Happy Chinese New Year - Mon 8th Feb 2016

Should be good time, what being the Year of the Monkey.

sounds like you may be a monkey.:cool:

Monkey personality traits

Charming, charismatic and extremely inventive, Monkey people are most noted for their intelligence and clever genius in working out difficult problems for themselves and others.

Cheerful and energetic by nature, they attract many friends with their magnetic personality and innate tact and diplomacy which may dissolve into condescension at times. They are impatient when it comes to getting their way, but their anger cools quickly.

Extremely curious and thirsty for knowledge, Monkeys are never happier than when absorbing facts and information and, possessed of a near photographic memory, usually retain all they have learned.

Their inventiveness in tackling thorny problems -- with the greatest of ease -- usually earns them well-deserved admiration and appreciation from business associates, friends and loved ones.

Loyal and devoted to friends, Monkeys are ardent and passionate in romance, but they may quickly lose interest in the object of their affection and seek out another. This general fickleness is also seen in their abandonment of projects if not allowed to immerse themselves in them immediately, and in their eating habits they usually prefer a quick snack during the day rather than sitting down to a full meal.

With their considerable talent and extraordinary originality, Monkeys may enjoy luck and in whatever career they choose, but usually excel as troubleshooters, scientists, researchers or inventors.

sounds like you may be a monkey.:cool:

Monkey personality traits

Charming, charismatic and extremely inventive, Monkey people are most noted for their intelligence and clever genius in working out difficult problems for themselves and others.

Cheerful and energetic by nature, they attract many friends with their magnetic personality and innate tact and diplomacy which may dissolve into condescension at times. They are impatient when it comes to getting their way, but their anger cools quickly.

Extremely curious and thirsty for knowledge, Monkeys are never happier than when absorbing facts and information and, possessed of a near photographic memory, usually retain all they have learned.

Their inventiveness in tackling thorny problems -- with the greatest of ease -- usually earns them well-deserved admiration and appreciation from business associates, friends and loved ones.

Loyal and devoted to friends, Monkeys are ardent and passionate in romance, but they may quickly lose interest in the object of their affection and seek out another. This general fickleness is also seen in their abandonment of projects if not allowed to immerse themselves in them immediately, and in their eating habits they usually prefer a quick snack during the day rather than sitting down to a full meal.

With their considerable talent and extraordinary originality, Monkeys may enjoy luck and in whatever career they choose, but usually excel as troubleshooters, scientists, researchers or inventors.

Almost sounds like a compliment.

I know me Nieces and Nephew reckon I'm a monkey.

But actually I think I'm a Pig. (before anyone else says it mmmmmmmm)

Happy Chinese New Year, don't mind a bit of Cullied Monkey and Flied Lie, with clown rarger.

My favourite chinese down here, Raymonds @Malua Bay Bowling Club is closed Mondays, did not even open for their New Year !!

Happy Chinese New Year, don't mind a bit of Cullied Monkey and Flied Lie, with clown rarger.

My favourite chinese down here, Raymonds @Malua Bay Bowling Club is closed Mondays, did not even open for their New Year !!

Must be a proper Aussie then.:cool:

Must be a proper Aussie then.:cool:

Next time you are on the Canberra Costa Brava, you should try them out Mic, best chinese food on the south coast, Raymonds is operated by Raymond and Suzie, HK Chinese, lubbly jubbly. They should throw Curtis Stone off Princess and put Raymonds on.

When I lived in Sydney used to love going down to China Town at ye olde Hay Market, for the Lion Dance, Crackers and muchas fried rice.

Edited by NSWP

Next time you are on the Canberra Costa Brava, you should try them out Mic, best chinese food on the south coast, Raymonds is operated by Raymond and Suzie, HK Chinese, lubbly jubbly. They should throw Curtis Stone off Princess and put Raymonds on.

When I lived in Sydney used to love going down to China Town at ye olde Hay Market, for the Lion Dance, Crackers and muchas fried rice.

Yes, they are very cool celebrations.:D

Just off Mariner of the Seas and a few days in Singapore. Chinese NY was huge. There were over 800 Chinese and 500+ Singaporeans on the ship (Australians made up over 300). Beautiful displays around the ship.

Singapore was awash with monkeys!

Did they serve the special cny salad as you were in Singapore? It is a dish i believe is unique to Singapore for this celebration.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

I'd love that, a decent Chinese feed on a cruise.

Just off Mariner of the Seas and a few days in Singapore. Chinese NY was huge. There were over 800 Chinese and 500+ Singaporeans on the ship (Australians made up over 300). Beautiful displays around the ship.

Singapore was awash with monkeys!

Would have been fantastic.:D

Did they serve the special cny salad as you were in Singapore? It is a dish i believe is unique to Singapore for this celebration.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

I didn't see it in Singapore but then was not really looking. We only had a couple of nights at the end. As we were tired (and I had picked up kennel cough) we did not go out for dinner and snacked at the club lounge at the hotel. We ate at food courts at lunch. Having been to SIN many times, we went down to Chinatown for the buzz but the weather was a rather unsettled (even more so than usual).

On board there were quite a few Asian dishes and curry with accompaniments, roti and papadams each night in the MDR. The quality of the food in the MDR was very good IMO, better than some other lines. There was even a pretty good laksa for lunch one day. Windjammer looked fairly average, though we only ventured in there once (embarkation day). I thought Chops had gone down a bit; the dishes were OK but the vegetables were very bland and the truffle chips looked like ordinary shoestring fries! There was a fair bit of effort at upselling wine and water as well.

Anyway, to answer your question, no we didn't see the special salad but there were lots of special menus around for CNY.

Do you mean Yee Sang / Lo Hei / Prosperity Toss Salad which is tossed using chopsticks by all diners for good luck?

It's not unique to Singapore although it is believed to have been created there.

I had it in a Sydney Malaysian restaurant some years ago, and Sydney celebrity chef Adam Liaw featured it in a facebook post on Monday.