Definition of footnote keys used on Itineraries?

GregnChris

In looking at the Itineraries for the New Zealand cruises, I have come across several "footnote" references that I don't recognize. I tried to search the HAL web site for a list of definitions, but could not one.

Here is the list of footnote keys that I ran across. I have listed the meanings of the ones that I know. Hopefully the experienced HAL cruisers can fill in the missing definitions. Or post a link to their definitions on the HAL. Thanks in advance for your help.

Key - Meaning

AC - ?

CO - ?

DH - ?

ON - Overnight in Port

SC - Scenic Cruising

TC - ?

TR - Tender Port

VX - ?

WC - ?

Greg

If the CO is for Bay of Plenty/Coromandel day it is cruising only.

The WC beside Fiordland will mean weather conditions permitting.

The TC is probably Tidal Conditions which apply at Mount Maunganui (Tauranga).

At which port is the AC listed?

Port Notes:

AC DRINKING AGE IS 18 ON THIS VOY

CO CRUISING ONLY

SC SERVICE CALL

TC TIMES SUBJECT TO TIDAL CONDITI

TR TENDER REQUIRED

VX VISA REQUIRED

X2 CHECK IN FROM 1:00-3:00PM

CO CRUISING ONLY

DH TIMES SUBJECT TO DAYLIGHT HOUR

ON OVERNIGHT

WC TIMES SUBJECT TO WEATHER CON

I found all these to the right of the listed itinerary on the HAL site for each cruise. Not sure where you are looking for it.

Port Notes:

I found all these to the right of the listed itinerary on the HAL site for each cruise. Not sure where you are looking for it.

See the codes now, weren't there yesterday. Honest. Some HAL bigwig must have seen this thread.

Edited by whogo

I was surprised to see there is no key for those footnotes on the Holland America website. Whose goof is that?

I am pretty sure I have seen it before with the itineraries but it is not there now.

Edited to add: OK, it is there now! It wasn't there last night, I swear. I did send an email to HAL to ask what the abbreviations meant since it isn't explained on the website; I have a feeling they may have fixed it overnight. ;)

Edited by Boytjie

Thanks all for the information.

I carefully looked for the codes before posting the question yesterday, and I couldn't find them. I even tried using the search function to find them, but could not. I checked the printout of the itinerary I made yesterday, and no code explanations on it either. I am glad they have added them back.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Greg

Thanks all for the information.

I carefully looked for the codes before posting the question yesterday, and I couldn't find them. I even tried using the search function to find them, but could not. I checked the printout of the itinerary I made yesterday, and no code explanations on it either. I am glad they have added them back.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Greg

Hope the information helps you to book a cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the question - good to have in a concise list (when I've seen them posted, they only applied to that particular itinerary, so didn't have all of them). It was just the information I needed.

BTW - Greg and Chris - we are also on the north cape in Jun (but will miss first M&G since we're renovating in Copenhagen) - third leg for us, starting in FLL.

I have never had a problem finding the codes when I needed, but I have no doubt - given the unreliability of HAL's website - that they must have disappeared from time to time, given what is posted above. And I believe posters here over any info I get from HAL.:D