Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

1e7624d0d753922cadb06c9d5c83092d.jpg

LrgPizza's feedback inspired a research run. Magaritaville is apparently operating at the moment (as in "right now") with two pre-mixed drinks. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But if you want something made to order, maybe it's worth asking what's currently pre-made.

5e1783ada42fb8f007c47c262cbc626f.jpg

Here's the other - watermelon something?

Not sure if these are the two most popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Also - in regards to Margaritaville, there were in fact four people seated at the bar when I returned. Maybe it was by chance that it was empty when I stopped by earlier.

In regards to the watermelon drink - it does have a tasty flavor, but too sweet for me. Sue would love!

I was thinking we had dining reservations for Cagneys or Bayamo tonight - but I was just informed we're at Taste.

Ugh, to nap or not to nap.

Feeling no pain.

Also - in regards to Margaritaville, there were in fact four people seated at the bar when I returned. Maybe it was by chance that it was empty when I stopped by earlier.

In regards to the watermelon drink - it does have a tasty flavor, but too sweet for me. Sue would love!

I was thinking we had dining reservations for Cagneys or Bayamo tonight - but I was just informed we're at Taste.

Ugh, to nap or not to nap.

Feeling no pain.

No nap, just play through!

Funny, on my last cruise I swore I had reservation for Le Bistro one evening. We rushed to get ready to make our reservations only to find out our reservations were for the next night. You have to love day drinking!

23807ef670f3efad245db2426b13e561.jpg

Here are the shirts the girls just brought back. Apparently the "sea hag" shirt was a mistake, as they thought they were buying a "slippery sue" t-shirt for me. Which obviously triggers a funny yet awkward conversation with sue's mom.

We rushed to get ready to make our reservations only to find out our reservations were for the next night. You have to love day drinking!

I appear to be entering those stormy waters...

0288d6b98635d456d1f23dcc3a9400a0.jpg

Ice Cream Bar @ O'Sheehan's.

Hot fudge sundae with chocolate ice cream. $4

Why is there a charge for this? Thought O'Sheehan's is free...the menu you showed us earlier didn't have a price on ice-cream...only for floats/milkshakes...

[/img]

LrgPizza's feedback inspired a research run. Magaritaville is apparently operating at the moment (as in "right now") with two pre-mixed drinks. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But if you want something made to order, maybe it's worth asking what's currently pre-made.

Thanks for the feedback! Maybe this was another change made when they were working on their crowd control changes. I sailed when it was still complimentary, completely overpacked, and the 3 bartenders were going completely crazy trying to keep up with servers' drink orders. I saw them do a few carafes, but nothing like the contraptions you've shown. Good to know. I'll ask for mine freshly made.

Why is there a charge for this? Thought O'Sheehan's is free...the menu you showed us earlier didn't have a price on ice-cream...only for floats/milkshakes...

Sorry - the earlier painkiller led me astray.

The hot fudge sundae was on the back of the menu. O'Sheehans is indeed a complimentary dining venue, but there's also the Ice Cream Bar menu available. It appears many items are included, and some are "premium" up-charges.

The ice cream stuff at O'Sheehan's has always had a charge, even a few years ago. As an alternative, at least on the newer ships, there are several flavors of hand dipped ice cream and also soft serve in the buffet. They also have a selection of sundae toppings, so you can create your own from scratch for no charge. Most of the offerings at O'Sheehan's can actually be recreated on your own at the buffet.

Here we go... quite possibly my favorite part of any cruise! Heading upstairs for a St Thomas sail away!!

I think I've recovered from my earlier intake of sour drink mix. Time to get things proper. Heading out the door...

Granted, maybe not a fair comparison, but have I mentioned how impressive the apparent routine maintenance is on the Escape? They were refinishing the wood columns around the Waterfront yesterday.

This is one of the positive changes that the new management has brought to NCL. Compared to Sheehan and his team, FDR is much more willing to put money into maintaining and upgrading the fleet. Whether or not this will lead to long term rewards remains to be seen (NCL did pretty well financially with Sheehan's penny pinching), but it's certainly nice for passengers and crew.

Sorry - the earlier painkiller led me astray.

The hot fudge sundae was on the back of the menu. O'Sheehans is indeed a complimentary dining venue, but there's also the Ice Cream Bar menu available. It appears many items are included, and some are "premium" up-charges.

That makes sense, thanks!

The ice cream stuff at O'Sheehan's has always had a charge, even a few years ago. As an alternative, at least on the newer ships, there are several flavors of hand dipped ice cream and also soft serve in the buffet. They also have a selection of sundae toppings, so you can create your own from scratch for no charge. Most of the offerings at O'Sheehan's can actually be recreated on your own at the buffet.

Never knew they have an ice-cream menu at O'Sheehan's. Will have to try it next time on the Escape...

Yes, I love the ice cream in the buffet...:D