Conquest Secret Door

golfb4cruzing

And I BEG of you, HOLD the door, don't let it slam shut. Our cruise in November was right next to that door and it banged shut day and night!!!!

Have no fear, the door shall not slam. It drives me insane. We haven't been on Carnival in 4 years and I think they open/close like a regular door. Many doors on Princess slide.

Earthworm, we been on enough to go with the flow. We have some newbies in our Conquest group, so it could be a thrill. The higher up the ship. the better. Most of us are on Deck 8 and Deck 10 sounds interesting.

There may not be anything special about those doors, and it may not be much of a secret, but that outdoor deck overlooking the front of the ship is pretty cool. On my first cruise, we finally found our way to that deck on the final day, and we enjoyed it. On my 2nd cruise, I went out there the 2nd day & saw several dolphins swimming along the front of the ship, as they like to do. It was just me & a crew member up there at that time. I saw the same thing from the secret deck on my 3rd cruise, during sailaway.

Its a beautiful place to stand and watch sail away's We have never found it crowded. If you go out on deck 9 it has the two extended "wings" and is right over the bridge great place for photo ops!! These pictures were taken from there

525401_10152599710005585_1184971149_n.jpg?oh=dae817db3ba862a968078e4c457589d7&oe=570E5593

419789_10152599709205585_122548135_n.jpg?oh=cdf35d6da90a77516cac7a2a00b8ff82&oe=57083211

Edited by hockeyluver

^^ This ^^

Most people here make way too long big a deal over that deck. It's certainly not secret and is unimpressive in most all aspects.

I always see threads about "secret doors" and "hidden decks" and I just don't get it. Why do even seasoned cruisers keep using these terms, where is nothing at all secret or hidden about these areas? And certainly nothing special. I'm sorry I just don't get it.

Thanks for the info. I am trying to give the newbies with us as many perspectives as possible. As far as calling it the "secret" or "hidden" door, that seems to be the common terminology used. So instead of having to explain several ways, everyone knew exactly what I was asking. Hockeylover- thanks for the pics.

• 2 weeks later...
I always see threads about "secret doors" and "hidden decks" and I just don't get it. Why do even seasoned cruisers keep using these terms, where is nothing at all secret or hidden about these areas? And certainly nothing special. I'm sorry I just don't get it.

You are quite the negative nelly. Way to bring us all down

I am a very seasoned cruiser and have never heard these terms. I thought they were asking about the Topless deck...which does not exist on Carnival anymore as far as I know. LOL

We are on this cruise with you and have a cabin on the "secret deck/with secret door"

I usually go to deck 6 and enjoy this quiet area of the ship that offers very nice front views. On clear moonlit nights, it is especially nice to go there. Give it a try and enjoy this location for viewing the ocean.

People today are not very impressed by things like this anymore and act like they are just too cool for school, but I do enjoy this part of the ship. I hope you enjoy it too.:cool:

Its a beautiful place to stand and watch sail away's We have never found it crowded. If you go out on deck 9 it has the two extended "wings" and is right over the bridge great place for photo ops!! These pictures were taken from there

525401_10152599710005585_1184971149_n.jpg?oh=dae817db3ba862a968078e4c457589d7&oe=570E5593

419789_10152599709205585_122548135_n.jpg?oh=cdf35d6da90a77516cac7a2a00b8ff82&oe=57083211

Awesome pics! Were these taken on the Conquest? I was actually planning to do something like this on sailaway (front of ship) but had never heard of the secret doors before, and we are in fact in a cabin on the Lido deck (9).

By the way, go Hawks!!!