The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Nancy, they are forward of existing cabins, two each side and are in the space currently used as officers quarters. New deck plans for Journey on the Az website show them.

Phil

Very interesting to see them building out the new balcony cabins on deck 8. Especially since we will be next door in cabin 8000 on the Quest.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter so many thanks to everyone for posting photos of the refurbishment here, please keep them coming. Looking forward to being on Journey in March.

Hi Marmaduke,

That was the plan. I totally understand that not everyone is on Twitter and Facebook, so I wanted our members to be able to share the Journey - pun intended. Glad you are enjoying the show ! :)

Hi Marmaduke,

That was the plan. I totally understand that not everyone is on Twitter and Facebook, so I wanted our members to be able to share the Journey - pun intended. Glad you are enjoying the show ! :)

Andy, I'm bowled over by the number of pictures coming from the ship. Can't wait to see as the new interiors take shape:cool:

Phil

I am enjoying this thread very much. I have been on the Journey each of the last two years and will be on her again this fall. It is interesting to see what happens when a ship gets some major renovations.

But, I do have a couple of observations and questions. First, what do they do with the old furniture? It looks like it is headed to the junk heap. I would have thought there might be some Bahamians who would have been happy to have it.

Second, where are the workers from? Did they come from the U.S. with the ship? They certainly don't look like a representative cross section of Bahamians to me.

I am enjoying this thread very much. I have been on the Journey each of the last two years and will be on her again this fall. It is interesting to see what happens when a ship gets some major renovations.

But, I do have a couple of observations and questions. First, what do they do with the old furniture? It looks like it is headed to the junk heap. I would have thought there might be some Bahamians who would have been happy to have it.

Second, where are the workers from? Did they come from the U.S. with the ship? They certainly don't look like a representative cross section of Bahamians to me.

Whoever the workers are, I would imagine they are specially trained in dry dock renovations which must have a rapid turn around time. I'm sure if there are locals who are trained for this would have been utilized.

Nancy, they are forward of existing cabins, two each side and are in the space currently used as officers quarters. New deck plans for Journey on the Az website show them.

Phil

Thanks marinaro44 and Phil. These are suites, correct?

Phil, when are you on Azamara again? Seems like you've been in drydock. 😉

Thanks for all the great pics. We'll be first timers on Azamara in March. Can hardly wait, especially with all that beautiful new renovations. The design reminds me at Celebrity, like that decor. I think the new cabins on 8 will be the numbers 88xx, they already showed up on the booking sites. We booked a Veranda gty, so we'll have a fair chance to try these [emoji6].

We just received our "Reimagining" book in the mail and are having great fun looking at the pictures. I'm intrigued by the re-design of the Patio Grill area allowing it to be an outdoor dining area in the evening. And the Mosaic looks plush. Very nice.

Thanks marinaro44 and Phil. These are suites, correct?

Phil, when are you on Azamara again? Seems like you've been in drydock. 😉

Lol, Nancy. I'm living the dry dock! Some say I should have been dry docked some time ago:o. Have to wait until April to see Journey.

The new cabins on 8 are V1 verandas, not suites. Deck 9 port side gets two new Spa Suites where the internet and acupuncture rooms were.

Phil