OK Let's play name that NEW ADDITION.

Jimmy Geegitz

I don't know how new it is (or if it's been around forever), but we have been loving the Seaside Theater movies lately. I absolutely love sitting out on a deck chair with a glass of wine and one of the super soft blankets, watching a movie (and people watching).

Guys burgers are insane. I think I actually didn't try one the first time I was on a ship that had them (I am a big pizza fan). But OMG...once I did...I was hooked.

Blue Iguana burritos are awesome.

My youngest LOVES Seuss at Sea!!

I like the fact Carnival has robes for all staterooms compared to similar lines (at least lats time I read) which is not an upgrade but good.

Also the Sky ride and sports square and Havana Cabin options is a good addition.

I also think the timely dry docks and refits are great too...some new/newish venues may be for a fee (Imax,Havana, seafood shack) but the choice becomes greater.

• 1 month later...
Since someone started name that cutback. How about the great new additions,

I can think of many but I'll list probably the best one.

FREE...Guys Burgers. Better burger than you pay for at Johnny Rockets on Royal.

I don't believe taking a burger already offered, and putting a brand name on it, can be called an addition.

But they are certainly not free. They are included in your fare. As well as self serve. You get your own. Johnny Rockets is served to you in their restaurant, so you are paying a tip for that service, but that burger is also included in the fare.

But not a fan of JR. They were dried out hockey pucks as well.

By the way, if I recall correctly, most if not all the 2.0 enhancements were simply putting brand names to things already offered.

Guy's Burgers and fries - including the wonderful toppings bar and that Chipotle Mayo!

Dive In Movies with popcorn at no charge!

Sea Day Brunch!

Drinks on Us Card!

$3.99 12 packs of water from the funshop!

Bottles of Alcohol for in the room from the funshop!

American Table menus including port of calls options and pie every night!

Journey cruises!

I don't believe taking a burger already offered, and putting a brand name on it, can be called an addition.

But they are certainly not free. They are included in your fare. As well as self serve. You get your own. Johnny Rockets is served to you in their restaurant, so you are paying a tip for that service, but that burger is also included in the fare.

By the way, if I recall correctly, most if not all the 2.0 enhancements were simply putting brand names to things already offered.

Most of the 2.0 upgrades weren't just Brand Names added.....things were Upgraded and Much better in almost all aspects.....Most Drinks at Alchemy bar aren't made at other bars on the ship.... Guys burgers are much better than the old dried out ones from the pool grill etc

I love this thread and All The Positives on it......As a few people mentioned all the people who whine n complain about a few things taken away or a $1 added to water... Well just read this whole thread of all the awesome big things that Carnivals ADDED for everyone's enjoyment

I bet the Whiners n Complainers were like Crap a Happy, Positive Post. Run away Run Away lol 🙈😂😂

For the kids - SPORT"S SQUARE, ropes course and all. My tween had the most fun ever on the Sunshine and was able to be outside playing all day.

Havana Bar on Sunshine - a great place for breakfast, almost never crowded, and delicious treats to be found to snack on with my bar beverage.

JiJi's and Bonsai also fantastic - trying Cuccina next cruise. I love the added, reasonably priced, food venues and the free ones like Guy's. My DH doesn't want to sail a ship without Guy's - he lives for those burgers.

Guy's Burgers are completely different and better (for most) than the old Lido grill ones. It has nothing to do with the name for me, but how they're made and all the extra toppings. Just because you have to go up and get it yourself doesn't mean it's not a great addition. As far as it not being free, of course it's included in your fare. Nothing is really free... it's either included or it's extra and included is most definitely better. From what I've heard JR is pretty bad and $7.95 is close to what I'd pay on land for a great burger. So, are you saying that people don't tip at JR or is the tip for JR included in automatic gratuities? I can't believe that they're charging a mandatory $7.95 gratuity for one lousy burger...:eek:

*Italian restaurant

*Sushi Restaurant

*Alchemy Bar

*Guys

*Blue Iguana

*Red Frog Pub and Bar

*New Platinum and Diamond Party (less crowded and makes you feel a bit more special

*Ocean Plaza (the design of it plus it gives you another place to have a drink, listen to music, eat from the taste bar, etc)

*Cheers program (although I haven't used it because I think its still too much seeing as I don't want to drink 15 drinks a day to get my money worth, I think its a great opportunity for people who are willing to chuck out an extra $600 for no worries kind of drinking)----IMHO, $600 could be another cruise lol

If they could make another package with a lower price and lower drinking limit to about 6 per day, that sounds more reasonable to me. After I have a hangover, I need all morning to recuperate and if I'm on the current cheers program I'm missing out on drinks that I paid for.

*Steakhouse- Now I know it's not new, but it's a new addition for me because I always scoffed at paying extra for food when there is tons of it for free. But I recently treated me and my mom to the Steakhouse on my last cruise and I was pleasantly surprised. Boy was I missing out. We made a vow that we must book the steakhouse each and every cruise from now on.

*Serenity

*More exciting cruise directors--There used to be a time where people wouldn't even care what cruise director they were sailing with. You could easily go about your day and bump into him and have no idea who he was. Now the cruise directors have turned into entertainers themselves and in turn have become mini celebrities on the ship and on social media. Some people even book cruises just to make sure they are sailing with that CD. Prime Example: Matt Mitcham (hey Matt)

*Calypso music!-- Now I'm going on the Breeze again in April (Next month yay!), so this will be my 1st time with the music but I am so glad to hear it has been brought back. That reminds me of cruising when I was younger and all of my early cruise memories start flooding back and I feel a sense of nostalgia. I can't wait.

Omg this list could go on and on lol.

I really love that you started this. Like some have stated, there are some negative people on here. "ugh I don't feel like checking a box to tell my steward if I want my room cleaned twice a day or just once. He should be able to read my mind. I'm on vacation, picking up a pen to check a box is way too much work, hassle, and worry for me! boo hoo hoo"

lol

Just an example

coffee and milkshakes (I think) added to the CHEERS program!!:o

Specialty coffees are explicitly included. I'm not so sure about milkshakes, though some on the Cheers! thread claim that they are included. We can always hope. :)

Blue Iguana is my number 1 favorite improvement!

I also enjoy the Serenity deck and my DH is a fan of Guy's Burgers.

Hoping to try sea day brunch in April. I always forget about it.

Does Blue Iguana only have soft tacos or do they also have hard shells?

AGREE about the great pricing on wifi. How about Red Frog Pub!

Agree with the Red Frog Pub!! Our favorite place to relax and enjoy trivia in the evenings. Something a lot of people may not realize are the FREE frog ball snacks they have (they may be referred to by a different name on different ships). They are fried/baked chick peas. We get a bowl each night AT NO CHARGE:)

According to your logic, going to the restroom is not free....it's included in the fare:D