Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

My appetizer: Four Mushroom Soup. It tastes just like Royal's Forest Mushroom Soup. Delicious.

4ffd67d75a70d9331c1ddc8b4d1e9cf3.jpg

Entree: wait for the big reveal:

3b6b8f0531278589c3b631965fdd677d.jpg

SCALLOPS!

cf3c1815b4677ca68f6af5ac340266f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Yorkvillain

By the way.....I've discovered how to make "decent" in-room coffee for us non-suite dwellers that don't have the fancy coffee makers in our cabin.

Take one of the regular coffee pods, and one of the decaf coffee pods and stack them together in the machine and ....Voila!! Drinkable coffee in your cabin!!

Doing my morning check to see what Del Rio was up to last night. Yes, I'm hooked on this review! I've now added bushwacker to the list of must try drinks on the Escape. May have to stop at Le Bistro for the chocolate fondue. Okay, and the soup, scallops and beef tenderloin. Thanks for letting us tag along on your vacation!

By the way.....I've discovered how to make "decent" in-room coffee for us non-suite dwellers that don't have the fancy coffee makers in our cabin.

Take one of the regular coffee pods, and one of the decaf coffee pods and stack them together in the machine and ....Voila!! Drinkable coffee in your cabin!!

Nice find! Neither of us are coffee drinkers however. No soda for me either. I usually just drink water day and night. However today I'm adding a little Vitamin C to my water.

28a0bf97f08e7553a169746b72f2f8bf.jpg

Yorkvillan, enjoying your adventures with Del Rio the Rat!

If you want great food then get along to Food Republic! We were on the maiden cruise from Hamburg and we loved this ship, didn't want to get off!

Thanks for reminding me about Bushwhackers!Mmmmm!

Hi Gambee!

Which sailing will you be on in May? I'll be on board on April 30 - first week of May.

I will be on May 7 when you get off. I almost booked your sailing, but there was a significant price difference at the time.

I suspect that was Juan in the Brew House last night. What's the scheduled closing time at Brew House and 5 o'clock, and is it different today/yesterday than Saturday? I'm curious if the noise complaints & closing adjustments is the norm.

Be smart and stay hydrated today - drink plenty of Coronas. :)

I suspect that was Juan in the Brew House last night. What's the scheduled closing time at Brew House and 5 o'clock, and is it different today/yesterday than Saturday? I'm curious if the noise complaints & closing adjustments is the norm.

Be smart and stay hydrated today - drink plenty of Coronas. :)

I think you are right. I think was Juan. Beau will be there tonight.

The schedule says both places close at 1am. I think we left last night around midnight.

I think I love you guys already! Just watched the first Scope. Looked fun. Would you like to join our Roll Call and cruise on Epic? It's kinda slow!

Thanks.

I would love to try the Epic one day. I wish the Escape had the ice bar like on the Epic and -away ships. I always wanted to try that.

This is a delightful review! Looking forward to more!

One question (I probably missed it) what type of stateroom are you in? I think I saw a balcony + rat, but I wasn't sure if it was just a balcony stateroom or you got the minisuite + rat upgrade.