Hair Dryers

rioigo

I hve been reading post that mention taking your own hair dryer. The hair dryers on the ship are fine, you just have to hold the button down the entire time drying. Solution. We always take a firm rubber band and put on butten. It works great. Now you can take that extra pair of shoes. Rioigo Tina and Al

The dryers are NOT fine, for my hair! Takes about 3 times as long to dry it...and they don't blow worth a damn, which is the whole point of "blow drying"! I'll keep bringing the dryer that works for my hair!

Me too! I have VERY thick hair and blow drying with the one provided by the ship can take me an hour or longer, plus the added nuisance of holding down the button the entire time. With my personal dryer I can get it done in 20 minutes. I'm sure for folks with fine to medium hair, the ship dryer will do. But if you have very long or very thick, or both, OR if you prefer to round brush and actually make use of the cold blast button on a professional dryer... bring your own. Well worth making space in your suitcase.

I'm just a guy so it doesn't take me long to dry but I use a piece of duct tape to hold button in.

J.

P.S. If you have trouble finding the hair dryer it's in one one of the drawers

Funny thing happened to me....twice.

On two different cruises, while blow drying my hair with my powerful hair dryer the smoke/fire alarm has been triggered. :eek: I guess it's one of the disadvantages of having the vanity next to the closet wall where the detector is.

Both times the phone rang within a few seconds and someone asking me if there is a fire. I tell them no, I think it was that my hair dryer is very hot...they remotely turn off the alarm. Each time a minute or so later there were two security people at the door. They ask if everything is OK and ask to come in and look around. I think they are looking for signs of cigarettes/cigars/pipes/etc. When they see nothing, they apologize for disturbing me and leave.

It makes me feel a lot safer knowing how fast the ship responds to an alarm going off!! And now, I am very careful to aim the hair dryer away from the smoke/heat detector and to have the balcony door open if weather permits. :)

Sit on your balcony with a glass of a rich red wine, comb your hair, relax, sip your wine, repeat....

Exactly! Also, know your own hair. I have never met a hotel hairdryer that can match my hair, so I bring a hairdryer for the more dressy evenings. Otherwise, hair in a French braid....me sipping a stress free beverage enjoying the view without my hair blowing in my face.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sit on your balcony with a glass of a rich red wine, comb your hair, relax, sip your wine, repeat....

That would be the worst thing for my hair! I bring my own hair products, hair dryer and since I live in humidity and with very naturally soft water, my hair does the same on a cruise. But I have to use high heat immediately. No letting it air dry and sip wine. I wish..

The hair dryers on the ship are fine, you just have to hold the button down the entire time drying. Solution.

The issue isn't having to hold the button down (although that is annoying), it's that the ship's hairdryers take at least twice as long to dry hair as most personal hairdryers. They just aren't as powerful, and as mentioned, don't have the "cold" button, either.

I am the original post on the hair dryer. Sorry I have short hair so I just thought I would be helpful.. Take your own hair dryer , you will be happier

For short hair the ship's hairdryers are probably fine. But they don't cut it for longer hair. ;)