Back from Her Majesty....

Back from her Majesty! Good news the hot tubs are working for now.

0d4d32ff9ad920daf4b0d68f344c7a26.jpg

If you want a Wildberry Lava flow go to Schooner Bar, because no other bar on the ship wants to look for the Wildberry mix and full of excues why they don't have it. I never remember such a big excuse machine and no problem solving. Claiming it is an RCCL issue of not giving them enough.

Anyone else running into this with your favorite drink? Bartenders in Schooner bent over backwards seaching for the mix and I was able to have my drink. This one was made Vanilla ice cream and Wildberry! I should of asked for a lining of chocolate.[emoji3] ebb63a774dafb7394c4889d00764da04.jpg

Thank you guys for your very hard and dedicated service.

I made sure everyday to ask the same bartender at the pool bar any Wildberry mix? No was the answer. Massive excues made. Last evening I asked again, excues, and then I said I am off to the Schooner bar to go get 1! Those bartenders actually solved it all cruise long.

Thank you to Yogi for being a great cabin attendant. Jr suite was great. 1b63737dfdb30118ccff508d5116ddc0.jpg

1st night 5 bars out of the paid for water bottles! Seriously go get more. I need 1 cold for the night. Another Royal Wow moment. Your staff needs to not be making excues and actually get in problem solving mode of sending someone for more.

Pysched that Majesty has freestyle machine! Rut Ro, 2nd day on her Majesty.

1b2e29e5b7071609d63da1e84340a4b9.jpg

f0e8d01bdb48a93c81a18900eaa594e5.jpg

Seriously a chronic problem of not fixed or filled; Seriously if you are not going to maintain them or fill them rip them out. Apparently a new Royal Wow moment!

You want ice in your water or juice in WJ good luck with that. Either no ice, because the makers couldn't keep up or chronically broken. Occasionally a bucket of ice. Rip them out and replace them another Royal Wow moment.

You expect Guest Relations to actually want to help you! Don't make me laugh. They didn't want to be disturbed by having to cash a travelers check. The chick looked like she had never seen 1. Oh this was after my whole am was wasted trying to get through the Key West immigration debacle. Another Royal Wow moment.

Please give Majesty her very needed TLC. Watching the pipe burst in Boleros was a hoot. I believe Majesty has been in dry dock twice in the last 6 months and is apparently headed back in May.

Oh yeah school vacations have started and so has the Norovirus

31dcdf5f9ec30c4e81d69b90106e6af3.jpg

which we had an outbreak and they were trying hard to keep a head of it. Seemed like it worked.

Food in WJ was tolerable at best. When did Royal take on a big ethnic food spread instead of basic food? At least no industrial can of Vegall until the last night.

Speaking of WJ I am sitting down finishing my dinner. I see two officers checking in for the night and seeing how it was all going. I see this guy and chick quickly coming down the stairs ft from officers and she has a pipe in her hand and takes a tok and exhales and leaves a smell in that side of the room, and collectively the room is like what are the officers going to do, and nothing was the answer. They never missed a beat of lecturing the head WJ person. Seriously, there were kids in the WJ.

Well I came, I saw and I did and I now can check Majesty off the bucket list, and no plans 4 Empress. Onto Brilliance and Adventure.

Any questions please ask!

Before you all flame me these are real obersvations of situations that really constantly happened every day. I am going to inform Royal of all of them and more. I find this beyond unacceptable. I am following through on at least the 14 days on Brilliance and go from there. To see if this is isolated or Royal is slipping further down the rabbit hole.

If you offer something have it or get it out of storage in (95, 109 or 9). If it is your inventory or ordering system fix it. If it is broken fix it! If it is chronic replace it. We all pay beyond money to be on these ships. I for 1 pay 200% + each trip, and to me it feels Royal is taking the money and running. Ball, twine and glue does not make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank-you for the report Karen. We plan a cruise on MJ in June, after the dry dock. Hopefully things will be in better shape.

I wish you both a much better cruise. I am glad I tried her. I have now cruised from Nordic Prince to a Freedom class ship minus Voyager class which is Sept.

Thank you both for your incredible knowledge and experience.

The panio guy was great but to loud for my hearing. My hearing is just not back and right from the auto accident in Oct. Oh well. I gave up around 10pm.

Signed sealed delivered was a great show. I didn't catch Bert. Wish I had caught the rock night, but leg was to beat.

Really enjoyed swimming in the pool everyday for a 1/2 to an hour.

Thank-you for the report Karen. We plan a cruise on MJ in June, after the dry dock. Hopefully things will be in better shape.

Oh yeah prepare yourself for no crappy eggs on the room service card. Not sure if this is just a Majesty or fleet wide New Royal Wow issue.

Need to find a tray and possibly cover to prepare for this on Brilliance. I really like having breakfast on my balcony.

I did find a plate cover and the bowl worked well on top for a great bowl of fruit. Need 2 hands so no coffee on trip.

My husband and I are sailing in October for our anniversary. I've read so many bad reviews that I'm starting to change my mind. I've sailed Disney once and Carnival once before. Carnival was horrible and Disney was great. I'm not overly picky but somethings you just want like ice cream which I hear was a big obstacle for some guests and water now? I don't know what to do.

My husband and I are sailing in October for our anniversary. I've read so many bad reviews that I'm starting to change my mind. I've sailed Disney once and Carnival once before. Carnival was horrible and Disney was great. I'm not overly picky but somethings you just want like ice cream which I hear was a big obstacle for some guests and water now? I don't know what to do.

Anna, The bottle water only seemed to be the first night which seemed beyond odd. I might say during the day stop at a bar and grab one. It is the 1 thing they will give at same time you order a drink. Put it in your cold box if you have one in your cabin. I was in Boleros and the bartender was filling the soda cups with ice and water. The ice issue was a constant at WJ; I hope only, but the bars seemed stocked with ice. If you are planning on MDR for most meals you wouldn't of known. They seemed to have most drink stuff and beers. I guess the Wildberry mix is the odd child out. I don't get it due to they run a bar pos system which means it is all tracked for usage for inventory(I would hope) and our personal needs or likes.

To me it seems that the some staff do not want to go the extra mile to get stuff, or they don't have enough staff. Now the schooner crew went beyond to find the Wildberry.

Ice cream they had I believe 2 flavors Choc., Van. of soft serve as you walk onto deck 10 pool bar and they were serving til pretty late.

I am pretty sure ice cream at MDR. Like 3 or 4 flavors is a guess. Now I know that twice I got my drink with nice Vanilla ice cream and Wildberry! Awesome. Ask for a little chocolate lining I bet it is out of this world.

This ship is supposed to go threw a through comprehensive dry dock time in May, for lots of changes and upgrades. Bob and Clarea are going in June, and you can trust there review as gold since they are a very long standing couple on this board that know everything.

The Good: Her Majesty did amazing through some weather out and back. The Schooner staff was awesome. My cabin attendant excellent. Serving staff at WJ pleasant. The shows were good. The pool area was nice and I had the pool to myself 2 days with everyone ashore. I found a nice watch to round out my OBC. I am glad I tried her Majesty, but I doubt I'll go back, and it will be a Vision class or above no Empress in my future.

We used to cruise Majesty religiously, a few times a year dating back to her 7 nighters. Been on the ship over 30 times. Mostly all of the things you experienced, we did, too. We stopped sailing on her. I was so annoyed the last time aboard because of the "excuses" and overall poor service we kept experiencing.

No matter what we wanted- limes, lemons, certain type of champagne, banana daiquiri, lava flow....they told me they had none of it. Bartenders (except Schooner) were rude and unhelpful.

Sad to see the ship like this, so many great memories on her!

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

We used to cruise Majesty religiously, a few times a year dating back to her 7 nighters. Been on the ship over 30 times. Mostly all of the things you experienced, we did, too. We stopped sailing on her. I was so annoyed the last time aboard because of the "excuses" and overall poor service we kept experiencing.

No matter what we wanted- limes, lemons, certain type of champagne, banana daiquiri, lava flow....they told me they had none of it. Bartenders (except Schooner) were rude and unhelpful.

Sad to see the ship like this, so many great memories on her!

Bingo the guys and girls at Schooner were busting there tails. I talk to some nice woman she mentioned the banana ingredients missing. Bar staff front part of Pool Bar was full excuses. They weren't all that nice or helpful and neither were some of the other bars.

Here is a review of our mid week cruise on Her Majesty (2/15/16 - 2/19/16):

This was our 19th cruise overall and 12th on Her Majesty. We have only cruised on Royal. For those reading this what you will read is the experience we had on Her Majesty and you can compare it with other review posts.

People have complained that the hot tubs had not been working -- well, no worry -- all are functioning.

Having sailed on Her Majesty many times, we did not need to do a tour of the ship after we boarded, which went easily; we were on board by 11:30am. Many more people than usual were already on board and WJ was busy. My typical lunch menu item on departure day of paella was available. They had Strawberry Kiwi Melon drink (another fav), but today I wasn't in the mood for it, so I hoped they would have it later in the week. Paella was as good as usual.

It was overcast and a little rainy, so no pool sitting to watch the cruisers arriving from cold weather. We did stroll through the Centrum to see what if any changes have happened since we last cruised on her back in 11/14. Then we relaxed under the overhang until cabins were ready at 1:30pm, meeting fellow cruisers.

This was our first experience with a JS. Nice layout….roomier than the normal Superior Oceanview we’ve had in the past on this ship. Wonderful cabin attendant who was really helpful. The cabin had a small coffee maker & a kettle. One afternoon I wanted to make coffee with the coffee maker. The individual coffee packets were too big for this model of machine. It made a mess on the desk….which I cleaned up. Upon commenting to the cabin attendant and apologizing for the unusually messy washcloths that I used to clean the spill….she advised me that she had a spare coffee maker and she would switch it, hopeful that it would work better. It did – this one was the proper size for the coffee packets provided. But it made a very strong cup of coffee. We have very simple needs, but she made sure that the few things that were important to us, we had ALL THE TIME. The tub has a very high side that you need to step over to get in….but it is not SO high as to be a huge problem. I just held onto the countertop as I stepped in. The mattresses in our cabin were very firm…..for me, wonderful – DH adjusted to it by the 2nd night. Now he is at home in our ‘sleep comfort number bed’ – he can adjust it to his perfect sleep.

Our wait staff did a fine job. We even saw our head waiter more than once. He was very friendly and talkative. We saw our assistant waiter as the hostess in the WJ several times and she made sure to acknowledge us. The food in the MDR was fine, not a gourmet restaurant, but fine. All was served to my personal tastes, which is all I can ask. Sometimes service was rushed to accommodate the show times, since we did have Early seating and that wasn’t fun. On the first night, I had no desire for dessert, so it wasn’t a problem; but on the last night it was, and I did not want to miss the Boogie Wonderland Show (only one show time offered, between the two dinner seatings)….which I have seen a lot and always enjoy….and this time we enjoyed it just as much as in the past.

Breakfast is breakfast -- whether in the WJ or MDR it was very good. There is a section in the MDR set up for Diamond and above Crown and Anchor members. We had a very small contingent of Diamond and above members on this cruise.

We are easy lunch eaters…..we looked forward to Compass Deli. Its hours of operation were 12-6 regardless of the port we were in. It was good and not to be missed. Strange collection of offerings some could say. I had Hot and Sour soup (very good), then a Cuban sandwich (very good). Wraps of various types both hot and cold…..salad bar as well is there. They no longer have the custom made crepes, but are making them during the afternoon in the WJ; but my hubby wasn’t disappointed much, when he found that they are making THE roast beef sandwiches which are served in the Park Café (on the bigger ships) right here in the Compass Deli. Hubby enjoyed it a great deal. All in all, a great lunch followed by chocolate chip cookies for dessert with strawberry/kiwi drink.

We did WJ for dinner one night, to have the sushi that they make….the sushi was good, but not as good as we have had on other ships. It was fresh, but had too much rice in each piece. We saw that they had a selection of Indian offerings and were making churrasco steaks at a separate station….all looked good. Plenty of choices.

Plenty to do around the ship. The entertainment staff lead by cruise director Simona and her Activity Manager Mauricio lead activities day and night. One disappointment for us was the cancelation of the first nights’ Karoake. They had a special Bingo being held in the timeslot that the Karaoke would be in, since the winner would be upgraded to the Royal Family Suite, as no one had booked it on this cruise. We however are Karoake enthusiasts and instead of having both activities, Karoake was cancelled….space for both was the reasoning. All the rest of the Karoake events were lots of fun. Trivia was a plenty. Line dance lessons a plenty – but no matter how many I take, I am still learning how. The 70’s Party is a hoot, the White Party is something they promote quite a bit and it was great; they had a flag parade with was cute and entertaining in the Centrum one evening highlighting the various countries that the staff hails from.

The headliner comedian Rick Corso was better for the Adult only comedy show he did on the last night than his show on the first night. Signed, Sealed, Delivered was the first Production Show and it was very enjoyable. It is NOT a broadway show, but it was entertaining. The on the next night was a juggler – but we don’t go to juggling acts anymore. People who went, said it was good. The last night was Boogie Wonderland. It was as entertaining as ever.

The snacks that I enjoy – chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake lollipops, small mudpies were available easily…..either at Latte tudes or Compass Deli. What was missing was more plentiful cut up fresh fruit. I did find chocolate substitutes that worked just fine! I would have liked to have more accessible water stations located around the ship, and DID make my disappointment known that there was not a water dispenser that could be ‘self service’ at the Latte-tudes location. The Food and Beverage Manager did tell me himself that it was a good suggestion, that he would have to look into having that done.

As usual we had a very enjoyable cruise.

I did the Majesty last Memorial Day week (2015) with my son, I heartily agree that the Schooner Bar was the best bar on the ship; and the only one that seemed to have or was able to make anything someone requested, including their signature Coco Loco (it was too rough to tender at Coco Cay). They did run out of bottled water one night; but had already sent someone for more and he returned with a couple cases while we were sitting there talking to the bartender.

We ate only once or twice in the MDR, eating most of our onboard meals elsewhere on that cruise. We were not overly impressed with the MDR menu that week. That cruise also had a selection of curries & stews at lunch as well as dinner in the WJ which were better than I expected; however, most had as many small broken bones in them as meat, which I did not expect. While I learned many years ago that bones are routinely cooked along with the other ingredients in curries and other Indian dishes, primarily to get extra flavor from the bone marrow, my experience over the last ten years or so is the bones are usually in cheesecloth bags or something similar and are removed well before serving. This may be because of safety or litigation concerns (or both) in the Indian restaurants I visit. I mentioned it to one of the officers on board who asked how the food was; and addressed it on the survey I received after the cruise. I thought it was a little on the reckless side to have small broken bones in the food when served; especially with the number of pre-teen passengers that were on that cruise. I don’t know if the Indian food is still full of bones or not at present; but I would suggest chewing very carefully at first if you decide to try it.

Thank you for this report. i just booked a July cruise. is there a lot of kids on this one in the summer? my kids want to know? i am hoping it feels nice and fresh after some of the changes.

Thank you for this report. i just booked a July cruise. is there a lot of kids on this one in the summer? my kids want to know? i am hoping it feels nice and fresh after some of the changes.

There will be lots of kids on Majesty in July!

Here is a review of our mid week cruise on Her Majesty (2/15/16 - 2/19/16):

Compass Deli. Its hours of operation were 12-6 regardless of the port we were in. It was good and not to be missed.

The 70’s Party is a hoot, the White Party is something they promote quite a bit and it was great;

The snacks that I enjoy – chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake lollipops, small mudpies were available easily…..either at Latte tudes or Compass Deli.

I've been on RC but not Majesty. Taking my 71 yr mother and 18 yr daughter for their first cruises. I hope i'm not disappointed in the ship!!! :(

I have a few questions:

**COMPASS DELI : is this included in the cruise fee, or an extra dining fee like some restaurants are?

**SNACKS @ Latte tudes & Compass Deli: included? or extra fee?

**THEME PARTIES: how do I find out what will be offered on our ship so we can pack in advance? Does Majesty always have 70s and White? What does White mean, just dressing in white clothes? Any other themes?

**WATER: all I drink is water! And lots of it. I have heard I cannot pack bottled water, so if I take my own insulated cup will I be able to refill with ice water regularly?

Thanks for your review, and hope you don't mind answering my questions!

Edited by CouponMom

I've been on RC but not Majesty. Taking my 71 yr mother and 18 yr daughter for their first cruises. I hope i'm not disappointed in the ship!!! :(

I have a couple questions:

COMPASS DELI : is this included in the cruise fee, or an extra dining fee like some restaurants are?

SNACKS @ Latte tudes & Compass Deli: included? or extra fee?

THEME PARTIES: how do I find out what will be offered on our ship so we can pack in advance? Does Majesty always have 70s and White? What does White mean, just dressing in white clothes? Any other themes?

Both Compass and Latitudes is free and included. Now I didn't check out Latitudes but it is supposed to be a lot like Voyager class offerings and above of the great pops and more. Not sure if they have ice cream like Vision did.

They had a White Party, 70's party, Quest, Love and Marrige. The activities manger offered a lot. You will know by compass when they are. White party is white t-shirt is optional same way with hiw much you want to dress for the 70's party.

Majesty in the end of May is getting dry dock so it will bring nice changes. Hopefully more working things that seemed chronic. Hopefully those electronic boards in the refurbishment. Better internet.

I just got off the 4 night Majesty cruise. I've been on her several times, and while she's not perfect, I always have a good time. I was surprisingly impressed by the food in the MDR. We went with friends who had never cruised before, and they wanted to eat in the MDR every night (I normally forgo the MDR because I think it's a waste of time) but I'm glad we went. Our waiter was great, and the food was excellent. I was really impressed. As for running out of drinks, our ship had a lot of spring breakers who drank a lot, and I think they said they ran out of Miller Lite while we were still in Miami, but I think people were able to switch to other beers. :) I did run into the freestyle machine saying that the Diet Coke was unavailable a few times, which was frustrating, but usually if one machine was on the fritz, the other one was working. Our friends were also frustrated by the lack of breakfast options from room service; I thought that continental breakfast is the only thing offered cruisewide, unless you're in a suite, but I could be wrong. We were on 9, so I just ran to the WJ every morning.

I love Majesty and can't wait to sail her again, but I can see why some people don't like it. It doesn't have bells and whistles. The Schooner Bar is great, and the service I experienced was, for the most part, really good. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience as much as I did.

I have a few questions:

**COMPASS DELI : is this included in the cruise fee, or an extra dining fee like some restaurants are?

**SNACKS @ Latte tudes & Compass Deli: included? or extra fee?

**THEME PARTIES: how do I find out what will be offered on our ship so we can pack in advance? Does Majesty always have 70s and White? What does White mean, just dressing in white clothes? Any other themes?

**WATER: all I drink is water! And lots of it. I have heard I cannot pack bottled water, so if I take my own insulated cup will I be able to refill with ice water regularly?

Compass Deli is free during the day when it is open from noon to 6pm. After that it gets converted (right now) to a Mexican Restaurant for the dinner hours (unsure exactly what they are) which is a for fee restaurant. But I believe it is a flat fee for all you can eat.

Latte-tudes has wonderful snacks that are free and others that are for a fee along with specialty coffees that have a fee.

Both Latte-tudes and and Compass Deli have great snack type food. Latte-tudes had cheesecake lollipops, small delicious mud pies, cookies etc that were free. I never had a problem finding a snack for my chocolate fix.

You will always have the 70's and White Party....see Cruise Compass for the night and time. All great fun. On ours sailing one of them ended up on the pool deck with late night snack food....not the Chocolate Fest of years ago, but something to munch on while you were consuming your drinks.

We also are big water drinkers. Some people do bring 6 or 12 bottles of packaged water on board....they did not seem to stop them. DH and I just can't be bothered doing that. We do have our own water bottles, and ask our cabin attendant to have an ice bucket in our room and keep it filled. It provided us with enough ice to put into our refillable water bottles. All was fine -- we have never had a problem filling our personal bottles.

Who knows what activities the ship will have when she sails from PC because Marc "Bing Bong" Walker will add/change when he takes over as CD at that time. But people should have no fear....Marc is a terrific CD and people have loved what he does on ships for the past 20 years.

Compass Deli is free during the day when it is open from noon to 6pm. After that it gets converted (right now) to a Mexican Restaurant for the dinner hours (unsure exactly what they are) which is a for fee restaurant. But I believe it is a flat fee for all you can eat.

Latte-tudes has wonderful snacks that are free and others that are for a fee along with specialty coffees that have a fee.

Both Latte-tudes and and Compass Deli have great snack type food. Latte-tudes had cheesecake lollipops, small delicious mud pies, cookies etc that were free. I never had a problem finding a snack for my chocolate fix.

You will always have the 70's and White Party....see Cruise Compass for the night and time. All great fun. On ours sailing one of them ended up on the pool deck with late night snack food....not the Chocolate Fest of years ago, but something to munch on while you were consuming your drinks.

We also are big water drinkers. Some people do bring 6 or 12 bottles of packaged water on board....they did not seem to stop them. DH and I just can't be bothered doing that. We do have our own water bottles, and ask our cabin attendant to have an ice bucket in our room and keep it filled. It provided us with enough ice to put into our refillable water bottles. All was fine -- we have never had a problem filling our personal bottles.

Who knows what activities the ship will have when she sails from PC because Marc "Bing Bong" Walker will add/change when he takes over as CD at that time. But people should have no fear....Marc is a terrific CD and people have loved what he does on ships for the past 20 years.

Thank you for mentioning the Mexican food change. I didn't know where they were getting it. Sorrento's is free.

That explains the couple that I saw 1 night. I wonder if it was synthetic or real in the pipe! Yet 2 Officers didn't miss a beat with the nightly leacture to the head WJ person 5ft from the bottom of those stairs.

Love those cheesecake pops.

Some of the coffee is Starbucks at Latitudes and a fee.

I just got off the 4 night Majesty cruise. I've been on her several times, and while she's not perfect, I always have a good time. I was surprisingly impressed by the food in the MDR. We went with friends who had never cruised before, and they wanted to eat in the MDR every night (I normally forgo the MDR because I think it's a waste of time) but I'm glad we went. Our waiter was great, and the food was excellent. I was really impressed. As for running out of drinks, our ship had a lot of spring breakers who drank a lot, and I think they said they ran out of Miller Lite while we were still in Miami, but I think people were able to switch to other beers. :) I did run into the freestyle machine saying that the Diet Coke was unavailable a few times, which was frustrating, but usually if one machine was on the fritz, the other one was working. Our friends were also frustrated by the lack of breakfast options from room service; I thought that continental breakfast is the only thing offered cruisewide, unless you're in a suite, but I could be wrong. We were on 9, so I just ran to the WJ every morning.

I love Majesty and can't wait to sail her again, but I can see why some people don't like it. It doesn't have bells and whistles. The Schooner Bar is great, and the service I experienced was, for the most part, really good. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your experience as much as I did.

I'm assuming you were on deck 9 in a SO cat cabin. What cabin number were you in and what was your view out the window like? We are in an SO cat in April and I'm curious of what our view will be like. Thanks!

I think Karen's comment on the Freestyle soda machine sums it up, but not just for the Majesty. I found the Oasis, which has several freestyle machines, had trouble keeping up with the demand and certain and/or many soda options were empty too often.

These machines are not manned, like a bar is, and no one is there to replace the canisters when they run out, like at a bar. It is not impossible to keep them working, but someone has to be checking the machine regularly, and it seems like this is not done. It would not be hard to keep a record of which flavors needed to be replaced and when and schedule someone to do this, but they are short on staff, of course.