March 5 Connie Gnty assigned yet?

LovetheSea

We have one for Mar 13, not assigned yet either. I have never waited so long for an assignment. Celebrity is now sending emails to people asking them if they want to upgrade to cabin # xxx for xxx$. Then they have to wait for a reply. I'm wondering if this is slowing down the process of assigning guarantee cabins. Just a thought. I hope you get yours soon and that you are pleased with the assignment.:)

I have booked GTY cabins many times. Usually you get an assigned cabin early and keep it. However, I have waited until the week of the cruise and been upgraded. Once, I was assigned and then reassigned a cabin 3 times. Anything can happen. The longer you wait, the better it can be. It is like checking into a hotel. You have a reservation for a type of room and no number. When you check in, a room is allotted to you. Never book a GTY in an unacceptable category. You must be saving money when you booked a GTY. Enjoy your savings. Have a nice cruise.

Apparently the porters have a list with the cabin numbers on them. Or so I have been told? Correct me if I am wrong someone. They can give you generic luggage tags to put on your luggage that you fill in the info. However once we had been assigned a cabin. Printed out the tags at home and attached them gave the luggage to the porter at the port and went inside to check in , and NEW cabin assigned. When we got on the ship we didn't get our luggage. Sure enough it was outside the old cabin.

I would call Celebrity before you leave the house to see if they have assigned you a cabin.

I recently booked the 3/19 sailing and was assigned a cabin within a week. Guess it depends on sailing and a number of unknown conditions.

BTW, very happy with my cabin assignment.

Good luck.

I called the Captain's Club today and inquired about my GNTY Balcony cabin. Since I upgraded through them. I told her the cruise was in 4 days and I fly out in three.

She went into my booking put me on hold. Came back and said I was not assigned a cabin yet and to call back in "two weeks" if I haven't gotten one yet?

Clearly she was not listening or looking very hard at my booking. Celebrity should get some better people in there.

I called the Captain's Club today and inquired about my GNTY Balcony cabin. Since I upgraded through them. I told her the cruise was in 4 days and I fly out in three.

She went into my booking put me on hold. Came back and said I was not assigned a cabin yet and to call back in "two weeks" if I haven't gotten one yet?

Clearly she was not listening or looking very hard at my booking. Celebrity should get some better people in there.

OMG...SMH!

Marie

Wow, just wow and this person is getting paid? We are still waiting too but we have a little more time than you.

We're booked on this cruise (3/5, 5n on Constellation out of Fort Lauderdale) in an OV cabin. I looked around on some of my favorite sites to see what kind of cabins might be left thinking I might angle for an upgrade. One site, one I trust and use frequently to see what's sold and what isn't, had none. Another site had only OVs.

Keep in mind, the Hotel Manager will hold cabins for upgrades for disgruntled guests once the ship has sailed, so, there ARE some empty cabins. However, my estimation is that this cruise has been optimized as far as Celebrity is concerned. Any jiggering now is to increase revenue. For example, if you are in an inside or OV cabin, you may find that they might sell you an upgrade to a balcony (balcony to CC or AQ, either of these to a Suite, etc.) but it is not likely to be a great cabin or at a great price although they will certainly try to make you think it is.

I'm going to call tomorrow and see what I can get .... if anything and I doubt I will but you should always try.

For the OP, if you don't get a room assignment until you are checking in, go ahead and leave your bags with the porter (and I agree, he will look on a list and find what cabin you've been assigned) and go through Security but don't go to check in. Once inside the terminal, ask a uniformed Celebrity staff member where the Port Coordinator's Desk is. Talk to this person. He/she is an ship's staff officer. He/she is the best person to talk to to verify your cabin or offer you something better.

Edited by jbuch02

Forgot to ask, did you ask her if it was a good book?

I asked her if the Porters outside will have a list of passenger cabin numbers, if no cabin before we leave. So we can drop off outside the building. She said not to worry . Everything will be fine. Never answered my question. I just said I would call back the next day. Didn't want to waste my time anymore with her.

I asked her if the Porters outside will have a list of passenger cabin numbers, if no cabin before we leave. So we can drop off outside the building. She said not to worry . Everything will be fine. Never answered my question. I just said I would call back the next day. Didn't want to waste my time anymore with her.

I hope today will be your lucky day! Please keep us updated.

Marie

Booking a guarantee with Celebrity is like a box of chocolates...........:)

jbuch02.. Thanks for the info. I will try it.

This has happened to us a couple of times. Where we didn't know our cabin until be got to the port. Problem was.The porter had the old cabin number on his list. We had to go to the old cabin and get our luggage. On the opposite end of the ship.

I will call the regular reservations line this afternoon. The online check in is now closed. I can no longer print out luggage tags, even if I get a cabin assignment.

I guess this just comes with the territory when you book a Gnty.

On attempting to upgrade, get a cabin reassignment on this cruise or be assigned a cabin if you booked a GTY cabin:

First, my booking is with an on-line TA so, there is that. Second, and because of this, I believe, I was not called directly by Celebrity offering an upgrade. I am aware from reading Cruise Critic threads that this did happen to others booked on this or other cruises as close to days before sailing.

So, I called my TA this AM and she called Celebrity checking with two agents just in case either of them may be more accommodating than the other. No dice. She was told the 3/5/16, 5n Western Caribbean Cruise, the one I'm booked on in an OV cabin, is sold out. I'm not surprised.

It will be interesting to hear how the OP's situation with his GTY not yet assigned will turn out. Hope it's your lucky day and you get a Sky Suite for what you paid for the GTY cabin. Heh!!!

You have a cabin somewhere on the ship. Usually the later the assignment, the better it gets. It may be frustrating. Relax. You will be fine. As far as the luggage tags go. Again, do not fret. On my most recent cruise, I didn't receive tags in the mail and I didn't print them. When I got to the pier, the porters put tags on the bags. I got my bags faster than ever. If the porters do not know what cabin you are in, have them write GTY with your name showing. You will receive your bags. Good luck. Hope you get an upgrade that makes you happy.

Just called. No cabin yet. She said I can not check online anymore. It is closed. I will just have to call them back and ask. I asked her if they will send me an E Mail when I get an assignment. She said they "may?" But she wasn't so sure. I suppose twice a day wouldn't be too much? :) We fly to FLL Friday.

*I booked this cruise online. Celebrity website. A couple of months ago. Then upgraded to a Balcony Guarantee by calling Captains Club. A couple of weeks ago.

You have a cabin somewhere on the ship. Usually the later the assignment, the better it gets.

That's what I thought too, but we just found out our cabin assignment for our March 13 cruise, and I'm not at all pleased. Yes, I know, you always take a chance when you book a guarantee... I was just hoping for better. (Maybe they'll change it again before we sail?)

Yup, deck 6 overlooking lifeboats.

You'll be surprised how great those cabins are, seriously! We had one for our Silhouette Cruise in October and it was really great. Very close to everything on the ship and the obstruction is really minimal, you barely notice it after the first day in the cabin.