Small ship advice

sbfrench1

What do you consider a small ship?

Budget?

Not sure there are ones dedicated to seniors there are certainly cruise lines that do the Greek Isles but maybe not exclusively

Oceana - Sirena 684 passengers, Azamera - Journey 686, Seabourn - Odyssey 450, Voyage to Antiquity - Aegean Odyssey 375, Silver Sea -Silver Wind 296, Windstar - Windstar 148 passengers.

While not specifically restricted to seniors, their lack of emphasis on children's activities effectively make them so.

My husband and I (almost seniors) are booked on a seven-night Greek cruise this September with Variety on a 32-passenger ship, Callisto. It was one of the less expensive small ship options. Our cruise was originally supposed to sail on another ship, a beautiful sailing yacht called Panorama II, but several months after our booking, Variety decided to keep that ship in the Caribbean and replace it with this vessel, which I think is not nearly as attractive. However, my TA was able to get our cabin upgraded at no additional charge, which made me feel better. I've read mostly good reviews about Variety and their itinerary was just what I was looking for. Worth a look, I'd say.

Edited by Shaken_Bake

My husband and I would like to cruise the Greek Islands. What is the best small ship for seniors to go in and out of the islands.

Vantage offers a small ship tour that includes many of the islands.

http://www.vantagetravel.com/ourjourneys/discovery-small-ships/aegean-odyssey-classic-greek-islands-to-istanbul/2017/itinerary#top

My husband and I would like to cruise the Greek Islands. What is the best small ship for seniors to go in and out of the islands.

You need to define "small". Some people regard 1000 passengers as small. Others <500. To me, small means <50 and preferably even smaller.

DON

We enjoyed the Greek islands on Azamara Club Cruises, less than 700 people. It was fantastic to be the only ship in some ports, especially in Santorini.

Hoping to cruise Xpedition this year or next year, < 100 people.

I haven't sailed them in the Med, but rather the Caribbean, but I'd take a look at Star Clippers. They have 3 modern large sailing ships (with no more than 230 passengers.) They have at least one ship in the Greek Isles during the summer.

Aloha,

John