New England Cruise

Snook

A couple of years ago I saw that Holland had a cruise that began in Tampa and ended in either Montreal or Quebec City which was just about perfect for us. Unfortunately, we could not make it that year. I keep looking and hoping that I’ll see that cruise, or reverse, being offered again but so far, nada. Does anyone have any knowledge of this being offered again in the near future?

A couple of years ago I saw that Holland had a cruise that began in Tampa and ended in either Montreal or Quebec City which was just about perfect for us. Unfortunately, we could not make it that year. I keep looking and hoping that I’ll see that cruise, or reverse, being offered again but so far, nada. Does anyone have any knowledge of this being offered again in the near future?

April 24, 2016 Tampa to Montreal on the Veendam, 13 days.

They do the reverse in October but to Ft Lauderdale.

Better hurry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better hurry!

I'm on the cruise that leaves April 24. The itinerary was changed quite awhile ago, it now leaves from Fort Lauderdale, not Tampa.

When we did this cruise 4 years ago it was 15 days, left from Fort Lauderdale, but had stops in Charleston and Newport. Very disappointed those ports were removed, but we're still going anyway because it's still a great cruise. :) Boston was added, which I'm happy about.

We have an active roll call going, would love to have you join us.

Edited by Cruising-along

Better hurry!

Ha Ha, Carolyn posted while I was typing - my quote function isn't working!

Actually, this years relocation cruise was moved to leaving Fort Lauderdale on April 24th due to Veendam having a dry dock shortly. We have a small CC group and would love to have you join us.

The roll call is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233453

Edited by richwmn

ha ha, carolyn posted while i was typing - my quote function isn't working!

Actually, this years relocation cruise was moved to leaving fort lauderdale on april 24th due to veendam having a dry dock shortly. We have a small cc group and would love to have you join us.

The roll call is here:

:d:d:d

(the smileys aren't working either!)

Edited by Cruising-along

Oosterdam is the ship operating out of Tampa next season but they are going to Spain out of Tampa:

15-DAY PASSAGE TO SPAIN

ms Oosterdam Tampa - Barcelona, Spain

Mar 31, 2017

So it doesn't look good for next year either. Who knows when they might go back to From Tampa to the NE/Canada.

Like the other posters have said - the Veendam is the ship operating out of Tampa this season - and she didn't get there until the middle of January.

For quite a few years the Maasdam used to go from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal -- we did that and loved it.

Now Maasdam will be heading to Alaska this year.

Carolyn, her DH, and I did the relocation on the Maasdam 4 years ago and had such a good time we are repeating it this year on the Veendam. Hope it is just as good - it should be.

Rich

Ha Ha, Carolyn posted while I was typing - my quote function isn't working!

Actually, this years relocation cruise was moved to leaving Fort Lauderdale on April 24th due to Veendam having a dry dock shortly. We have a small CC group and would love to have you join us.

The roll call is here:

We would love to but did three cruises late 2015 and are spending our winter in Hilton Head and do not get home until the end of March.

Maybe on the return trip to FLL?

I'm on the cruise that leaves April 24. The itinerary was changed quite awhile ago, it now leaves from Fort Lauderdale, not Tampa.

When we did this cruise 4 years ago it was 15 days, left from Fort Lauderdale, but had stops in Charleston and Newport. Very disappointed those ports were removed, but we're still going anyway because it's still a great cruise. :) Boston was added, which I'm happy about.

We have an active roll call going, would love to have you join us.

We will welcome you to Boston. It's really a great city with so much to do see and eat. :D

Lots of history, culture, education, sports, medicine, great food...... something for everyone.

We will welcome you to Boston. It's really a great city with so much to do see and eat. :D

Lots of history, culture, education, sports, medicine, great food...... something for everyone.

Thank you! I'm very excited to see Boston for the first time. DH was there years ago for a few days, but on business.

Some people on our roll call will be joining us in Boston, this cruise can be booked either as a 13-day from Fort Lauderdale, or 9 day from Boston.

Right now our plans are the Duck Highlights tour and then the Hop on Hop Off trolley on our own. I hope that will give us a good, rounded view of Boston. Any suggestions? :D We will be there 10:30-6, so probably a quick lunch somewhere between the Ducks and the trolley will be in order. :D

Everything but a decent cruise port .:D

Not really a biggie . Not too far from the city center .

DH and I will be on this cruise, we are embarking in Boston. Boston, our favorite port - in part because it is within driving distance ;) and also because Boston is a pretty awesome New England city. I've been looking (lurking?) at the roll call for the Atlantic Coast cruise that was started here on CC but have hesitated to officially join as we will be getting on a few days after your meet and greet and all. But we sure look forward to joining everyone in Boston. We are less than 60 days out now, so it's a month and some weeks. So excited to try a new itinerary, here's hoping for good weather for us all. Cheers!

Lorie

DH and I will be on this cruise, we are embarking in Boston. Boston, our favorite port - in part because it is within driving distance ;) and also because Boston is a pretty awesome New England city. I've been looking (lurking?) at the roll call for the Atlantic Coast cruise that was started here on CC but have hesitated to officially join as we will be getting on a few days after your meet and greet and all. But we sure look forward to joining everyone in Boston. We are less than 60 days out now, so it's a month and some weeks. So excited to try a new itinerary, here's hoping for good weather for us all. Cheers!

Lorie

Please check in on the Roll Call. There are two other CC members that will be boarding in Boston and I am looking at making the "official" M&G after that. We will still have a gathering after Fort Lauderdale, but with three sea days there will be plenty of time for that.

Rich

Everything but a decent cruise port .:D

Not really a biggie . Not too far from the city center .

Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is 10 minutes from Logan Airport on a Saturday.

What do You consider to be City Center? :confused:

Boston has so many focal points that I find it hard to identify a city center.

There's Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market, Financial District, North End, TD Garden, Federal Courts, Cambridge Street/Storrow Drive and Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear, HatchShell for concerts, next we're at Newbury Street with upscale shopping, restaurants, galleries...... South End, Copley Square, Fenway Park, ....... and so forth

Where is the City Center?

Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is 10 minutes from Logan Airport on a Saturday. Yes, great.

What do You consider to be City Center? :confused:

Where is the City Center?

Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market but a wonderfully compact center .

Ugh,,,,, I was afraid that is what you would say.

It's fine and touristy but I don't call that City Center. :)

With all Boston has to offer, that is not really the 'high point', IMO

Traditionally, it's the corner of State Street and Congress Street.

It has nothing to do with what the city "has to offer" or any "high point". It's just a geographic location that's often considered the center of the city; at least partly for historical reasons. The top of King Street, which was re-named State Street long ago.

Sometimes, City Hall is considered the center, sometimes the center of City Hall Plaza, sometimes Faneuil Hall, sometimes the State House, sometimes the Old State House. Except for the (current) State House, they're all in the same general part of the city.

Edited by Blue Mudshark

Ugh,,,,, I was afraid that is what you would say.

It's fine and touristy but I don't call that City Center. :)

With all Boston has to offer, that is not really the 'high point', IMO

DH would agree with you on that "ugh," but it's what most visitors think of as city center. Actually, when you think about it, for many cities, the ports were once city center. But as cities grew inland, the center wasn't near the water any more.

DH dislikes Boston. My fault, I made him drive there many years ago and he hasn't forgiven Boston or me for that. I used to have to go to Boston on business fairly often, so I got to know more of the city and I like it. I do think the "Freedom Trail" is much ado about nothing. Too many stops are just plaques on modern buildings saying "on this site in 1775..." It's only good when you get to North Boston.

Traditionally, it's the corner of State Street and Congress Street.

It has nothing to do with what the city "has to offer" or any "high point". It's just a geographic location that's often considered the center of the city; at least partly for historical reasons. The top of King Street, which was re-named State Street long ago.

Sometimes, sometimes City Hall is considered the center, sometimes the center of City Hall Plaza, sometimes Faneuil Hall, sometimes the State House, sometimes the Old State House. Except for the (current) State House, they're all in the same general part of the city.

What about Scollay Square Station? ;)

What about Scollay Square Station? ;)

It's now called "Government Center Station (at Scollay Square)", which is under City Hall Plaza; Scollay Square itself was formerly in the same general area, at the corner of Tremont and Court Streets.

<snip>

Sometimes, City Hall is considered the center, sometimes the center of City Hall Plaza, sometimes Faneuil Hall, sometimes the State House, sometimes the Old State House. Except for the (current) State House, they're all in the same general part of the city.

:D That was my point.

It's now called "Government Center Station (at Scollay Square)", which is under City Hall Plaza; Scollay Square itself was formerly in the same general area, at the corner of Tremont and Court Streets.

I know. It's been Government Center Station for a long time. But to me it will always be Scollay Square Station. Kudos to the MTA for calling their transit card the "Charlie card." I had to explain that to a young colleague on one business trip. Fortunately, my boss and I still knew most of the words to the Charlie song.

(For those of you too young to understand this reference, goggle Charlie on the MTA)

When we were in Boston last year, the only thing DH wanted to see was Scollay Square Station. He was disappointed to learn the the whole area was closed for renovations.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

I know. It's been Government Center Station for a long time. But to me it will always be Scollay Square Station. Kudos to the MTA for calling their transit card the "Charlie card." I had to explain that to a young colleague on one business trip. Fortunately, my boss and I still knew most of the words to the Charlie song.

(For those of you too young to understand this reference, goggle Charlie on the MTA)

When we were in Boston last year, the only thing DH wanted to see was Scollay Square Station. He was disappointed to learn the the whole area was closed for renovations.

Thanks to the Kingston Trio - I know that song perfectly. Now if I could only sing. :(