2016 menus

shredie

Okay, it's January 1, so does this mean the demise of the 50th Anniversary dinner menu from formal night? I don't know if anyone is currently on a ship who can report, but I'm very curious.

Been wondering the same thing

I read or heard somewhere :D that it was being continued through May. I love the dinner, so I'm looking forward to having it one more time in February. One of the reasons I have done formal night the past couple of cruises. :eek:

Cheers, Denise

I read or heard somewhere :D that it was being continued through May. I love the dinner, so I'm looking forward to having it one more time in February. One of the reasons I have done formal night the past couple of cruises. :eek:

Cheers, Denise

That would be great news. We're sailing on the Royal next week, and we were hoping to have the anniversary menu one more time, too. We were on a British Isles/TA in the fall, and I loved the veal ravioli appetizer so much that I ordered it as a dinner sized portion on the TA part of the cruise.

From the Princess website:

It all began 50 years ago with a cruise to Mexico and a single ship — Princess Patricia®. Today, we take our guests to the world's greatest cruise destinations on board 18 magnificent cruise ships while introducing them to new experiences they will never forget. Our celebration continues through April 2016, so join us for a cruise vacation filled with special events and surprises, and together we'll toast our historic 50th Anniversary!

I know there will be some changes to the menus on Alaska cruises in addition to the Curtis Stone menu changes. Although I'm not looking forward to the latter.

I would like to see the menu go away. Least favorite menu.

Or incorporate the items from the menu into the other menus as there are those who did like some of the items.

To each their own. I found the risotto cakes to be heavenly and I get a double order of the osso bucco agnolotti as an entree. YUM! Edited by IECalCruiser

I wish someone on one of the ships right now could find out and report back. Oh! I just had a terrible thought! What if they keep the 50th menu and replace the Always Available on it with Curtis Stone's cauliflower and bananas? :eek: Buffet night!

I hope they bring the old menus back, I really struggled to find something

I would eat and I am not a fussy eater, even the soups were peculiar at times

I resorted to asking for a bowl of vegetables.:D

My DH eats pretty much meat, potatoes and veggys. I almost fell over when he told me there was nothing on the dinner menu that interested him. I too often went to the always available side because there was nothing that appealed to me. I ended up ordering the same pasta every day as the appetizer and one time as the main dish.

I almost always order a soup each dinner but not the last cruise. Not one single one appealed to me.

Please Princess, bring back the menus that people liked. I am not sure why you think one outside chef should dominate the entire cruise food menus. Were the chefs you already had stupid and non creative or something that you couldn't get input from them instead?

The 50th Anniversary Menu is only one night out of your cruise. I personally find that menu better than the Embarkation Sailaway menu or the last night Farewell menu. Those two have been around for many years and could stand a change 🙄

True, but it really doesn't offer as many choices as the standard menus. Instead of maybe five entrees (in addition to whatever the Always Available turns out to be) the 50th menu gives you two to choose from. I think the best solution will be to incorporate the dishes into other menus, offering the risotto cakes as an appetizer, or the ravioli as a pasta dish, etc., so everyone will be happy. (I will not miss the "Duck Spam," LOL.)

I'm going on a coastal this week, but since it's too short for a formal night, I'm not sure if a 50th menu would be offered anyway. (I do seem to remember it on another short cruise, though...) I guess I'll find out.

I'm going on a coastal this week, but since it's too short for a formal night, I'm not sure if a 50th menu would be offered anyway. (I do seem to remember it on another short cruise, though...) I guess I'll find out.
We had the 50th Anniversary menu on a 4 day cruise last February. Please report back and let us know if the 50th menu is still there and if the Curtis Stone have replaced "Anytime" selections. Edited by IECalCruiser

Okay, it's January 1, so does this mean the demise of the 50th Anniversary dinner menu from formal night? I don't know if anyone is currently on a ship who can report, but I'm very curious.

I guess you didn't ask the MD or a HW when you were on the Pacific in December?

We had the 50th Anniversary menu on a 4 day cruise last February. Please report back and let us know if the 50th menu is still there and if the Curtis Stone have replaced "Anytime" selections.

Absolutely! Will do.

I guess you didn't ask the MD or a HW when you were on the Pacific in December?

HW said he didn't know.

We weren't especially thrilled with the "special" menu but it didn't really have a negative effect on our cruise. We cruised twice during the anniversary celebration (we don't cruise again until June so it will be finished by then) and neither cruise was made worse due to the different menu. We always seemed to find something good to eat.

Cheers, Denise

Just got off the Grand.

it's there till May...

I board the Royal next week for 30 days, I will be blogging and will report on the menu items.

Vicki, I'll be looking forward to your blog. Hope to meet you when we board the Royal on the 29th.

Happy New Year.

Absolutely! Will do.

HW said he didn't know.

Well, whatever it is, I know you cruise a lot so I hope you get a few new dishes. (Looks like it's lasting all winter season from the above).

We'll also find out (I'm sure) from Jeannie on board Emerald next week.

Edited by steelers36