Should I take Upgrade?

Karma_

My wife and I are taking our first cruise for our 5 year anniversary. We booked an interior cabin on the Getaway. Our cruise is 12 days out and they are offering to upgrade to a balcony room for 312 for both of us. Do you think it is worth it? or worth holding out till 7 days out?

Thanks

My wife and I are taking our first cruise for our 5 year anniversary. We booked an interior cabin on the Getaway. Our cruise is 12 days out and they are offering to upgrade to a balcony room for 312 for both of us. Do you think it is worth it? or worth holding out till 7 days out?

Thanks

I'm on the same cruise and I keep checking and see most category of Balcony are sold out. I know the ship is almost full so you could end up not getting it.

From an interior to a balcony for $312 total sounds like a good deal to me (if it is $312 per person then I would not take it). If you want to verify, take a look at current prices and see what the difference between a balcony and an interior is.

You can wait if you want, but you may find someone else took the offer and you lose out. If this is a special occasion, then you might want to make it even more special.

Thanks

if going from an inside i would take it...its an extra $44/per day total...years from now you will not remember the extra $312...but you wont soon forget a cramped inside cabin that you live in for 7days...i say take the plunge.

Best,

Mark

Thanks

I would go for it, as long as that $312 covers both of you ($624 would be too much). Balconies are particularly useful on the bigger ships, as you know you've always got a quiet place to retreat to.

Thanks

The value is worth it in this case, I vote yes, and tell your wife I said so :D

I would do it. Back in my younger days my wife and I would sail inside to save money, thinking we would never spend much time in the room. One time we splurged and got a balcony, and have never gone back.

I do get a bit claustrophobic, and just having the view of the outside, and being able to sit on your balcony.... well worth it.

For $312 (assuming it's for both of you and not per person), I think it's not a question for me. You will greatly appreciate the times you can sit out on the balcony and enjoy the breeze or read a book.

Thanks so much for the advice. I called back to book it and found out we actually got dining package free as a second upgrade. So we ended up only paying 145 to upgrade from interior to balcony since we had already bought dining package for 200. Thanks for all the help!

Thanks

If you want ti you need to take it. The idea of holding out is a joke. If you don't take ti they will offer it to someone else and they will take it.

I may sound snobbish here but I will only cruise in a balcony room.

One of my favorite parts of cruising is waking up to a new beautiful view outside your window.

You are not being snobby. Balcony is the lowest category I will book. My first cruise was on Costa back in 1999 in a tiny little outside cabin with porthole. That cruise sold me on only booking balcony and above.

I'm in an Escape studio here in a month... Looking at it now, it looks like a "balcony guarantee" would only be 200 more, and a "mini suite guarantee" would only be 500 more than I've already paid. And that appears to be even though I'm solo.

1. Does that mean if I call the upsell number, I could upgrade? And 2. Should I?