ms Westerdam Boxing Day Sail-Away, December 26, 2015

Boytjie

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Wonder what he will do for his last tooting on Saturday? Could be interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]Today might have been his 'goodbye for now' toeters since the other captain is joining Monday. He'll still be onboard next SAT so you'll never know. Depends who's got the conn that day[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Wonder what he will do for his last tooting on Saturday? Could be interesting.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I was thinking that, as well. Westerdam won't be back in FLL until 2017 so he won't have a chance to do his thing for the condos and us for a long while.

[quote name='Boytjie']Denomination? Worship style? Location - where abouts will you be staying.[/QUOTE]

Officially Methodist/Presbyterian but comfortable with most Protestant. Staying at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. Was at First Presbyterian last time but would enjoy something earlier than an 11AM service.

Roy

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Navy]Connie can only do 4 knots at the moment per her pilot. See what she does once outside[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Nothing wrong with her horn. That was some fairly lusty tooting for any ship not named Westerdam. ;)

[quote name='RocketMan275']That's what I normally do but I just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right.

Wife and I really enjoyed that.

Only 70 days to our first HAL cruise and our first Westerdam cruise.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Stick to what you do normally for the tooting, etc.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]We have quite a few sailing days on the Westerdam. She is a great ship.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Alcarondas']Nothing wrong with her horn. That was some fairly lusty tooting for any ship not named Westerdam. ;)[/QUOTE]

Very true! Connie is one of the few ships (other than the two "Love Boat" Princesses) that give us more than the standard three toots.

[quote name='Copper10-8'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Indigo"][COLOR="Navy"]You timed and scheduled it perfectly! He's scheduled to rejoin the same day you and the "wild ones" board - Have a good time![/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

YAY - and he never called us wild ;) rowdy maybe, but never wild :)

awesome. thanks :)

[quote name='rafinmd']Officially Methodist/Presbyterian but comfortable with most Protestant. Staying at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. Was at First Presbyterian last time but would enjoy something earlier than an 11AM service.

Roy[/quote]

First Presbyterian in Brooklyn, I assume?

Even though I live in Brooklyn, my parish and my work place are both on the Upper West Side of Manhattan so I don't know the Downtown Brooklyn experience as much. Most bigger services in the city are at 11 am

Trinity Wall Street may be interesting and they have a 9 am service; 2 stops on the subway from the hotel.

[quote name='summer slope']I'm confused. Westerdam is leaving FLL on March 12th for our PC cruise.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]No worries! You're good to go with a different captain then today's. Westy has seven more departures from FLL in 2016 prior to yours[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Boytjie']First Presbyterian in Brooklyn, I assume?

Even though I live in Brooklyn, my parish and my work place are both on the Upper West Side of Manhattan so I don't know the Downtown Brooklyn experience as much. Most bigger services in the city are at 11 am

Trinity Wall Street may be interesting and they have a 9 am service; 2 stops on the subway from the hotel.[/QUOTE]

Correct on Brooklyn. Thank you. I think I'll stick with what I know.

Roy