ms Oosterdam Sail-Away January 18, 2016

Boytjie

Here is a screen snip of her course change last night. The other vessels displayed on this snip are as of this morning 6:45am PST and not last night.

Yes...she is really moving this morning at 24 knots!

Osterdam%20Course%201-17-16.jpg

Edited by rajkr74

I was tracking her last night on Marinetraffic.com around 10:30pm PST and saw that she changed course 180 degrees to starboard and headed back south. She was off the west coast of Bahamas. Hard to gage how far she went south, but using a ruler on the map it appears to be over 30kms distance. Can't tell how much time she used for this "diversion"? Can't tell what she was doing but I was pretty sure that course change would make her late for Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe a possible rescue?

By looking at some of the timestamps on her route, it seems that the loop she sailed may have added about 1.5 hours to the trip.

I don't see anything posted on the Roll call for the cruise boarding today; in 2010 we got email notifications during the night to tell us about the ship's later arrival and our delayed embarkation.

Edited by Boytjie

As of 10:15 ship has not yet docked. We are at the pier waiting to board.

Ted,

Not a good start for your cruise let alone for the crew who are going to be rushed all day and evening. :( I hope none of the passengers leaving had early flights?

As of 10:15 ship has not yet docked. We are at the pier waiting to board.

Did you get any notification from HAL that the ship is delayed?

My guess is she won't be docking before 11:00 am.

She is on her way:

14smvbk.jpg

Ted,

Not a good start for your cruise let alone for the crew who are going to be rushed all day and evening. :( I hope none of the passengers leaving had early flights?

We had the delayed experience in 2010 and embarkation went fine; few people complained (but then again, our RSVP charters are very happy events!).

One good things about that delayed departure was that a few people made it to the ship in time when they could have missed it: there were horrible weather problems on the East Coast and even in Texas and many incoming flights were affected.

It was a nightmare for those that disembarked; missing flights etc.

After talking to my TA this morning I though I would check out the webcams before I left for lunch. When I opened the HAL forum and saw this thread was on page three I knew something was strange. I was just in time to see Oosterdam sail in.

Happily@Sea - hope you don't have to sit too long!