Royal Caribbean- Hop On, Hop Off Miami City Tour With Airport Drop-Off (FLL)

Hi,

After our upcoming Navigator cruise we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale but the flight does not leave until 6:30 pm. So I am looking at taking the Hop On, Hop Off Miami city tour. I had a question for anyone who has done this. Where is the luggage kept while you are hon the hop on/hop off buses? Looks like once we have finished with the buses there are shuttles to the airport at 12 and 2 pm. I'm looking at the 2 pm since we do not leave till 6:30 pm.

(I found this review on the Royal website.)

Typical hop on/off tour, but nice way to see Miami if you are short of time.

Recommended - it's a typical hop on and off experience so you make a lot of stops. The guide on the first bus tended to repeat the same things but was more "fun" whereas the 2nd guide was more serious but didn't repeat - they were both fine. You get to the starting point in time for the 1st 9am bus. I took the beach tour. We did not get back in time for the 10:30 bus, so took a break and then got on the 11am city tour bus. Got back in time for lunch and to walk around a bit before the 2pm shuttle to the airport. My flight was at 4:45 and the shuttle got to the airport at 3pm (there was a little bit of traffic due to an accident.) Not sure why Royal says 6pm, but I guess they have to be careful and don't want anyone to miss their flight. The buses on the hour have a live English tour guide. I understand that the buses on the 1/2 hour had the multi-lingual tours. Warning - it began to pour rain around time for the 2pm bus to the airport. A couple on the shuttle were stuck on the top of the bus as the rain started when they were on the highway and unable to stop to move downstairs. Needless to say, they were soaked! I was carrying around an umbrella, but not sure if that would have helped them

Hi,

After our upcoming Navigator cruise we will be flying out of Ft Lauderdale but the flight does not leave until 6:30 pm. So I am looking at taking the Hop On, Hop Off Miami city tour. I had a question for anyone who has done this. Where is the luggage kept while you are hon the hop on/hop off buses? Looks like once we have finished with the buses there are shuttles to the airport at 12 and 2 pm. I'm looking at the 2 pm since we do not leave till 6:30 pm.

(I found this review on the Royal website.)

Typical hop on/off tour, but nice way to see Miami if you are short of time.

Recommended - it's a typical hop on and off experience so you make a lot of stops. The guide on the first bus tended to repeat the same things but was more "fun" whereas the 2nd guide was more serious but didn't repeat - they were both fine. You get to the starting point in time for the 1st 9am bus. I took the beach tour. We did not get back in time for the 10:30 bus, so took a break and then got on the 11am city tour bus. Got back in time for lunch and to walk around a bit before the 2pm shuttle to the airport. My flight was at 4:45 and the shuttle got to the airport at 3pm (there was a little bit of traffic due to an accident.) Not sure why Royal says 6pm, but I guess they have to be careful and don't want anyone to miss their flight. The buses on the hour have a live English tour guide. I understand that the buses on the 1/2 hour had the multi-lingual tours. Warning - it began to pour rain around time for the 2pm bus to the airport. A couple on the shuttle were stuck on the top of the bus as the rain started when they were on the highway and unable to stop to move downstairs. Needless to say, they were soaked! I was carrying around an umbrella, but not sure if that would have helped them

Do they have luggage valet, so that you don't have to worry about luggage.

I often take a bus tour with drop off at the airport, great way to relax and not have to haul your luggage around and usually good value.

Luggage is under the bus.

Enjoy.

But this is listed as a hop on/ hop off tour which is normally multiple buses. How is that going to work if the luggage is in one bus? Am I missing something here? :confused:

I just pulled up the tour again and saw this. Sounds like the luggage is stored off the buses. Guess I should have done a better job of reading the first time. :o

• This tour is available for guests with flights from Ft. Lauderdale airport after 2:30 p.m. (domestic) or 3:30 p.m. (international flights).
  • This tour includes luggage storage service and transfer to the airport.
  • This tour ends at Bayside Market where you will collect your luggage from the storage facility and board the complimentary shuttle to the airport.
  • Shuttles depart at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m

But this is listed as a hop on/ hop off tour which is normally multiple buses. How is that going to work if the luggage is in one bus? Am I missing something here? :confused:

I've never seen luggage stored on a hop on/off bus. It is also unlikely the hop on/off bus will be the one to take you to the airport, so perhaps there is some central location from where your luggage will be kept and from where you will also catch the bus to the airport.

We did a HOHO bus in Miami after an NCL cruise and it worked better than I had expected. You get your luggage from customs and go to where the HOHO buses are parked. There they have a parked panel truck where they keep your luggage. You get a claim ticket for it and several people guard the truck while you are away. Your HOHO bus comes back to the pier to drop you off. When you return, you claim your luggage and get on the airport transfer bus. It was a nice way to spend the day before a late flight.

We did a HOHO bus in Miami after an NCL cruise and it worked better than I had expected. You get your luggage from customs and go to where the HOHO buses are parked. There they have a parked panel truck where they keep your luggage. You get a claim ticket for it and several people guard the truck while you are away. Your HOHO bus comes back to the pier to drop you off. When you return, you claim your luggage and get on the airport transfer bus. It was a nice way to spend the day before a late flight.

Thank you, that is what I needed. Sounds like a good way to kill some hours in Miami. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You can choose several routes and do as many as you have time for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This sure doesn't sound like enough time to do the HOHO trips around Miami! 2:00 is the last to the airport???? My flight leaves at 8:30, so 5 1/2 hours there . . . . I wonder if they would hold the luggage if we took other transportation to the airport . . . . like a private shuttle service.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me what time you depart from the ship for the tour? We did something similar in Ft. Lauderdale and I remember leaving around 8 AM. Trying to figure out if it's worth the money if we have to leave for the airport on the 1 PM shuttle. Thank you.

Nevermind. See that the reservation says 8:30 AM. 

Edited by archchic
Found further information

21 hours ago, archchic said:

Can anyone tell me what time you depart from the ship for the tour? We did something similar in Ft. Lauderdale and I remember leaving around 8 AM. Trying to figure out if it's worth the money if we have to leave for the airport on the 1 PM shuttle. Thank you.

Nevermind. See that the reservation says 8:30 AM. 

We did this last month. We had to be at studio b at 7:45. They gave everyone luggage tags then we had to depart and make our way to the bus. We gave our luggage marked with what shuttle time (we did the 1pm) and by 8:40 our hop on hop off bus was on our way. Our luggage was NOT on our bus. They bring it to bayside where it’s kept and secure.

We didn’t hop off but took the 1 1/2 hour tour then got off at bayside, shopped and got lunch at the hard rock. We headed to the designated area at 12:30 as advised and claimed our luggage and went to the bus to go to the airport. I thought it was a great use of time and fun.