The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Tom, that's $4 more than I won in Saturday's UK rollover Lotto jackpot.

Phil

I think I will save my gambling money for blackjack on our next AZ Journey trip in April. Good idea since the ambience, dealers (shout out to Marina!) and fellow players make this way more fun than the solo experience of Powerball. Bon chance a tous!

We were on the Journey for Nov/Dec TA and this transformation is extraordinary. Thank you to Andy, Heike, Capt. Johannes, and everyone else for posting photos and video. We are anxious to actually see the new staterooms and suites rather than the artist's renderings. Especially since the renderings show no storage, just open shelving. Handsome, but like Frank Lloyd Wright's homes, not very practical or useful and difficult in which to live. The new linens were lovely though we did have to have them removed from our cabin (my allergic reaction to the sizing). Our butler had everything taken care in less than 2 hrs -- someone on Journey was smart enought to keep back some of the old linens just in case.

We will be on the Quest for the Sept TA and look forward to seeing her refurbished.

I bet Capt. Johannes was much happier to be there overseeing Journey than back in Charleston for the craziness of the 2 US political debates.

I know we will see some of you in Sept. on that soldout TA.

Alice & Bob

enjoying so much snow in SW Colorado

The new linens were lovely though we did have to have them removed from our cabin (my allergic reaction to the sizing). Our butler had everything taken care in less than 2 hrs -- someone on Journey was smart enought to keep back some of the old linens just in case.

We will be on the Quest for the Sept TA and look forward to seeing her refurbished.

I'm just hoping that the linens will have been through the laundry multiple times, before we embark on 09/09/16! :eek:

Edited by upwarduk

Are they enclosing all the showers? Please say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked Heike when we were onboard and, yes, there will be shower curtains. There are doors that can be used in that kind of smaller space; we have one in our motorhome. It would be more expensive. Shower curtains are cheap and when they no longer wash clean they may be thrown out. Still REALLY don't like them. Neither of us. We would be willing to pay more for our cabin to have a door. Is Larry P. listening?!

BTW, while onboard the TA we were told that some of the redone CS suites will have showers only. That would be much safer for those with orthopedic or balance issues. Miami is supposed to know which ones.

Alice

I asked Heike when we were onboard and, yes, there will be shower curtains. There are doors that can be used in that kind of smaller space; we have one in our motorhome. It would be more expensive. Shower curtains are cheap and when they no longer wash clean they may be thrown out. Still REALLY don't like them. Neither of us. We would be willing to pay more for our cabin to have a door. Is Larry P. listening?!

BTW, while onboard the TA we were told that some of the redone CS suites will have showers only. That would be much safer for those with orthopedic or balance issues. Miami is supposed to know which ones.

Alice

Half the CC suites will have showers. That's far from enough to meet demand, as few people take baths anymore and a high percentage prefer walk-in showers. Starboard N1 suites will have showers as will port N2 suites. The rest still have tubs.

I, for one, am glad they are retaining shower curtains in the non-suite staterooms, and I'll never understand the objection. Is Larry P. listening?