Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

Doug, when you were on the Escape a few weeks ago, were the waitresses in the Brewhouse - uh how do we say this, umm, easy on the eyes?

There was one night when Beau would abruptly break into a love ballad anytime one particular waitress was within his view. He was relentless - and it was extremely funny.

It's such a great venue - everyone working there joins in the fun.

c1eee8e1eb1bbe47145e61426249c1d3.jpg

I have no idea on the beer tastings. I don't think I'll ever be able to cruise again without the UBP, so I just view the entire ship as one giant beer tasting event.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There was one night when Beau would abruptly break into a love ballad anytime one particular waitress was within his view. He was relentless - and it was extremely funny.

c1eee8e1eb1bbe47145e61426249c1d3.jpg

Ha. Yes. That girl in the photo is one of the two I was referring to.

Thanks. I guess nobody liked "The Cosby Cocktail" team name.

I laughed.

Was the time on the ferry ride to St John and back worth the day there? We have considered it and might do it in November. The beaches looked amazing.

The new Carnival ship, not so much. Did you catch its name, our should we name it in your honour. "#Trainwreck" or "Sir Osis of the River" or lastly "My Assis Dragon", in honour of how you felt day 2.

FYI, Lisa said she would gladly stay in boring town with Courtney and we could do the "exciting" stuff. I think she actually said nerdy, under her breath, but I don't want her to be a Debbie Downer.

I'm looking forward to more good stuff but I've given up on the periscopes. It appears that the the Vikings you are sailing with would rather not have live streaming of their cruisers' antics.

What an epic review. I was planning on reading a few pages, going to bed, and picking up tomorrow... NOPE, just read all 20 pages :D

Keep up the good work, sir!

Dave, glad to see you made it. Besides a being a great writer, Yorkvillian is also a card holding member of the Peter Luger fan club. A cruiser geek and a carnivore. Could it get better?

What an epic review. I was planning on reading a few pages, going to bed, and picking up tomorrow... NOPE, just read all 20 pages :D

Keep up the good work, sir!

You are a hoot...I just came back to see if you were drunk again... :cool:

Great review! Glad to see you enjoying the NCL life :)

Thanks! We are definitely enjoying the NCL life.

Was the time on the ferry ride to St John and back worth the day there? We have considered it and might do it in November. The beaches looked amazing.

I would say yes as long as the ship is docked at St. Thomas for a full day like 8-6. The beach was beautiful with no rocks and no shells. There was decent snorkeling there too although I only did it for a few minutes.

I think the better move though would have been to book it thru NCL instead of doing it on our own. That way you are only taking the ferry once each way and not taking a taxi twice each way (along with the ferry each way).

NCL's ferry picks you right up at the end of the pier where the Escape docks. If you do it on your own you have to take a taxi to Red Hook and then take the ferry to Cruz Bay on St. John. From there you take a taxi to Trunk Bay Beach.

I'm not sure if it is easy to get to Trunk Bay from where the NCL ferry docks though.

Cinnamon Bay Beach is supposedly very nice as well.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Sober for 2 days? Come on, WWDD?!

Ha. I was waiting for a post like this.

I don't think I would get the UBP again. Contrary to popular belief, I actually don't drink that much (Doug is shaking his head in disgust right now).

If I could do it over, I would have selected the Ultimate Dining Package instead.

I'm 46 now. The only time I ever drink now is on a cruise or on Sundays during the NFL season. 20 years ago a 26-year-old Yorkvillain would have put NCL out of business with the UBP.

Edited by Yorkvillain