Cancelled Jewel 2017

TOMTOMRN331

Greetings

I just received the oh so friendly "we have cancelled your cruise" letter. We were booked on the Jewel 1/29/17 for a Mexican Riviera cruise.

I am assuming some group either bought out the boat? Or dry dock? Anyone have information? Not too concerned since we have not bought flights etc so easy to move etc.

Just curious

Thank you

We had a cruise on the Sun just cancelled a while ago.

Also for 2017.

(Thank goodness we didn't have air tix already!)

There was some offer of a trivial discount IF we selected from a couple of specific cruises at a time of year we can NEVER travel.

Some deal....!

A small amount of "something" we could actually have used would go a long way in terms of PR.

But that's not NCL's long suit, by any means.

You would think if the entire cruise was cancelled it would be removed from the NCL website. As of 1:00 pm Oregon time cruise is still showing and is bookable.

Will be watching with interest because we are booked on the next cruise, 14 day Panama Canal eastbound.

You would think if the entire cruise was cancelled it would be removed from the NCL website. As of 1:00 pm Oregon time cruise is still showing and is bookable.

Will be watching with interest because we are booked on the next cruise, 14 day Panama Canal eastbound.

I was thinking the same thing - it still shows under my reservations and no warning when signing in ...

My December 11-17 cruise was cancelled too. I just got it rebooked for October which isn't a big deal, but we were looking forward to a Christmas cruise with all the decorations and stuff.

We also booked travel insurance with a separate company. Anyone know if the date change will affect the policy? I do plan to call the insurance company, but I can't right now. Just wondering if anyone had experience changing their travel dates.

Tip for people who still need to rebook: call the phone number listed on the actual PDF letter, not the general 800 number. I got through to an agent a lot faster.

I'm no expert on why cruises get canceled, but wondering if the Panama Canal cruises on the Jewel in February 2017 were a success booking-wise so our week long Mexican Riviera cruises are being re-deployed as such? Just a guess on my part.

I was able to get rebooked on the March 5th sailing (was on the canceled Jan. 15th). Same fare, aft suite on same deck, all 4 promos intact. A stressful hour or two. Best of luck to others affected. Good previous advice to make sure you are speaking to the right department. My TA had to be transferred.

My December 11-17 cruise was cancelled too. I just got it rebooked for October which isn't a big deal, but we were looking forward to a Christmas cruise with all the decorations and stuff.

We also booked travel insurance with a separate company. Anyone know if the date change will affect the policy? I do plan to call the insurance company, but I can't right now. Just wondering if anyone had experience changing their travel dates.

Tip for people who still need to rebook: call the phone number listed on the actual PDF letter, not the general 800 number. I got through to an agent a lot faster.

Our travel insurance (with Travel Insured through TripIInsuranceStore.com) does allow a change of dates for a trip, but we've never changed it by a matter of weeks or months.

It also allows *one* change to an entirely different trip (within some time limits, but don't remember exactly), and we have indeed used that a few times. The full value of the insurance/coverage carried over, with no loss of insurance payments.

But other policies obviously might be different.

WOW NCL seems to be cancelling alot of Mexico cruises lately. Why can't they just keep their published itineraries and stop pissing off alot of their guests. Now I'm wondering if my October cruise is next to be cancelled.

And why in the heck are these cancelled cruises still on the website able to be booked. Geez I don't even think NCL can keep up with their changes and cancellations.

Edited by bonnie&clydecruzers

The exact same thing happened to us THIS year for our Jewel Mexican Riviera cruise which was originally scheduled for 2/14/2016. We got THE LETTER with no idea why...much speculation that the ship was going into dry dock...was being chartered, etc. Come to find out, it was switched over to Panama Canal itineraries, and we had to switch to our current sailing of 3/27/2016 (due to me being a teacher and that was when I could go). Maybe they're doing the same thing again...but if that's the case, I wish NCL would just publish those itineraries in the first place!:rolleyes:

~Joanne

Received the NCL email. We are a large group on the January 29th sailing. My sister's wedding is at our first port- Puerto Vallarta. We have some very upset family and friends. I am happy to report we will never be sailing NCL!!!

We got the emails today too. I wish also that they would not put the schedule out there and then change it, but hey, it happens. I don't know if other cruise lines do the same thing or not, as we have only cruised on one other cruise line. This cruise was a B2B for our 25th anniversary, but fortunately for us, we are able to reschedule. I love cruising NCL, and while I wish this hadn't happened, I'm not going to let it ruin anything for me. Won't be able to get a final on the transfer until tomorrow, so will post my results then. :) Good luck to everyone on any changes that they have to make.

Today I got an email that our Dec 18th (8 day), 2016 cruise on the Jewell is cancelled. Does anyone know what's happening to the Jewell?

We already have airfare, Hotwire Hotels and follow up land travel booked to match up to this cruise.

None of the NCL alternatives are going to work for us.

We may move to another ship, with another cruise line; will I be able to use any of the "change fees" NCL is providing?

Kind of sucks,

Kel

At least NCL has now made the December and January cruises on the Jewel not bookable. The cruises still show on the website but this is the message that shows up when I tried picking various dates and stateroom categories

No category applicable for fare code(s) specified.

I was so irritated earlier today when Jewel sailings for which people received cancellation letters were still available for booking I sent an email to NCL Public Relations ..... couldn't figure out where else to send it. Who knows if all of December and January are really cancelled or if NCL is just stopping booking until the displaced cruisers have a chance to rebook.

I'm sorry for those booked on the cancelled cruises and am really hoping our February 5th Panama Canal cruise is still a go.

Edited by kjquilts

Today I got an email that our Dec 18th (8 day), 2016 cruise on the Jewell is cancelled. Does anyone know what's happening to the Jewell?

We already have airfare, Hotwire Hotels and follow up land travel booked to match up to this cruise.

None of the NCL alternatives are going to work for us.

We may move to another ship, with another cruise line; will I be able to use any of the "change fees" NCL is providing?

Kind of sucks,

Kel

We are also supposed to be on the Dec 18th Jewel, but have not heard anything from NCL. Guess I'll update our signature once we figure out what we're doing! Yet another thing we find out from CC and not NCL!

As usual ncl uk is well behind our friends across the pond . No email yet i`m getting quite used to ncl cancelling cruises underneath me , this is the third time it`s happened . my flights / hotels are all booked so i`m very annoyed . if it wasn`t for cc i would have known anything .

Can anyone tell me if they have offered you any alternative cruises yet

We received the dreaded email from ncl .I phoned the uk office who were next to useless . Can anyone post any info they may have for the jewels new itinerary , we may consider that if it looks any good . If not a week in Cabo it will be .

We received the dreaded email from ncl .I phoned the uk office who were next to useless . Can anyone post any info they may have for the jewels new itinerary , we may consider that if it looks any good . If not a week in Cabo it will be .

Here is a copy of the letter. Hope it helps 0d838cba38e6de6d54d0f1f570e2086b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got the emails today too. I wish also that they would not put the schedule out there and then change it, but hey, it happens. I don't know if other cruise lines do the same thing or not, as we have only cruised on one other cruise line. This cruise was a B2B for our 25th anniversary, but fortunately for us, we are able to reschedule. I love cruising NCL, and while I wish this hadn't happened, I'm not going to let it ruin anything for me. Won't be able to get a final on the transfer until tomorrow, so will post my results then. :) Good luck to everyone on any changes that they have to make.

Luckily we are able to move stuff around fairly easy as well. I wish NCL would not do this, because I see it on CC more then often.

Was able to change to the March 26 sailing. Promotions and cruise fair intact, expect for a $3 increase in tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk