Mini Suite - Champagne - Check In

Rebels82

We will be on the Regal in a mini suite. I see that we get a Welcome Champagne. Where will we receive it (cabin, when we go onto ship, check in, etc.)? Do mini suites have any beneficial shorter check in lines?

Thanks.

No preferred check in for mini's, its not really a suite and that name should not be in the title.... however......

We have found that now its best to head to the shortest line for check in. ;)

Headache water.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Your room steward will bring your "champagne" which is more like headache in a glass.

Other than extra real estate and a bathtub, there are no real benefits to a MS. We book them, though, as we like the extra space and the slightly larger bathroom.

Thanks for the info......I understand about the mini suite just being a little bigger than the balcony cabins. Are the mini suite balconies bigger than the ones on the balcony cabins? (I know....now I have asked an extra question.....ha.)

The mini suite has the same size balcony as balcony staterooms but the room and bathroom are larger. The sofa is giant, as is the desk. There is a ton of storage and the bathroom is quite large. The curtain divider is very nice if someone wants to nap. There is no preferential check in for mini suite, it all depends on your loyalty status. The champagne should be waiting for you in your room. I thought it was good! No headaches here.

We will be on the Regal in a mini suite. I see that we get a Welcome Champagne. Where will we receive it (cabin, when we go onto ship, check in, etc.)? Do mini suites have any beneficial shorter check in lines?

Thanks.

Calling it "champagne" is a bit of a stretch It is a rather cheapo sparkling white wine, which will probably be quite warm by the time you get to your mini-suite, and...... there will be ONE glass for each of you. Hardly enough to be "headache generating". :D

...VTX-Al

Regal - won't know cabin until week ahead of time - cat MF which will be on Lido or Marina deck.

Just got off the Regal a couple of weeks ago - we were in a mini-suite - the balconies are smaller than some of the other Princess ships I have been on & the mini-suite balcony is the same size as a regular balcony cabin. Our balcony happened to be a bit larger as it was the wedge shaped balcony on the end of the bump out in the center of the ship. We had a great time and the ship is beautiful.

We have a mini every cruise for the last five.. The glasses of champagne show up within a few minutes to around departure time. The only reason I love a mini is the bathtub! It does have a little extra space and an extra tv but that's about it. We only cruise once a year because we have to travel from Canada so we get a mini. Once hubby retires in 2017 we will cruise more often but may have to get a less expensive room but as long as I'm on the boat it's all good!!

Warning: Throw the "champagne" down the sink as quickly as possible. If you don't, your cabin steward may think you are trying to keep it. You do not want to keep it! ;) .. :p .. :D

On a Happy Note: We LOVE our Princess Mini-Suites -- very spacy for two people! :)

LuLu

We were on the Regal in October and in December, both times in mini suites.

In both cases, we were asked by our room steward whether or not we wanted the champagne. In both cases we said yes and in both cases, it was delivered just shortly before the ship sailed so we could enjoy it at sail away. It was delivered cold and tasted fine for our tastes.

If you don't want it just let your steward know. No need to throw it down the sink.

Enjoy your mini suite! We were in M429 in October and it had a large angled balcony, but was not overlooked from the Seawalk above. In December we had B325 which had a standard balcony. It was small but usable. We did enjoy the larger room with large couch, two TVs and bathtub. To us it was worth it.

Wind?

Keith,

We did Royal 10-day on L108, similar corner mini with obscenely large balcony.

Two teak loungers and a large teak table w/4 chairs - room comfortably for a dozen folk to mill around.

Underway, wind was noticeable exiting the door on the starboard side of the stateroom but once you walked around to the front of the balcony you only noticed wind standing at the forward rail.

If seated, or standing further back from the rail - especially closer to the cabin walls there was literally no wind.

It seemed that the angled steel plates that formed the front of the balcony deflected the wind up, minimizing any impact.

There was no restriction on use of balcony underway aside from the standard 'keep door closed' sticker.

No preferred check in for mini's, its not really a suite and that name should not be in the title.... however......

We have found that now its best to head to the shortest line for check in. ;)

Headache water.

Its exactly what princess calls it and they differentia accordingly It has the added sofa and tv so its larger than their typical cabib. But not all the belles and whistles of a full suite. So it qualifies as princess correctly calls it, a smaller suite. Hence the name mini.

And as many have complained on here, not all suites are created equal. They can range in size on the new ships from 484 sq ft plus 83ft balcony to 662 sq ft plus a 348 balcony. So is the smaller suites, a truly mini suites or are you just paying for the additional amenities for a slightly larger cabin? Princess is now allowing non suite passengers to add the additional amenities such as purchasing the suite breakfast.

I have enjoyed the full suites a few times on the gem class ships, I generally stick with the minis and customize my experience with add on I will enjoy

cheers

Thanks for the info......I understand about the mini suite just being a little bigger than the balcony cabins. Are the mini suite balconies bigger than the ones on the balcony cabins? (I know....now I have asked an extra question.....ha.)

If you go to princess's web page and click on ships and then cabins the answer is their. Balcony rooms are approximately 283 sq ft plus a 45 sq ft balcony, where a mini suite is listed at 323 sq ft plus 57 sq balcony.

Their site is very helpful and come option free, including my own.

Minis on the Royal class ships have balconies of varying size. It will really depend on what they assign you. It could have a "standard" size balcony (tiny compared to most balconies across the fleet) all the way to huge as described above. There are some rooms mid-ship which have nice decent size balconies, too.