Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

fb09ee6bdff682a9feb64f4c18802f2b.jpg

Granted, maybe not a fair comparison, but have I mentioned how impressive the apparent routine maintenance is on the Escape? They were refinishing the wood columns around the Waterfront yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

af9883dd9bf21ed23af112ef0c5e3d55.jpg

Starting to miss my Rochester winter.

Your Rochester winter is probably similar to my Buffalo winter today and it is 45 and sunny today! Looks beautiful there. Can't wait for next Tuesday!

Is your cabin a quad with a pullman from the ceiling?

Yes. I believe that's why the bed is by the balcony (our preferred setup). We had booked both kids in sue's parents room using the kids sail free promo, then switched one to our room once aboard. In other words... we're only using the third bed (couch).

cbb88a1158f5d965b79b4ae1044d1952.jpg

2:40pm - a wonderful encounter with the bar staff in the Garden Cafe. All smiles - having fun with their guests. One Painkiller (drink of the day) and a Blue Hawaiian.

I was asked how strong I wanted my painkiller. I said that I was in fact, in a lot of pain - to which she smiled and went to work. Now, I'm no lightweight. But this is, without a doubt, a 4+ shot drink.

5565ecbe94dce4f7d3b93f270238e427.jpg

See? I think I'm drinking an upcoming nap.

5d3faa8bca571db9e5f309f843254134.jpg

3:31pm... walk up to Chill Bar at Margaritaville.

Uptown Top Shelf Margarita. Uh, plastic cup, no salt, premixed? Pass. Too much good on this ship to mess with this. Will drink fast and move on.

3:31pm... walk up to Chill Bar at Margaritaville.

Uptown Top Shelf Margarita. Uh, plastic cup, no salt, premixed? Pass. Too much good on this ship to mess with this. Will drink fast and move on.

If you'd been there 15 minutes earlier, you might have seen the pre-mixing taking place. Generally they make each one fresh. When they start getting swamped, then they will make several at once in a carafe or other, and will pour from there. Otherwise, people pitch fits that they can't get drinks fast enough. I spent many hours sitting at that bar on my cruise and watched this happen. They can't win!

Uh, why's my phone now say 2:29pm?? Folks, don't trust your phones when dealing with an all aboard time. I'll be on the lookout for pier runners later.

a63650ad2bae0d0f8b7f26f3519579aa.jpg

Sue and her mom went ashore to shop (I hope I didn't just jinx them). Taking sue's daughter to O'Sheehans because she wanted a sundae.

If you'd been there 15 minutes earlier, you might have seen the pre-mixing taking place. Generally they make each one fresh. When they start getting swamped, then they will make several at once in a carafe or other, and will pour from there. Otherwise, people pitch fits that they can't get drinks fast enough. I spent many hours sitting at that bar on my cruise and watched this happen. They can't win!

I can appreciate that. But when the place is a ghost town, without a guest to be found and two bartenders standing idly, I don't think it's unfair for me to point out that the prep was a step below what I encountered at the Garden Cafe a few minutes prior. I'm just observing and sharing.

fb09ee6bdff682a9feb64f4c18802f2b.jpg

Granted, maybe not a fair comparison, but have I mentioned how impressive the apparent routine maintenance is on the Escape? They were refinishing the wood columns around the Waterfront yesterday.

That's what Carnival calls an obstructed ocean view cabin.:D

TheDougOut, I might add you've got a great review.

Edited by A&L_Ont