2016 menus

shredie

I would like to see the menu go away. Least favorite menu.

Or incorporate the items from the menu into the other menus as there are those who did like some of the items.

I agree with you, I will not sail with Princess again until they get rid of the Stone Menu. Just got off the Royal 10 days and ate only twice in the main dining room. Terrible menu for me.

Don

I agree with you, I will not sail with Princess again until they get rid of the Stone Menu. Just got off the Royal 10 days and ate only twice in the main dining room. Terrible menu for me.

Don

I am so hoping that they have not yet or won't roll out the Curtis Stone stuff on the Sapphire Princess from Singapore in February. It sounds horrible, nothing appetizing about gray fish and squashed cauliflower whatever and black beans. I won't be eating that stuff. What is Princess doing???? Way too many changes going on with the menus IMO. I suspect all the MDR changes is to get passengers to stop dining in the MDR and go to the specialty venues where they can make money. Very very sad what Princess is doing these days and not a good way to attract and keep loyal customers as I think there will be a scattering to other cruise lines.

This is just my opinion and I know not everyone will agree.

There is other stuff on the menus

Menus not just his stuff , they have things that change every night as well I'm sorry but I think groaning on about one small part of a menu that they aren't forcing you to have is silly just my opinion

Edited by Hawka

There is other stuff on the menus

Menus not just his stuff , they have things that change every night as well I'm sorry but I think groaning on about one small part of a menu that they aren't forcing you to have is silly just my opinion

You have--again--missed the point. People are not complaining about the Changing menu but about stone items taking the place of favorite Always Available items. You find it silly that people will miss their favorites. What is silly is arguing that lobster is served in the dining room on casual nights when it demonstrably is not.

You have--again--missed the point. People are not complaining about the Changing menu but about stone items taking the place of favorite Always Available items. You find it silly that people will miss their favorites. What is silly is arguing that lobster is served in the dining room on casual nights when it demonstrably is not.

I agree. I am not an adventurous eater. I like chicken, beef and some pork. I don't like wild game birds, any inside items (like liver) and I don't like any seafood with a shell. I never eat anything I had for a pet, so rabbit is also out of the question. I might eat fish once every couple of months. Do you realize how few food items that leaves for me. They already have seafood in a good portion of the menu. I'm not complaining as the issue is with me. I don't care that you get your shrimp, lobster and crab. Really, I don't. Just leave something on the menu I can choose from besides pasta.

Some people are just meat, potato and vegetable people. They deserve to have a choice as well. Change the menus. That would be nice but remember not everyone wants something that different.

I wish someone on one of the ships right now could find out and report back. Oh! I just had a terrible thought! What if they keep the 50th menu and replace the Always Available on it with Curtis Stone's cauliflower and bananas? :eek: Buffet night!

It was buffet night almost every night on our Panama Canal cruise. I was wanting the French Onion Soup so bad and disappointed it was no longer offered. If I can't pronounce what's on the menu, I'm not interested in eating it. We even missed lobster night. We're going to try the steakhouse a couple of nights and definitely the Crab Shack again. DH who has never had crab before insisted that we go and he's hooked on crab now.

I wasn't arguing about the lobster others didn't believe me and i started doubting myself on it till i asked someone who was on the ship with me,

and it does sound like they are complaining on the stone menu maybe if it was about the favourites disappearing the heading should say why are the favourites disappearing off the menu , maybe they decided to change some as they thought those ones weren't getting ordered much maybe you should email them and ask for those back so they realise they are your favourites

Edited by Hawka

Baked Alaska is that ice cream desert that right I loved it our waiters danced around with it on trays on the last night was awesome

And as a favorite of your's what if Baked Alaska wasn't there on your next cruise, but instead some Curtis Stone concoction that you didn't care for , would that just be silly of you also ?

Just curious

Srpilo

I'm apparently one of the odd people who is glad to hear that the 50th Anniversary menu will be around a little longer. The CS "inspired" MDR choices, not, at all. We'll see what is what in a few days when on board.

And as a favorite of your's what if Baked Alaska wasn't there on your next cruise, but instead some Curtis Stone concoction that you didn't care for , would that just be silly of you also ?

Just curious

Srpilo

If it wasn't there that's life it was there due I've night if it wasn't there ever again so be it I would find something else to eat yes I would miss it and rather then post where it probably won't make a difference I would email the company to see if it was possible to have it back , whether it was a stone menu or not life is what your get given and sometimes things happen that we don't like we just have to move on rather then dwell on it fit too long , is his menu going to bf there forever poetically not I funny like all things on the menu I just picked stuff I thought I would like

If it wasn't there that's life it was there due I've night if it wasn't there ever again so be it I would find something else to eat yes I would miss it and rather then post where it probably won't make a difference I would email the company to see if it was possible to have it back , whether it was a stone menu or not life is what your get given and sometimes things happen that we don't like we just have to move on rather then dwell on it fit too long , is his menu going to bf there forever poetically not I funny like all things on the menu I just picked stuff I thought I would like

I understand your point but there are many, many long time Princess cruisers who appreciated the menus that stood for many years. Excellent food and you actually could tell what you were eating. Unfortunately, they have decided to do away with menus that worked for many years and why many of us were loyal Princess cruisers. I have 3 cruises booked but if I find it harder and harder to find something I like to eat, HAL here I come. And I have to admit, my last few Princess cruises food was becoming an issue.

I looked at the Stone menu for Share and there is no way I would spend $39 on food like that.

I understand your point but there are many, many long time Princess cruisers who appreciated the menus that stood for many years. Excellent food and you actually could tell what you were eating. Unfortunately, they have decided to do away with menus that worked for many years and why many of us were loyal Princess cruisers. I have 3 cruises booked but if I find it harder and harder to find something I like to eat, HAL here I come. And I have to admit, my last few Princess cruises food was becoming an issue.

I looked at the Stone menu for Share and there is no way I would spend $39 on food like that.

Fair enough I wouldn't pay that either I only went to the MDR was thinking of doing a specialty restaurant but didn't I missed out on the meals you talk of probably cause I have only done my first cruise. By the sounds of it your all need to email or do the surveys and let them know if all those meals you all like are getting taken out and what's replacing them isn't up to the standards of the other meals that were once there , which I'm sure some have done already. I sunny know much on this share place it wasn't on the Golden .

You see IMO that's issue with your posts, a lot of posters who have sailed Princess for some time, have come to expect a certain type of dinning experience on Princess unlike yourself who has never sailed with the original menus in question, but has taken a total one cruise ever and that cruise happen to have the Curtis Stone dishes, there fore IMO you have absolutely no frame of reference in which to criticize or marginalize those posters here who based on their personal previous Princess experiences have issues with the new MDR menus .

Btw. I personally try and respect all poster's opinion here, none of which I would ever label as silly - YMMV

Srpilo

Quote: "What is silly is arguing that lobster is served in the dining room on casual nights when it demonstrably is not."

DH and I were on a 14 night cruise Oct/Nov and lobster was served on a non-formal night along with either filet or beef wellington. One of the drink waiters in the lunch buffet told me what was on the MDR menu for the night and I said they probably posted the wrong menu as that was a menu for formal night but he was right! I was happy to see that there were 14 different menus on the 14 day cruise. One of my favorite things was gnocchi with mushroom sauce on the entree menu. I ordered an appetizer size as there was something else on the entree menu that I wanted too. I don't remember what was on the Anniversary menu...

You see IMO that's issue with your posts, a lot of posters who have sailed Princess for some time, have come to expect a certain type of dinning experience on Princess unlike yourself who has never sailed with the original menus in question, but has taken a total one cruise ever and that cruise happen to have the Curtis Stone dishes, there fore IMO you have absolutely no frame of reference in which to criticize or marginalize those posters here who based on their personal previous Princess experiences have issues with the new MDR menus .

Btw. I personally try and respect all poster's opinion here, none of which I would ever label as silly - YMMV

Srpilo

I was actually trying not to sound like I was but I know I put it the wrong way and did sound that way and as you haven't sounded like you are attacking me I appreciate and respect your post and aren't getting defensive on it , maybe if I had said that this whole post OS going around in circles and getting me dizzy may have been better I had no problem with the start of the whole post but it was starting to sound like it was repeating it's self and I just posted what I did good chance I was tired and was looking for something new, actually loved reading the posts that were getting funny about green foam lol my apologies for my post earlier I probably should have just said nothing and did a bit of take my own advice and just moved on to the next post

Edited by Hawka