All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie , Happy Birthday ! I am glad you had a nice birthday . I like longer shorts so I buy the Chico's stretch shorts . They are knee length . I used to change my clothes from summer to winter but living in Florida it is a waste since winter is so short .

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, Laurie! Yesterday was also our son’s birthday. He and his wife drove up to Itasca State Park where the Mississippi begins. There one can walk across the river because it is no more than 2 feet deep at that point. They took their bikes and did a long bike ride while there. I guess this is the year for outdoor celebrations! This morning we all got together for a Zoom brunch so a nice birthday weekend for him. Sounds like yours was also a nice one.

Sharon

• Like 1

Laurie!  Happy bday! 💐🎉 Way to bury the lede!  That sounds like a perfect bday celebration to me!

I only get a gel manicure when we cruise (those weren’t artificial nails). I’ve never had gel last that long either (& still look good). I had it done on February 15 & removed on May 15, my nails were ridiculously long. I think I got my $30 worth!  Melody

• Like 1

Here’s our daughter’s finished kitchen & greatroom. From a tiny outdated no counters kitchen to this. She’s very happy (& thrilled with the quartz counters.still has some touches to do but basically finished. I can’t wait to see it Melody

2CC63363-0237-4C28-9856-2AE8FE9AFD5E.jpeg

0D579DCC-6FCD-41F5-936C-6E70A1BD413E.jpeg

0BB2E6D7-F5A4-4D69-AFF0-1E6585DF200D.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

They did a great job and it didn’t take long. I see they have a wine frig-nice! I’m sure they will really like their quartz counter tops-I love mine-so easy to maintain.

52 bottle wine chiller. We gave her their first bottle, one of their favorites a Sergazio (sp) Zinfandel. I just realized that the counters weren’t on the by the stove & fridge. At least this lockdown gave them plenty to do (while she worked from home). Melody 

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

52 bottle wine chiller. We gave her their first bottle, one of their favorites a Sergazio (sp) Zinfandel. I just realized that the counters weren’t on the by the stove & fridge. At least this lockdown gave them plenty to do (while she worked from home). Melody 

52 bottle capacity-looks like there will be lots of toasting to look forward to at their house! 

• Like 1

For whatever reason, I have suddenly stopped getting notifications for this thread.  It happened once before.  Isn't that odd?

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Melody, my gel nails will get me two weeks, but at that point, they are starting to separate at the bottom where they are growing out at the cuticle.  They get caught on things so I make sure I remove them for safety purposes.  I've never had them remove professionally, but down the road, I think I might.  They really mess up my nails rather badly.  I was thinking that with the way yours grew, you didn't have to worry about that!  

My nails are pretty long right now.  It doesn't last, and if I work in the garden this weekend, that will be the end of them.  Even with gloves, I will break them.  They tend to get brittle.

Has anyone here had hives without the hives?  Lol.  I have been incredibly itchy for two full days.  In some areas, I even broken some skin.  When looking close up, my husband says he can see some slight irritation, but not a rash.  I've had hives before, and this is the way it feels but there is really nothing to see.  What is funny is that when I've had them before, they were always gone in a day.  It's been two full days of being unbearably itchy. 

I got to thinking that I get hives from one of two things: a fever, or eating seafood/fish.  I wouldn't say I'm allergic to it.  I eat salmon every week and get fish or seafood when I eat out all the time.  about once every other year though, I will get hives from it.  Since it is the only thing that I ate each time, I figure that must be it because I had salmon on Tuesday, and I don't have a fever.  

I'd take Benadryl, but it makes me sooooo sleepy.  If I take the no drowsiness formula, it gives me heart palpitations so I'm hopeful this is gone tomorrow because it won't be fun over the weekend. 

I just had an idea...I can check Walgreens and see if they still make the Aveeno bath with oatmeal.  That may help. 

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

And I thought getting a new toilet was a big purchase LOL............this is simply beauitful.

Thanks, she & her husband made good use of the stay in place. She’s a school teacher & is teaching from home on line. She likes the DIY

Yesterday for a Zoom call I put on my new birthday top from my sister. Added my favorite lip balm and some small red studs and was ready to go! It's a very warm, golden ivory color and I love the red flowers. We're zooming with city friends tonight and I might wear it again!

luckyred.thumb.jpg.39eeb51aef92e4f0daf5eaa6521fa561.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MJC said:

Yesterday for a Zoom call I put on my new birthday top from my sister. Added my favorite lip balm and some small red studs and was ready to go! It's a very warm, golden ivory color and I love the red flowers. We're zooming with city friends tonight and I might wear it again!

luckyred.thumb.jpg.39eeb51aef92e4f0daf5eaa6521fa561.jpg

Very cute top😃

Cute top Margaret, it looks just like you!  

We’re having our much delayed corned beef & cabbage dinner on Sunday with our daughter, son-in-law & his Mom. I’ve added all the leaves to our Dining table & a couple of TV trays. This will work. Corby’s Mom is almost as happy about it as I am. We’ll socially distance but will eat in the same room (almost). I’m looking forward to this so much. 

• Like 1

Laurie, I got to thinking & your hives, no hives might be from the poison ivy. You might want to call your doc to make sure you don’t go into shingles

Laurie..I hope you can get the itches sorted. That's a big achievement to maintain your weight loss for 3 years! A big congrats on that. It's crazy...but I didn't realize that much time has passed. I always think of you with red so not surprised at all that your wardrobe is red heavy in places. I do think that it is easier to distinguish the character of red when you have a bunch of them together though. You are red. Margaret is blue/teal. I'm green. Melody is anything bright. LOL. 

I sort my clothing by colors too after sorting by style first. 

I have a really hard time with shorts. I know it's a function of the weight distribution on my body, so especially now...I have trouble with shorts, but even before. I think I look best with a slimmer almost tapered just above the knee or a looser but fairly short short. That mid thigh length is no good...it cuts my body into a weird proportion. I have two pairs of shorts. One pair is good...the other is exactly what you said. They are khaki and they fit and they were on clearance...

Happy belated Birthday...I haven't posted in a while. Sounds like you had a great birthday. One to not forget for sure.

Melody...your daughters kitchen looks very on trend. They definitely made good use of the stay at home order. Every time I drove past a Lowe's/Home Depot the parking lots were always full. I think that was definitely something many were doing. I put in quartz in our Houston house, I loved it.

M...love that top! It's so you! And very spring/summer like!

We broke our restaurant dining "fast" yesterday. Headed out to our fave waterfront dining place in PC. The weather was quite warm. We ate outside on the waterfront deck. The tables are all spaced out. Most items are single use (menus, condiments). The restaurant trafficked so that it is one way in and a different way out. The servers in masks and wearing gloves. For real...it wasn't that different from every other time we have been there.

I wore my most comfy sundress...I also had worn it on our February cruise.

IMG-22-B91-DB81-FEE-1.jpg

It's a good style for me. I'm thinking about trying to make a pattern out of this dress. It is sleeveless, has false henley-similar buttons down the front with pleating across the front and the upper back and a really nice A-line effect where the pleating is released under the bust. I appreciate this dress so much because it fits so well under the arm pit too. 

It's hard to see the purple in my hair...it's in the fading out phase. Going through a kind of red/violet pink like color and a bit silvery. If you stare, you can see it in the braids.

Still debating what to do with my hair...lately I've been playing more and more with braids. I find that I'm needing to do more maintenance with this long hair. Things like sleeping in braids, etc to keep it from getting so tangled...or caught under my armpit in my sleep. Nothing like being woken up by yourself because your hair get caught by your own body and your movement forces your head back. LOL.

I would love to eat out!!!!!!  My issue is,   I am a "eat at the bar" person and restaurants are not serving food at the

bar yet. That won't come until the next phase of things (or the next 2 phases). They are not serving

food at the bar around here I should say.