St Maarten - Beaches

The_0neuk

Maho beach. If you like to watch the plane land and take off. However the beach got partial destroyed. There is a resort one side allowing other to used the space to hang out. There is that popular bar with surfboard that tell you what planes is landing and taking off. IT EPIC and can't get anywhere else

The Holland House Beach Resort take the water taxi over $20.00 for two people a bucket of 5 drinks 2 chairs and umbrella and not as crowded as the other beaches check out their web site and beach cam.

Gary

There's a nice beach if you take the ferry into town from port. It's a very small fee for an all day ferry pass. I think $8 when I was there. Lots of shopping too. It was convenient to get back to the ship for lunch with the short ferry ride. Laying on the beach with planes flying over didn't appeal to me.

There are other beaches but this stop was my last day of a port intensive cruise, and I didn't have the energy to venture any further.

The Holland House Beach Resort take the water taxi over $20.00 for two people a bucket of 5 drinks 2 chairs and umbrella and not as crowded as the other beaches check out their web site and beach cam.

Gary

Like the sound of that

So do you basically jump on water taxi straight form the port?

Then just walk into hotel or something and say you'd like to stay on the beach??

Thanks for your help :D

Like the sound of that

So do you basically jump on water taxi straight form the port?

Then just walk into hotel or something and say you'd like to stay on the beach??

Thanks for your help :D

Correct, the water taxi is near the ship, and it drops you right next to the beach.

Maho beach. If you like to watch the plane land and take off. However the beach got partial destroyed. There is a resort one side allowing other to used the space to hang out. There is that popular bar with surfboard that tell you what planes is landing and taking off. IT EPIC and can't get anywhere else

Maho is a bad recommendation if what someone really wants is a NICE BEACH........:rolleyes: Not to mention the long taxi rides each way. Great to look at airplanes, but a terrible recommendation to someone who wants a nice beach.

Edited by bouhunter

There is a nice beach near Maho. Mullet? Mullen? I don't remember exact name.

I believe that there is a bus to Maho beach. $2 one way.

We have taken that bus many times, and the price was still $2pp last September.:)

Mullett is near Maho just past the golf course. Very nice beach, but no facilities except a porta john that the locals charge you to use. However, there are two lolo's with excellent food and beer. If you go anywhere toward the airport, be aware that traffic can be VERY bad so leave at least a couple of hours for your return trip. Orient is a safer bet in terms of traffic.

Edited by RZ3

As much as we love spending time at Maho, Orient Beach is our choice for a great beach day. If we want to do both Maho and Orient, then we'll book with Bernard's tours, which will also gives you time in Marigot.

Pretty much this. Go to Maho for the planes. Go to Orient for the beach itself. One thing to note is that after storms, Orient will sometimes get trashed with washed-up sargassum, but it's definitely a better beach in terms of ability to do things like swimming, laying out, and things like that.

I like the sound of the Holland Beach House -

Orient Beach also sounds good but which beach / area would be away from the clothing option beach

The kids also want to rent jet skis are they available at Holland House?

if not we saw one at the Sonesta Beach Club, any input on this location

Thank you and OP thanks for asking the question

When we went to St.Martin, on Liberty of the Seas, we went to Pinel Island, a tiny island on the north end of St. Martin, we worked with a taxi driver and he dropped us off on the French side, and made arrangements with him to pick us up at 3pm. Pinel island is 5 minutes off the shores of French Cul de Sac The end of the road at French Cul de Sac opens onto a wide sandy area where visitors find "the ferry station", a dock, parking and a shack that rents out Kayaks. small ferry boats are waiting there to run you over to Pinel for a fee of $7-8 dollars. We enjoyed snorkeling swimming and relaxing on the beach, well worth the trip to the other side where hardly any cruise passengers go,

I believe that there is a bus to Maho beach. $2 one way.

We have taken that bus many times, and the price was still $2pp last September.:)

Still $2pp for the local buses in early January 2016 when I was in SXM :) (Though I went to Marigot by bus, not Maho Beach)

On the 9th feb I will be on st marten onboard grandeur of the seas

Can people recommend the best beach etc to go to once off the ship please?

Thanks

Love St. Martin.

We just walk to the taxi stand, grab a cab, and head to Orient.

You have probably over twenty bar restaurants on the beach, and you can get fantastic lounge chairs, umbrellas, and service. Beers were about $3.

We have done Orange Fever and Kakao, both were great. Food was really good.

I suggest you do some research, as you can visit the web sites, see pix, menus, etc.

These are from Kakao

_DSC0331_zps1b0ee782.jpg

_DSC0340_zps7c41fa4b.jpg

_DSC0360_zps89e2be6e.jpg

The beach is pretty large, so I suggest that you know where you want to go so the cab drops you off at your specific bar/restaurant.

Kakao Beach Club on Orient Beach, very good food and ice cold drinks delivered right to your beach chair. :) Shared cab is 7.00 p/p ea way, 2 chairs with umbrella 20.00. There is a French village behind the club for shopping and French pastry.

kakao beach club on orient beach, very good food and ice cold drinks delivered right to your beach chair. :) shared cab is 7.00 p/p ea way, 2 chairs with umbrella 20.00. There is a french village behind the club for shopping and french pastry.

sold :D

Edited by The_0neuk

Wow, these are very low prices. As far as I remember drinks and soda are very expensive at Orient as well as food. I remember paying for hamburger and fries $20, and for can if Coke $4 or $5

I like the sound of the Holland Beach House -

Orient Beach also sounds good but which beach / area would be away from the clothing option beach

The kids also want to rent jet skis are they available at Holland House?

if not we saw one at the Sonesta Beach Club, any input on this location

Thank you and OP thanks for asking the question

There are on going pollution. Issues at Great Bay beach which these resorts are on.

Little Bay is a short $5 pp each way taxi ride that takes about 10 minutes and it has a water sports booth that rents jet skis and paddle boards ect. Just ask to be taken to Divi resort. Chair rentals and food and washrooms are available. It's on the Dutch side and at a resort so even toplessness would be rare.