Harvest Caye opens in November

leeker13

Norwegian Cruise Line is developing the Caribbean's premier destination experience at Harvest Caye, Belize. This spectacular resort-style port of call will feature an expansive pool, exclusive beach, shallow lagoon for watersports, private luxury cabanas and many more exciting features. We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality amenities and services to our guests in one of the richest ecosystems in the region with a diversity of flora and fauna that is core to the Harvest Caye experience. As a result, the grand opening of Harvest Caye will take place in November 2016. Guests sailing on Western Caribbean cruises now through mid-November will enjoy the beauty, adventure and rich history of this country with a call in Belize City.

Further details on the destination and the experiences will be revealed in early 2016 and we look forward to welcoming our guests to Harvest Caye this fall. A communication to booked guests will be sent later this week with revised itinerary details.

Norwegian Cruise Line is developing the Caribbean's premier destination experience at Harvest Caye, Belize. This spectacular resort-style port of call will feature an expansive pool, exclusive beach, shallow lagoon for watersports, private luxury cabanas and many more exciting features. We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality amenities and services to our guests in one of the richest ecosystems in the region with a diversity of flora and fauna that is core to the Harvest Caye experience. As a result, the grand opening of Harvest Caye will take place in November 2016. Guests sailing on Western Caribbean cruises now through mid-November will enjoy the beauty, adventure and rich history of this country with a call in Belize City.

Further details on the destination and the experiences will be revealed in early 2016 and we look forward to welcoming our guests to Harvest Caye this fall. A communication to booked guests will be sent later this week with revised itinerary details.

And I said it was going to be 6 months late not 9 LOL

Could you provide a news link?

In a statement, vice president of passenger services Vivian Ewart said the delay resulted from a desire to deliver “the highest quality amenities and services to our guests in one of the richest ecosystems in the region with a diversity of flora and fauna that is core to the Harvest Caye experience."

I guess thats one way to spin it LOL

Could you provide a news link?

http://cruisefever.net/0112-norwegian-delays-opening-of-harvest-caye/

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=33782

http://www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=34696

FRom this interview end of Dec:

It was scheduled to officially be opened on February 2016. But it will be delayed."

Andrade hopes that it will be completed by November - which is the start of the tourism season.

That's a disappointment. I was looking forward to a private island day during my June Getaway cruise. Oh well! I guess I'll have to go do some research on Belize City. The NCL info about my cruise hasn't been updated on their website yet.

When are they going to revise the itineraries on ncl.com???I was almost ready to book the getaway for this september just for harvest caye!!!Most probably i will go to escape or allure of the seas!!!Thank god for cruise critic we always learn here the news first!!

Nine month Delay, is much more than improving the "eco" development. They have ruined a very nice island and are having to pay the price to do so. Google, Belize and you will see for yourself. Lots of reef and eco damage. Norwegian should be ashamed on the damage they have done there. They will no doubt pay off the necessary officials and get it open. I have two weeks on the Getaway in April into May. We were just going to stay on the ship and drink our UBP worth of drinks, which won't be allowed on that stop. I have no problem skipping that disaster.

Not happy about this. Harvest Caye was one of the big reasons I booked the Star for spring break this year. I guess I'll have to drown my sorrows with the drink package.

Same for us, we have done Western Caribbean twice and booked our cruise for the new port. Definitely will be enjoying our UDP and spa pass that day!! February was already a delay but, to go out to November makes me wonder if it will ever get open.

I booked our cruise in July. At the time Harvest Caye was supposed to open in the fall. This latest delay will make it a year late in opening. Of course I have yet to receive any communication from NCL, but they have been more than happy to collect final payments on an itinerary they had no intention of delivering :rolleyes:

I booked the Getaway for Nov 6, 2016. When I heard the news yesterday, I called my PCC at NCL and she confirmed the 11/6/16 cruise will substitute Belize. I wanted to change my cruise to 11/13/16, but she said that date won't be stopping at Harvest Caye either.

• 9 months later...

I feel a bit like someone who will be trapped in a gilded cage.... I don't mind paying for food and drink, but only when I have a chance to see something of the place... If I am just sitting on a private beach then What's the point?

I think I would have rather gone into Belize city?