Cant Use Carnival Gift Card For Bottomless Bubbles???

mjmcgove

Didn't see an area to put in the Carnival Gift Card I got for christmas. I can't use it for the Bottomless Bubbles??? I just used some of the balance to book my last shore excursion, but i have over $100 left on it and I wanted to use it for Bottomless Bubbles

Can you buy $100 in OBC? If so, then you can put it towards the bottomless bubbles (and anything else) once you board.

But the OP has a leftover balance on gift cards. Why buy OBC - I'm assuming you mean cruise cash - if you can use the gift cards once you get onboard? You can't buy cruise cash using a gift card or use it prior to boarding anyway. The only way you can buy the bubbles package in advance is with a credit card.

I thought you could use it to purchase pretty much anything once on board, but not pre purchases.

Have I got it wrong.

You can pretty much use it for anything except you can not use it in advance of your cruise to pay for items bought online through the fun shops.

The OP needs to save the gift card until he boards, then he can have it applied to his S & S card and then purchase the bottomless bubbles.

long story short..my carival gift card got lost in the mail..I booked cruise thru TA, so Carnival can't do anything with my booking, my TA can't add a Carnival gift card to my on board account( I sail in 6 days) no time for replacement card. I have the gc # and amount of the card. Question is..do I have to physically have the card in my possession to add to to my account once on board or can I give the # to guest services and they can apply it..anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

long story short..my carival gift card got lost in the mail..I booked cruise thru TA, so Carnival can't do anything with my booking, my TA can't add a Carnival gift card to my on board account( I sail in 6 days) no time for replacement card. I have the gc # and amount of the card. Question is..do I have to physically have the card in my possession to add to to my account once on board or can I give the # to guest services and they can apply it..anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Run the card number on the Carnival Gift Card web site and print it out. No one can add a gift card to their on board account until you are actually on board.

The downside is if someone else gets that card they can use it.

I would keep checking the balance on the carnival website daily so you aren't disappointed at check-in.

I don't have the pin # so I cant run it on Carnival"s website. Hopefully they don't ask me that on board! At the kiosk..do u insert the card or type in #s?

If you try to book a shore excursion there is an option to check your GC balance,it doesn't require a pin code That's the way I always check my balance.

I don't have the pin # so I cant run it on Carnival"s website. Hopefully they don't ask me that on board! At the kiosk..do u insert the card or type in #s?

My experience at the Kiosk on the Magic was that I couldn't swipe a physical gift card. I was able to manually enter the numbers. So you should be fine. I don't remember having to enter the pin. Just the card number and the amount I wanted to apply to my account. So you should be fine with having the gift card number on the ship, just use the kiosk to apply them.

Dumb question- but why can't you use Carnival gift cards to pay for pre-paid items through Bon Voyage?

Who knows. You can use them to pay when booking a cruise and you can use them when applying payments, but they have no method of applying them when shopping Bon Voyage. It is possible to use them to pay for prepaid gratuities by calling your TA, PVP, or Carnival to pay for it. Is it possible to call to book Bon Voyage items like Cheers and Bottomless Bubbles? What about excursions? If you can book those over the phone, perhaps you can use gift cards?

I don't see any reason to worry about Bottomless Bubbles and Cheers. Just add those when you are on the ship and apply your gift cards to the your S&S account.

Silly you cant use them for the bon voyage gift shop.

Just apply it to your account. You can do this at:

1. Check In
  2. Guest Services
  3. Or Self service kiosks.

It'll just offset whatever you then purchase on board - whether it be Cheers package or what not. The cheers program had no line last time I got it on the breeze - there was a small desk right when you get on the ship with a big cheers sign.