overnights in ports?

tbmrt

Just curious....Does Carnival do any overnight stays at the same port?

There was quite a bit of controversy on the Celebrity boards when they switched itineraries and subsituted and overnight stay at the same port, supposedly without telling people already booked.

I leave for Mexico on Saturday and the itinerary says we have an overnight in Puerto Vallarta. A lot of people seem to be stoked about it because you get to experience the night life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think they might also do Cabo from time to time.

Keith

Cabo isn't exactly an overnight because the ship leaves port and comes back the next day.

Cabo isn't exactly an overnight because the ship leaves port and comes back the next day.

:confused: Isn't Cabo a tender port? Are you saying that the ship pulls up anchor and goes back out to sea and circles around and then drops anchor the next morning? Really curious as we are considering doing either the 7 night out of Long Beach that overnights in Cabo or overnights in PV.

:confused: Isn't Cabo a tender port? Are you saying that the ship pulls up anchor and goes back out to sea and circles around and then drops anchor the next morning? Really curious as we are considering doing either the 7 night out of Long Beach that overnights in Cabo or overnights in PV.

They pull up anchor & return the next morning. I prefer overnighting in PV!

Edited by cruizinator

I think they might also do Cabo from time to time.

Keith

They pull up anchor & return the next morning. I prefer overnighting in PV!

I agree. I like overnight in PV. We like to go to some restaurants that are only open for dinner and don't feel rushed getting back to the ship.

Just curious....Does Carnival do any overnight stays at the same port?

There was quite a bit of controversy on the Celebrity boards when they switched itineraries and subsituted and overnight stay at the same port, supposedly without telling people already booked.

I've been on ships overnight in Nassau, Bermuda, Honolulu, and Maui.

Yes, Carnival does dock overnight in port(s) on some sailings. We were in St. Petersburg (Russia) for 2 nights. Also, this July, on the Vista, we will be docked in Athens over night. Usually you only get an over-night docking with a 10 to 13 (and more) day cruise. I hope this helps

The Sensation used to overnight in Nassau. It might still, or maybe another ship took over that itinerary. It left early the next morning, so all you really got from it was an opportunity to enjoy the nightlife there.