Drink punch cards?

notgramps

I have read about a 10 drink punch card that are sold on RCL, usually around the second day. I don't feel that the drink packages would be a good deal for us, but this sounds interesting. Does anyone know about these? Are they offered on Oasis 7 night cruises?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

not the second day, usually the 3rd or 4th day for the remainder of the cruise. they are not offered on all ships or even all itineraries.

I wish it is a new change in Liberty... i even mentioned to customer service, normally 10 drink punch cards are available on 4th or 5th day of cruise, she put my phone call on brief hold, then confirmed it will be available on the 1st day... hope that will be correct...

I request cruisers boarding on 7-Aug-16 or 14-Aug-16 to check on this and post on this forum please..... we are sailing on 28-Aug-16....

I read on Yorkvillain's recent cruise review (IIRC) that he asked at the bar and after the bartender asked his manager, they sold him one. But not advertised. Worth asking...

Hope it is right... That's what..when I checked with customer service today on availability of drink punch cards on the day of boarding or is there an option of buying today via phone or online.. I was told to get it from any bar on the day of boarding.. As you said it's not advertised !!!!

I read on Yorkvillain's recent cruise review (IIRC) that he asked at the bar and after the bartender asked his manager, they sold him one. But not advertised. Worth asking...

can you please send me a link to Yorkvillan's recent review.... thanks...

I wish it is a new change in Liberty... i even mentioned to customer service, normally 10 drink punch cards are available on 4th or 5th day of cruise, she put my phone call on brief hold, then confirmed it will be available on the 1st day... hope that will be correct...

I request cruisers boarding on 7-Aug-16 or 14-Aug-16 to check on this and post on this forum please..... we are sailing on 28-Aug-16....

The CSR misunderstood. She was talking about the drink packages, not a punch card. No doubt in my mind.

He was on the Grandeur. I wouldn't count on this happening on other ships.

:)

The CSR misunderstood. She was talking about the drink packages, not a punch card. No doubt in my mind.

He was on the Grandeur. I wouldn't count on this happening on other ships.

:)

As with everything else, the only consistent thing is inconsistency. Recently on Allure we had a waiter in the theater argue with us that the punch cards could not be shared and another waiter didn't punch our card at all but the receipt he brought back definitely read 0 charge and it showed up on our final bill correctly. I actually think we could have got 2 extra drinks on the card but since we were tracking them too we knew when we had our 10 drinks and didn't try it but if we hadn't been keeping track on our own it would have been easy to "cheat" without realizing it.

I would have liked to have tried buying the drink card earlier in the trip. It would have helped us more since only my husband was drinking the expensive mixed drinks.

I love the drink cards. We always get them if offered. I would love a 20 drink card offered right from Day 1 that could be shared. We just don't drink enough for a package but enjoy a drink by the pool and a nightcap. With a card we drink a little more while at $10 a drink plus tip we just won't buy many.

They would still make money and some might use a punch for juice or bottled water and then they'd really make money.

Edited by cruiselvr04

I would love if this were available from day 1

For sure!! It would be perfect for us to each purchase one for a 7-day cruise; no way does the Beverage Package make sense giving our moderate consumption. Does anyone know why they wouldn't be sold until so late in an itinerary? Is RCCL hoping people won't have time to redeem the full value? I don't understand...:confused:

Edited by ronandannette

• 3 weeks later...
If offered.... does anyone know if they cover frozen drinks?

I read the grandeur review previously mentioned and those frozen drinks look way too delicious to pass up lol

I cannot say specifically for Grandeur, but for Vision the card covered everything that the Premium package covered.

For sure!! It would be perfect for us to each purchase one for a 7-day cruise; no way does the Beverage Package make sense giving our moderate consumption. Does anyone know why they wouldn't be sold until so late in an itinerary? Is RCCL hoping people won't have time to redeem the full value? I don't understand...:confused:

They want people to buy the packages. The punch card can be shared so it's great for those of us that don't drink too much.

If offered.... does anyone know if they cover frozen drinks?

I read the grandeur review previously mentioned and those frozen drinks look way too delicious to pass up lol

Yes, it is good for frozen drinks. That's why I get it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are these advertized or do you have to ask the bar tender? Has anyone seen them on Freedom lately?

Sometimes they are advertised at the bar and/or in the Compass. Sometimes not. Just ask a bar tender.

• 7 months later...

Last year they offered them on LOS maybe day 5... I can see it being better for RCCL to offer them later rather than earlier, so people feel compelled to buy a package. This catches the people who won't do a package, but will spend money on a punch card and spend more than they would have otherwise.

We loved it, but it paid off the most when ordering higher end frozen drinks or cocktails, not well drinks. I don't think they are offered regularly though...we skipped a day in port and people we're snatching up packages to have some extra drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums