Bottled water

golfer1903

Don't have it in front of me so I may be a little off on the cost but when I go to my ncl booking under the bottles watter s3ction. To buy an 18 pack of water is 58 dollars???? Is this an error or is ncl really that crazy. And has anyone actually paid this for water??

Even carnivals water is high but for the no hassle it's alot more reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In as much as the water from the faucet is treated and filtered, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to avoid the potentially carcenagenic effects of a nasty plastic container? Why not use frozen tap water formed into cubes with melting solid to liquid and an antibacterial supplement in the form of etol? The ship will have numerous stations conveniently located in public areas to help protect your health.

The OP did not ask for a lesson in water 101 or if the ship's water is fine. Why does everyone who preaches about the ship's water being fine assume that we don't drink the ship's water just because someone is asking about bottled water. :mad:

Some of us like to have bottled water in our cabins.

To the OP: No, we refuse to pay that for water. We always take bottled water on with us. We pay 4 bucks for a case that will last us all week.

Thanks for your reply. Was my feelings also. Yes I will and always have on carnival but when I seen carnival bottles were so compare able now I thought maybe ncl were aslo but when I seen those prices I was just thinking they can not actually ever sell any or its a missprint.

But I'll get a case before I board

No, it's most likely not a misprint - probably indexed to COLA adjustment, maybe NCL starting its ritual of testing pricing changes, like a year ago on select sailings and select ships.

Isn't there a 18% convenience fee also, automatically added as well - as in gratuities :p

On the Breakaway last year, 2 bottles of Aquafina bottle water (1 liter sized, not 100% sure) were placed inside the staterooms for convenience - priced at $6 each, but if pre-purchased before the cruise, it's "discounted" ~ $4.50 per 1 liter bottle was from my poor memory recollection. Don't have the most recent prices since extended family sailed last November.

If those are 16 or 20 oz. bottled water, sound pretty close to the premium surcharge for convenience. Well, at least there is no bottle deposit fees - :D

Heck no, we never buy or pay for them onboard - try these, far more environmental friendly

Don't have it in front of me so I may be a little off on the cost but when I go to my ncl booking under the bottles watter s3ction. To buy an 18 pack of water is 58 dollars???? Is this an error or is ncl really that crazy. And has anyone actually paid this for water??

Even carnivals water is high but for the no hassle it's alot more reasonable.

The water is expensive... But you get what you pay for... I would order a few cases at that price and take em off the ship with you... Imagine the excitement you and your will enjoy every time you crack one of those bottles open! At that price save a few for special occasions ... Milestone birthdays.. Anniversaries ... Baptisms... Graduation gifts... It's like when I buy a dozen titleist pro v golf balls... Every time I hit one in the woods I yell 4 dollars!!!!!

Hope this puts the price in perspective,

-mark

These are large 1 liter bottles. On land they typically go for around $1.50 each. So NCL is charging a 200% markup for the convenience of having them on ship. Part of that is a luxury tax because free water is also available on the ship.

It's expensive no doubt, but not the craziest luxury item on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk