Taking laptop, camera and tablet onboard

GreenGuyJ

I'm planning to take a laptop, DSLR camera, and tablet on my upcoming cruise. I'm concerned about putting them in my bags because I don't want to risk them being damaged it stolen. The alternative is to have them in carry on bags. If I do that, how long will I have to carry them around before I can get into my cabin to drop them off? I'm don't want to have to carry them around to the windjammer or to the pool... What have you guys done with these type of items?

I'm planning to take a laptop, DSLR camera, and tablet on my upcoming cruise. I'm concerned about putting them in my bags because I don't want to risk them being damaged it stolen. The alternative is to have them in carry on bags. If I do that, how long will I have to carry them around before I can get into my cabin to drop them off? I'm don't want to have to carry them around to the windjammer or to the pool... What have you guys done with these type of items?

Rooms open 1pm to 1:30pm. Easy solution, don't arrive until rooms are open.

I always carry them on, for the same reason.

You can usually enter your cabin about 1:30 or so. What time do you plan to arrive?

No real alternatives, just the "cost" of having them on the trip. That's the way I look at it, anyway.

You wouldn't put any of those items in your checked bags for a flight, no way I would put them in a checked bag for a cruise. Bring a small rolling suitcase that you can put them in if you don't want to carry them.

You wouldn't put any of those items in your checked bags for a flight, no way I would put them in a checked bag for a cruise. Bring a small rolling suitcase that you can put them in if you don't want to carry them.

Just get one of these. :D LowePro

1452482511074.jpg.ae5a36b4f9f1b4cdc1a5040d823e8055.jpg

Definitely carry them on, don't check them. I always take them to the buffet with me and people always have their carry on stuff with them there, there's not really much alternative and it's only for a few hours max if you're there early. If you're getting on board after lunch then the rooms might be open straight away anyway.

Laptop and tablets are made very strong, that is why they are portable. DSLR camera are strong too, but will not take certain blows to the lens.

I stow my tablet, never found a need for a laptop after tablets were introduced, in my carry on, just put it in, so to speak, never had a problem EVER, even in laptop era.

I, do not like heavy cameras and the DSLR if taken, is my Ladies camera and I make her take it in her carry on. Never a problem.

Edited by north29

I always put my valuable electronic items in my carry on. No different whether it is on a flight or on a cruise. I have recently switched to a small rolling case as my carry on so I don't have to physically carry my carry on bag anymore.

I never go in the pool on the first day so don't know what people would do in these circumstances.

We carry all these things with us. Usually dine at Vintages on the first day. You don't have to carry anything anywhere. There is a comfortable seat in a not too crowded environment.

Always take them in a carryon. If your checked bag gets lost, the insurance for the airlines will not cover the cost of those items, nor will it cover damage to them.

I always keep mine with me. Plus, you don't want to trust them to not be damaged with this kind of handling.

[YOUTUBE]9MZqiE3yGlQ[/YOUTUBE]

Just get one of these. :D LowePro

This is basically what I have in their backpack form. Makes it easy to carry on planes or ships. Not a chance I would check any of my electronics. A backpack or roller version makes it easy and well worth the investment imo...

Laptop and tablets are made very strong, that is why they are portable. DSLR camera are strong too, but will not take certain blows to the lens.

I stow my tablet, never found a need for a laptop after tablets were introduced, in my carry on, just put it in, so to speak, never had a problem EVER, even in laptop era.

I, do not like heavy cameras and the DSLR if taken, is my Ladies camera and I make her take it in her carry on. Never a problem.

Aren't you a gentleman. :eek:

A couple of years ago, when we were checking out bags at the pier in Ft. Lauderdale, I handed my laptop bag to the porter. He asked me if it held a laptop, and when I said yes, he said, "Lady, you'd be crazy to check this."

I figured he knew what he was talking about and carried it on.

Edited by NewSalt

Laptop and tablets are made very strong, that is why they are portable.

After nearly 30 years in IT I'd have to say that is a dangerous overstatement. I can't tell you how many laptops haven't survived inside their cases when someother idiot crammed their carryon into the overhead bin on top of a laptop in its case.