Drinks Package price increase

I am thinking of all the people who have asked on this forum if they should pre-order their beverage packages, only to be told that the prices would be the same on the ship so they should rather buy them there..

Thank god i bought ours as soon as they were available. Due to the exchangerate of dollar vs NOK, higher gratuity and now a bit more expensive, we have saved $100 pr person for UP.

Haven't seen this one before:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Interesting that "gratuities MAY be added".

From the looks of it, seems like maybe my favorite replenish package no longer includes frozen (nonalcoholic) cocktails-- that would be a deal breaker for me!

That seems to be up to date so it appears that way.

Last year, it seemed that their various adult drink packages were based on which brands were part of the package. I don't see that this year, so am hesitant to purchase until I know more. And there is no info online. For example, which wines are included? Do I pay more for premium wines? Can I get a Bombay Sapphire martini or just their well brand?

That seems to be up to date so it appears that way.

The cruiseplanner still say:

But that's not all. You can also choose fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, and any fountain soda, which includes a Coca Cola® souvenir cup. Bottoms up!

I'm just worried a bit about the line in the fine print on the pdf link in a previous post that states that "Specialty Beers" are NOT included. They were not a problem on our cruise last April. This would be a big difference and a huge disappointment for me, if this is actually the case.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/cont...e_packages.pdf

dp

I'm just worried a bit about the line in the fine print on the pdf link in a previous post that states that "Specialty Beers" are NOT included. They were not a problem on our cruise last April. This would be a big difference and a huge disappointment for me, if this is actually the case.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/cont...e_packages.pdf

dp

It does say that....and I noticed that there is no mention of Michelob Ultra, which is what I usually drink onboard. :eek:

It does say that....and I noticed that there is no mention of Michelob Ultra, which is what I usually drink onboard. :eek:

I think you're safe... I don't think anyone would consider Michelob Ultra a "Specialty Beer":D

dp

I think you're safe... I don't think anyone would consider Michelob Ultra a "Specialty Beer":D

dp

Not the issue. They don't list it under the beers. That's what I was worried about. Although I hope that you can still get your Specialty beers. DH enjoys them as well. :)

The fine print at the bottom of the pdf previously posted is dated 01/05/2015. I think it may be outdated.

I think that's a typo. It does say copyright 2016 on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fine print at the bottom of the pdf previously posted is dated 01/05/2015. I think it may be outdated.

If you look again, same line says 2016 at the beginning. The other PDF that has been posted on these boards for years is gone, this is the first time I have seen this one. I think whoever created this new PDF just messed up the date as many people do close to the new year.

As it would for me. Curious to read what's being done on the ships.

Just off Grandeur yesterday.

On our cruise planner, price for premium pkg was $57. When we boarded the Grandeur, it was advertised at $49. For a brief moment, I thought the price had gone down until I figured out that price didn't include gratuities. It came to $57.82

Bought it anyway. Not going to worry about $.82 cents a day. :o

Last year, it seemed that their various adult drink packages were based on which brands were part of the package. I don't see that this year, so am hesitant to purchase until I know more. And there is no info online. For example, which wines are included? Do I pay more for premium wines? Can I get a Bombay Sapphire martini or just their well brand?

Last week, premium package included both Bombay and Tanqeray. Wines were included to $12 per glass. If you ordered one for $14, you paid the $2 difference. There were several nice wines available for $12

Haven't seen this one before:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Interesting that "gratuities MAY be added".

From the looks of it, seems like maybe my favorite replenish package no longer includes frozen (nonalcoholic) cocktails-- that would be a deal breaker for me!

If that is the case then pricing is going up and what is included is going down.... a double whack.

This is what is says on my cruise planner for the Royal Replenish:

'OVERVIEW

Save on our entire stock of non-alcoholic beverages. The Royal Replenish Package lets you pay one set price* to enjoy a wide variety of beverages.

This all-inclusive package includes our full selection of premium coffee, premium tea, and bottled water, including sparkling and still.

But that's not all. You can also choose fresh squeezed orange juice, non-alcoholic cocktails, and any fountain soda, which includes a Coca Cola® souvenir cup. Bottoms up!

Price shown is per person, per day.'

I am assuming that the non alcoholic cocktails includes the frozen drinks? Not sure though, It is £14.96 per day and when I booked just now it definitely said that the 18% Gratuity is included in the price so not expecting to have to pay more...

... I am assuming that the non alcoholic cocktails includes the frozen drinks? ...

Unless something has changed very recently, the non-alcoholic cocktails in the package include the frozen variety.