Amazing prices for some transatlantic cruises

benbess

The prices for some of the upcoming transatlantic cruises on X seem amazing. For instance, with a residency discount, this 13-day cruise on Silhouette going to England is 719 a person for a balcony. I realize that once you add taxes and tips it would be more like 1000 for the trip, but that still seems like an amazing trip in a nice room for a low price. My work schedule won't let me take these, but I hope some of you are taking advantage of it. I'm surprised it hasn't already sold out at these prices, but I guess for a lot of people it's difficult to take a cruise that's two weeks long....

Nights

Special offer!! Celebrity Silhouette

SI 13 NT CAPITAL CITIES TRANSATLANTIC

$719 USD

Avg. per person

DEPARTING:

APR 10, 2016

STATEROOMS:1

Veranda

Day 1 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

EMBARK

5:00PM

DAY 1 APR 10, 2016

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

DAY 2 APR 11, 2016

At Sea

DAY 3 APR 12, 2016

At Sea

DAY 4 APR 13, 2016

At Sea

DAY 5 APR 14, 2016

At Sea

DAY 6 APR 15, 2016

At Sea

DAY 7 APR 16, 2016

At Sea

DAY 8 APR 17, 2016

At Sea

DAY 9 APR 18, 2016

At Sea

DAY 10 APR 19, 2016

Lisbon, Portugal

DAY 11 APR 20, 2016

Vigo, Spain

DAY 12 APR 21, 2016

At Sea

DAY 13 APR 22, 2016

Le Havre (Paris), France

DAY 14 APR 23, 2016

Southampton, England

Even better the 16 night Reflection Miami to Rome has been $799 for a balcony!

That one is a doosey! If only we could avail ourselves of it [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All their spring transatlantics are good deals. One thing to keep in mind, with sailings this close, flights to and hotels once you get there only go up in price. For example, last Tuesday we booked the Reflection ta. I just checked an airfare went up $110 p.p. and the only places with two seats together were way at the back of the plane. The hotel went up $30 also. It still might be a good deal, but look at your total cost rather than just the cruise part. Oh the return air from Rome, on choiceair.com stayed the same.

All their spring transatlantics are good deals. One thing to keep in mind, with sailings this close, flights to and hotels once you get there only go up in price. For example, last Tuesday we booked the Reflection ta. I just checked an airfare went up $110 p.p. and the only places with two seats together were way at the back of the plane. The hotel went up $30 also. It still might be a good deal, but look at your total cost rather than just the cruise part. Oh the return air from Rome, on choiceair.com stayed the same.

Well Virgin to FLL from SFO was $223 yesterday although we got it on points, and we got the Intercontinental Miami at the port for $114 on Hotwire, so not too awfully bad.

It's funny I'm on the Reflection TA next month...booked it the day it became available and got a great price and THEN they skyrocketed.....in the last 6 weeks they have come back to the level they were at in the beginning....but am sure they sold a lot of cabins at the higher rate too.....sometimes it pays to book really early but often if you can cruise with only a month or so notice you can get great deals too....:)

Well Virgin to FLL from SFO was $223 yesterday although we got it on points, and we got the Intercontinental Miami at the port for $114 on Hotwire, so not too awfully bad.

We paid $250 p.p. on American, Phoenix to Miami. We paid $180 for hotel, but without digging my file out, I can't remember where, we looked at so many. That was stretching it. At today's rates we probably would stay home even though we got the cruise so cheap. We aren't big fans of east bound tas.

Even better the 16 night Reflection Miami to Rome has been $799 for a balcony!

Yes! we are going to book this, but I need help we normally cruise on Carnival the price of this cruise is perfect for us the only problem is 6 day on this cruise doing nothing can someone who had been in this ship tell me what to do on sea days.Thanks

Yes! we are going to book this, but I need help we normally cruise on Carnival the price of this cruise is perfect for us the only problem is 6 day on this cruise doing nothing can someone who had been in this ship tell me what to do on sea days.Thanks

Here are some possibilities for sea days at the Cruise Critic review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=621

"Celebrity Reflection Overview

By Colleen McDaniel, Managing Editor; Updated by Tiana Templeman, Cruise Critic contributor

Editor Rating

Cool sophistication is the unmistakable vibe onboard Celebrity Reflection, the final -- and biggest -- of the five ships in the line's Solstice Class. Sure, the Solstice Class blueprint is still in place; you can't miss the Lawn Club, Solarium and themed dining venues found onboard all five ships. But Reflection, which debuted in October 2012, turns it up a notch. There's also the sheer size of the 126,000-ton, 3,046-passenger ship. It's bigger and about two feet wider -- a change necessary to accommodate the additional weight. You might not notice the change in width, but Reflection is loaded with 89 more cabins and about 150 more passengers than its siblings.

With ample room, Reflection added 42 suites, including three new classes: the Reflection Suite, the Signature Suite and the AquaClass Spa Suite. While the Reflection Suite, with its cool all-glass cantilevered shower, gets high marks for creativity, the 32 AquaClass Spa Suites might be the most coveted among suite-lovers. Passengers booked in AquaClass and AquaClass Spa Suites receive complimentary access to Blu, a private dining room with a focus on light yet flavorsome "spa cuisine". Suite passengers also receive complimentary access to Blu, based on availability, as well as their own dedicated restaurant, Luminae.

This time around, the line did away with nightclub Quasar, replacing it with a conference center that can serve as a meeting center, conference room or banquet hall, but mostly it's used for art auctions. Night time activities have shifted to the pool deck and to the Grand Foyer, where entertainment ranges from low-key in the evening to full-throttle after hours, and the DJ is usually found in the Sky Observation Lounge.

It's impossible to miss the art, a multimillion-dollar investment, on Reflection. It's big. It's bold. And it's everywhere. Perhaps the most stunning piece is the Grand Foyer showstopper: a live tree that grows tall, while an illuminated aluminium tree hangs from the base. Celebrity calls it a tree reflecting on itself and, of course, reflection is the theme of the art onboard. Photography is also a feature with an eclectic range of images lining the stateroom corridors. You could spend hours trying to figure out how each piece expresses the theme, ranging from the grand to the puzzling.

Celebrity's famous Lawn Club onboard Reflection hasn't changed much from Silhouette's design, with its half-acre of grass, up-charge restaurants (the Lawn Club Grill and The Porch) and eight alcoves -- private rentable cabanas for those who want shade and a little privacy but away from the pool area. Whereas the Lawn Club on Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse is wide open and has a real park feel, the later iterations feel decidedly more divided, with less space for playing bocce, enjoying lazy picnics or sunning.

Other old favorites return, as well, including Sky Observation Lounge with its stunning sea views and the Martini Bar, famous for its entertaining bar staff and elegant cocktails. Celebrity espouses the virtues of "modern luxury" and there are touches of that throughout from comfy chaise lounges with oversized cushions to the glass-enclosed Solarium.

Entertainment is a hit, from big production shows to more low-key options, such as a guitar and vocal duo. Service overall is warm and attentive however the widespread upselling of drink packages and specialty dining, particularly during the first 48 hours of the cruise, can be somewhat off-putting for those seeking a relaxing cruise vacation.

Every one should get better deals this year traveling to & into Europe ,since the terrorist attack in Paris last year . not only Celebrity ;but Viking river cruises have gone down in price ;). These are just some examples

If any one wants to travel to Europe now is the time to save money ;but ,still need to shop ;)

Edited by mcrcruiser

We booked the 16 night Reflection TA last June on a special package from our travel agent. Concierge Class, 2 nights in Rome in a 4 star hotel, transfers from Ship to Rome hotel, transfers hotel to airport and airfare to home, Rome to Las Vegas for $2249 pp (all taxes and fees included). We upgraded to Aqua class last week for $200. So, good deals can come at any time, you never know. (BTW, I booked the cruise about 20 minutes after the deal hit my email box!) :cool:

One of the reasons they're so cheap is that they have you onboard spending money for all of those days. However, Celebrity is especially good about activities for a transatlantic. There will be lectures on a wide variety of subjects that can range from navigation to history to major league baseball. They may also show recent movies in the theatre during the day. You'll also find arts and crafts classes, dance lessons, cooking demos, etc. Then there's always curling up in a quiet corner with a good book.

One of the reasons they're so cheap is that they have you onboard spending money for all of those days. However, Celebrity is especially good about activities for a transatlantic. There will be lectures on a wide variety of subjects that can range from navigation to history to major league baseball. They may also show recent movies in the theatre during the day. You'll also find arts and crafts classes, dance lessons, cooking demos, etc. Then there's always curling up in a quiet corner with a good book.

Yes, curling up with a good book while looking out at the sea sounds very nice. As does all the rest of it. Wish I could go!

On this cruise we have a guest lecturer on the Beatles, a former White House aide 'telling all' ;), and a fellow cruiser giving lessons in Italian, Spanish, and French. Besides all the other activities that are going on. We never lack for things to do and in fact sometimes I'm happy just to have a little bit of downtime

On this cruise we have a guest lecturer on the Beatles, a former White House aide 'telling all' ;), and a fellow cruiser giving lessons in Italian, Spanish, and French. Besides all the other activities that are going on. We never lack for things to do and in fact sometimes I'm happy just to have a little bit of downtime

Cathy, how may I find out who the guest lecturers are for our Constellation TA on April 2? Thank you!

Marie

It's funny I'm on the Reflection TA next month...booked it the day it became available and got a great price and THEN they skyrocketed.....in the last 6 weeks they have come back to the level they were at in the beginning....but am sure they sold a lot of cabins at the higher rate too.....sometimes it pays to book really early but often if you can cruise with only a month or so notice you can get great deals too....:)

When do the TAs become available? I want to book one for 2018.

I found out from our rollcall where one of the lecturers is posting. Have you checked your roll call?

Yes, I am active on the roll call, but no one has posted saying they are lecturing. I am bringing first time Celebrity cruisers, and I want them to love Celebrity :).

Marie

Keep in mind that when comparing them to other sailings, TAs aren't eligible for drink package promos. I'm not saying everyone wants a drink package, but for those that do, the $799 Miami-Rome balcony becomes $1839 with a Classic package ($55 +18% x 16).

Keep in mind that when comparing them to other sailings, TAs aren't eligible for drink package promos. I'm not saying everyone wants a drink package, but for those that do, the $799 Miami-Rome balcony becomes $1839 with a Classic package ($55 +18% x 16).

The $799 price is now $899. Your other point may be why the Exciting Deals that started last weekend, for TAs, are still pretty much in effect. But again, it's been a long time since drink packages were included, and I don't recall fire sales lasting this long. Usually they're gone during the first day they're available.