On-line Check-in for Nautica

jcarruthers

We are booked on the Nautica for the Tokyo to Hong Kong sector in March and have been unable to check-in on-line. Oceania have acknowledged that there is an IT problem for bookings on this sector but still won't issue documents. Quite concerning and not to the high standards we have been used to with other cruise lines. Anybody else having the same problem?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes thankfully we do. Hope he will get it sorted. We hope it's not an indicator of further issues though. We normally cruise HAL where things have always run smoothly so this has been a bit of a shock to the system!

We are booked on the Nautica for the Tokyo to Hong Kong sector in March and have been unable to check-in on-line. Oceania have acknowledged that there is an IT problem for bookings on this sector but still won't issue documents. Quite concerning and not to the high standards we have been used to with other cruise lines. Anybody else having the same problem?

Have you gotten your booklet with Luggage tags ?

Did you get the email Final cruise summery?

What are you looking for online?

It is not like HAL where you have to print off your own tags

Edited by LHT28

I do not see a cruise from Tokyo to Hong Kong

There is a cruise from Beijing to Hong Kong leaving March 4th ...is this your sailing??

Are you sure your TA has you booked

Good question. Maybe wrong year?

I do not see a cruise from Tokyo to Hong Kong

There is a cruise from Beijing to Hong Kong leaving March 4th ...is this your sailing??

Are you sure your TA has you booked

We are on the March 4th cruise and OP hasn't been on the roll call (I see he/she only just joined). There is NO cruise from Tokyo to Hong Kong. Our cruise starts in Beijing, stops in Tokyo and ends in Hong Kong. And there is no 2017 cruise as is stated. Arlene

If you use search parameters, Tokyo to Hong Kong, and Nautica, there is an online travel agency in Australia that is offering the 20 day cruise beginning March 4, as two separate segments. Segment 1 leaves March 4 for 10 days, and segment 2 leaves March 14 from Tokyo for 10 days. OP must have bought the second segment only. I would have to imagine this was a special offer to those residents from O.

If you use search parameters, Tokyo to Hong Kong, and Nautica, there is an online travel agency in Australia that is offering the 20 day cruise beginning March 4, as two separate segments. Segment 1 leaves March 4 for 10 days, and segment 2 leaves March 14 from Tokyo for 10 days. OP must have bought the second segment only. I would have to imagine this was a special offer to those residents from O.

Thats correct, Cruseforme. I noticed a couple of months ago that one of our large TA wholesaler/retailer had split the cruise and offered it as two segments - but it still wasn't available on the Australian Oceania website as separate cruises. Maybe just to try and fill the cruise, and thats why the muddle with the cruise documentation.

If the TA can't help, try ringing Oceania direct. They have always been helpful when I have called about anything.

Well that may be the problem

Always helps when people put thier Country in the profile here

different offers for different Countries

Thanks for comments. Yes we have purchased the March 14 segment as Cruseforme suggests, and yes we meant to say accessing the Guest Registration. Oceania have acknowledged when we first registered the My Account that they had an IT problem with this segment last year, and now the same again this year. You would think they would have fixed it! We have had to deal by email with a lady in their Sydney office in order to book special dining etc. hoping our TA will get it sorted but as I say, based on our many cruises with the likes of HAL we are not impressed so far.

You would think a quick call by your TA to the Sydney office they could input your information in your file

Maybe the problem is that it was not originally 2 segments in N.A.

I can only imagine the logistics of cabin assignments :eek:

Hope the cruise goes well

All seems resolved! Apparently we were not the only ones with the problem of accessing the Guest Registration Form for this "segment" cruise. Hope to have documents before we fly out next week. Oceania (Sydney) have apparently be speaking with Miami based IT people for some time. Obviously still a problem. Will need to think twice before booking similar "segment" cruises with Oceania in future.

All seems resolved! Apparently we were not the only ones with the problem of accessing the Guest Registration Form for this "segment" cruise. Hope to have documents before we fly out next week. Oceania (Sydney) have apparently be speaking with Miami based IT people for some time. Obviously still a problem. Will need to think twice before booking similar "segment" cruises with Oceania in future.

Unfortunately, your TA appears to be 100% at fault for your problems. I would not be concerned about booking with Oceania in the future but would definitely not book another cruise through your TA. Firstly, the "Guest Registration Form" is not necessary to be filled out in order to board your cruise. Second, you should have received your cruise documents by now - this is concerning - however, you can board the ship without cruise documents (just your passport will suffice). Last, I wonder if your TA told you to book excursions and dining reservations online - quite a long time in advance of your cruise. If this has not been done, it may be difficult to get the reservations that you want.

My concern is that your TA did not insure that all of the above has been taken care of and that you will blame Oceania rather than your TA.

Edited by Travelcat2

The issue was Travelcat2 that Oceania told our TA that they had not sent our cruise documents because we had not completed the Guest Registration Form. The reason we had not is because of Oceanias IT problem with this cruise segment - ie we could not access anything on- line other than our profile. And Oceania have acknowledged that problem. I learnt this morning that we are not the only ones. Others booked on this segment have had the same problem. Oceanias IT people need to get their act together. We have booked dining by email with Oceanias office because we could not access that part My Account either. Our TA has just received electronic copies of our cruise documents so all should be good. I was not aware you could board without cruise documents? I also learnt that somebody room Oceania should have been in contact with our TA at the time of booking - Nov 2015 to alert him to the problem. That did not happen so he and we were left a little in the dark.

Maybe our TA should have followed up when we alerted him to the problem but at that time Oceania had told us that they expected the IT problem to be fixed. And that did not happen. This could all have been avoided if a) Oceania had fixed its IT issue as it said it would, and b) a little more communication all round.

We are now hoping that our experience with Oceania from here on will be BRILLIANT!