cost to the DSC is because the suite is larger. It does NOT go to the Butler and Concierge. Their tip is not included in the suite DSC. This has been well documented on CC.

IMHO, even if you do not ask for anything EXTRA, but utilize the basic services then a tip is warranted. Some obviously do not agree. Let's just leave it at that.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I was told that at guest services. What a shame? I didn't get any service nor I request any.

No food ever came to your suite? No bottles? No coffee or tea was ever used? Your butler takes care of all that. No special seating in the theatre? No early tenders or disembarkation? You never used the consi for anything?

Harriet

Thanks!

Yes, we have that on our upcoming cruise. When I originally booked we had the shore excursion credit along with the UBP, SDP, and wifi. When the promo changed to paid service charge instead of shore excursion I switched. I think it's great.

By the way, the butler we tip $10 a day for the 2 of us. If we get meal service in the room we tip accordingly. Concierge $50 for the week.

we tipped 100 for our butler and 50 for the concierge. We were on the Dawn- our butler serviced 8 or 9 cabins, the concierge had something like 60 suites (due to all the deck 12 suites added recently). Patrick the concierge made 1 reservation for us, and actually had the butlers running assisting with the priority tendering. We didn't ask anything extra from the butler- not 1 item of room service or dvd rental etc. We tipped the butler more as he did more (afternoon snack trays, etc) and also due to the much lower number of rooms.

To those who say "I didn't use, so I didn't tip"...My wife and I both waited tables =when we were young. A table that comes in and orders 1 plate of chicken wings for $10 and watches a 3 hour football game will cost you a lot of income even if they tip 20% because you loose the revenue from 2 more turns of that table. I feel there should be SOME level of gratuity, if for nothing else taking up the space.