Decorating your door and balcony?

clandt

I just read a review of the Caribbean Princess where the author mentioned briefly they decorated their door and balcony.

Have any of you done or seen this? How are they decorated?

Since we are going on the cruise for my husbands 40th -- I think this is a fun idea, as long as it is not frowned on by Princess.

Christy

You can order them through the cruise line or.....We've decorated many a door! Just bring things that are flat, balloons to be blown up onboard and DOUBLE-SIDED STICKY TAPE!!! Makes it very easy to find your room.

Some kind of flat cardboard decoration (wedding bell, birthday cake, palm tree, etc.) makes a good background for a picture...baby pictures, or those funny ones you don't want anyone to see LOL icon_eek.gif

I've never found the cruise line objecting, but I've heard of decorations being pocketed by other cruisers icon_frown.gif. If they are flat on the door and stuck on well, they won't go anywhere. Hoppy Burseday to your hubby.

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Enchantment of the Seas 10/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 03/01

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Grandeur of the Seas 11/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

Serenade of the Seas 11/08/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 02/29/04-Daughter's Wedding

Caribbean Princess 06/05/04

Cast off the ropes, cast off your cares...we're outta here

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

I've heard of cruisers putting Christmas lights on their balcony. Also fly flags, although better not fly a Pirate Flag.

http://www.zoomagoo.com/noveltiesgifts/pdetail.asp?pid=1057

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

There is a page in your cruise personalizer that asks if you are celebrating anything. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and on the day of the anniversary Princess put three very large gold balloons on our door with a poster that read "Congratulations on your 25th anniversary".

Hi,

Same for us,we were celebrating our anniversary while on board the Golden and I mentioned this on the cruise personalizer. The date that I had put in on the personalizer, we woke up to balloons and a sign on our door. We even recieved a beautiful cake for two at dinner, my husband mentioned to the server that we were celebrating our anniversary and all of them sang to us icon_wink.gif.

The best decoration that I have observed on a balcony was this past cruise. Someone had brought an inflatable palm tree and you could see from the ship when you went into port. I wish that I would have thought of that, it was so cute! I tried to get a picture of it but it did not turn out. Really cute idea!

Linda

Had my 50th birthday on the Grand in March, THEY decorated my door with balloons and a note wishing me a Happy Birthday, the cruise director also called in the morning and wished me a Happy Birthday. That night at dinner my hubby told the head waiter and they brought me my own personal birthday cake and all the waiters sang. Wanted to crawl under the table, but a nice touch just the same.

2003 November Golden Princess

2004 February Grand Princess

2004 June Diamond Princess

Ooooooh, palm tree, wonder where I'd get one of those!!!!

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;05;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 <marquee>SUNSHINE DAYDREAM...GOIN' WHERE THE CLIMATE SUITS MY CLOTHES</marquee>

LovingFL

"I decorated mine for our Halloween cruise last year."

Tell us more tell us more

from

http://www.kronawithleitner.at/lyrics/showtext.php/id/118

USS Chilton APA-38 1966-1968

USS Guam LPH-9 1968-1970

Pacific Princess Oct 21 2001 Bermuda

Golden Princess Dec 7 2002 "Eastern Caribbean"

Coral Princess Dec 9 2003 "Panama Canal"

Carnival Miracle 17 Oct 2004

NOT UPDATED again 25 Feb www.geocities.com/fsbsdel

Sharon

Try the Flower Factory. They have all kinds of stuff. I decorated our Door for St. Patty Day on Carnival and it was great we found room easily. Hope to do something on Caribbean in Oct for our Anniv and our Son and Daughter in Law. Maybe if I let Princess know they will do it for us.

Debe

d&c

Debe - Is this an on-line store?

Sharon

Elation 05/98

Paradise 04/99

Destiny 10/99

Inspiration 05/00

Carnival Spirit 05/01

Ocean Princess 04/02

Jubilee 09/02

Carnival Conquest 03/03

I've never known Princess NOT put balloons on the door with a sign if they are aware of the special occasion. Some room stewards do it at the beginning of the cruise, others the date of the occasion. And getting a cake and song at dinner is pretty standard. Just let you TA know and/or fill it in the personalizer.

I've always thought we should identify ourselves as CC members on our doors.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

On the Golden 4/10 we decorated our balcony with the little clear Christmas lights. It was so nice @ night with our cabin lights turned off & just the Christmas lights on the balcony. We would sit out there for an hour or so each evening just looking at the stars!

We also had our door decorated by the ship (sign & balloons) for we also posted on the personalizer a birthday. Received a cake & song that night also @ dinner!

I saw my mom doing this when I sailed on my first cruise (CCL Paradise). She took a fold-out paper ball, and taped it to the door. It did make the door easier to find in the hallway. Although someone did take it off the door, we found it down the hallway.

On my other cruises, I take a ribbon bow (made of the ribbon with the bendable metal in the seam of the ribbon, so that you can bend the bow back into shape when flattened - you can get this at craft stores). Anyhow, with the manditory duct tape, you can adhere this to your door and voila!

On the CCL Pride cruise, on the last night, we actually got "thank you" notes from passengers saying our bow helped them find their way.

For the balcony, any type of flag will do. I have pictures in my cruise album showing what we did while onboard the Pride.

For the Ecstasy 2/6/04 cruise (my bachelorette party), we hung a sign on the outside with Naren and my picture on it, saying "We're Getting Married!" Many passer-byers said "Oh how cute!"

Happy Sails,

Mrs. Tulpule

133048249pdgnND_th.jpg133602221JczsZh_th.jpg133602907kMhHvb_th.jpg133041689xgejxJ_th.jpg

Naren, "But I can't help falling in love with you."

Click here to see more wedding pictures

icon_smile.gif CCL Paradise 9/23/2000 #U161 - icon_frown.gif CCL Holiday 3/5/2001 #M32 - icon_cool.gificon_wink.gif RCCL Explorer 9/1/2001 #7298 - icon_smile.gif CCL Ecstasy 12/7/2001 #R171 - icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif CCL Pride 3/2/2002 #6194 - icon_biggrin.gif RCCL Vision 10/11/02 #4521 - icon_biggrin.gif CCL Ecstasy 12/27/2002 #E135 - icon_smile.gif CCL Ecstasy 1/20/2003 #U197 - icon_biggrin.gif RCCL Monarch 12/19/03 #9580 - icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif CCL Ecstasy 2/6/04 #M209

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200 ... until our Star Honeymoon

time98.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ooooooh, palm tree, wonder where I'd get one of those!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.top-costumes.com/buy_costume/115554

Only $9.99 for a 6ft palm tree.

All the doors are metal so the DW used magnetic items to decorate.

Gloria

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I've always thought we should identify ourselves as CC members on our doors.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read on this board of a CC member doing that and someone started to complain to them about the service,food ect. icon_biggrin.gif

Steve

Golden 2/04

Grand 11/03

The three most exciting sounds in the world: Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles....George Bailey

Can I tell you how much I love this board!!! All of your ideas have my wheels spinning! Love the palm tree idea and already bought a 6ft one for 8.95 at Oriental Trading Co -- Thanks Linda!!!

Magnets on the doors are a great idea too!!

Love the lights on the balcony, and it made me think wouldn't it be cool to get a banner that said Happy 40th for my hubby -- this is a huge birthday and I want to go over the top icon_smile.gif

Anyone know

1. How long and tall the balcony's are (we are on the Caribbean Princess - Dolphin Deck)

2. Where could I get a banner personalized?

Thanks Again, for such wonderful ideas!!!

Christy

Wouldn't you have to have the world's longest extension cord for those lights on the balcony? If the balcony is one of the longer ones.... and if the outlet is quite a ways away (I have no idea where the outlets are on the Caribbean Princess minisuites...).... you may not be able to plug them in. That would be a bummer... icon_frown.gif

JJ

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04

Star Princess 5/24/03

Sun Princess 6/12/00

Carnival Fantasy 1/18/98

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>1. How long and tall the balcony's are (we are on the Caribbean Princess - Dolphin Deck)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On our dolphin mini-suite the glass area was around 3ft high x 8ft wide. As for lights the battery type is the way to go. Safe and cheap

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/chrisligandl.html

Have fun.

Steve

Golden 2/04

Grand 11/03

The three most exciting sounds in the world: Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles....George Bailey

WHile on the Golden 4/10 I did decorate our balcony w/ the little white CHristmas lights.

We were on the Caribe deck w/ a 9 x 9ft deck.

I brought from home a small surge plug (which not only was used to plug in the extension cord for the lights put was useful for recharging camera batteries, etc.) I then also brought a 9 foot extension cord. The string our lights where 100ct.

Our room had a TV mounted up high by the doorwall, therefore I utilized the outlet behind the Tv for the surge plug & from there ran the extension cord out the doorwall to the lights. I had the lights "swag" back in forth from the farthest right to farther left post.

At night when we were retiring for the night I would unplug them & leave the extension cord on the balcony so we could close our doorwall.

The light where fun to sit out on the balcony with while our cabin was dark. Have fun!

I left a birthday card for my friend in the cabin. When we came back from dinner out steward had put three birthday balloons over our door. Made it so easy to find the room too!

The newlyweds next door took down their ballons though, guess they didn't want anyone to know what was going on inside icon_wink.gif

We just returned icon_cool.gif a month ago, had an aft corner cabin, and I decorated our cabin door. Since I scrapbook, I had all of the materials. To post the items on your door, you can purchase "tack" tape from a Michael's or any type of craft store. Works wonders icon_wink.gif

Also, I made a little sheet with lines on it and sailing vessels and tacked a pen to the door. People came by throughout the week and signed their name and where they are from.

When I go to scrapbook the cruise, it'll be some great memories to add to my book! icon_wink.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Archived