potty trained infant

torcruise

I'm sailing on the Carnival pride in April with my 1 year old son who is potty trained. I know it is rare in America for babies to be potty trained but it is common in Ghana. I was wonder if they will let him in the pool since he is potty trained?

Please come teach my 20 month old! I think u will have no problem. No swim diapers though. I'm sure some people will look at you sideways...but who cares, your on vacation!

I think people will care;) No way to prove it. What happens when the next mother of a 1 y.o. comes along, takes off the diaper, and puts a swimsuit on the untrained child?

I think people will care;) No way to prove it. What happens when the next mother of a 1 y.o. comes along, takes off the diaper, and puts a swimsuit on the untrained child?

yes I was thinking that. but he does not where a diaper, only at night. Reason I ask is because I went to a pool few days ago and the manager said he had to where a swim diaper. I told him that my son was potty trained but he didn't care. Its funny because in Ghana people would look at you sideways if your child is not using a pot at the latest 1years old

Take her in the pool and who cares if you get funny looks. A mother knows her child best and if she's potty trained then you're golden. I took my 2 year old in pool without diaper and no issues and she had just learned. People will be more upset if she is in the pool in a swim diaper.

I'm sailing on the Carnival pride in April with my 1 year old son who is potty trained. I know it is rare in America for babies to be potty trained but it is common in Ghana. I was wonder if they will let him in the pool since he is potty trained?

In which pool?

You'll be fine.

My toddler PLed very young. (Yes we used cloth SadieN) We had no issues taking him in the Waterworks and hot tubs (too cold for the pool) last month.

In fact, I saw many kids who were very obviously wearing swim diapers and nothing was said to them.

Eta: Some pools do have strict rules regarding swim diapers. The place where my son takes his swim lessons requires ALL children under 3 to wear a reusable swim diaper (like iPlay brand) and a disposable swim diaper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Edited by LilMissScareAll

If your child still needs diapers, even if just at night, they are not fully potty trained. They should be kept out of the pools out of respect for others and the established rules.

Needing a diaper at night is an entirely different story. Plenty of 7 year olds need night time pull ups (a bigger kids version of a diaper) but are fully potty trained.

And the established rules are for children to be toilet trained which her son apparently is.

As far as accidents, as some one else commented, older kids can have accidents. Especially when they're having fun and don't want to get out of the pool. (As well as the adults that don't want to get out of the hot tub...which is why you won't find me there.)

I say go for it, but be prepared for the stares and questions. Hopefully you won't have any rude comments. The only reason my son is not coming on our upcoming cruise is because he's not potty trained and he loves the water. It would be awful to tell him he can't get in.

Best of luck to you!

You'll be fine.

My toddler PLed very young. (Yes we used cloth SadieN) We had no issues taking him in the Waterworks and hot tubs (too cold for the pool) last month.

In fact, I saw many kids who were very obviously wearing swim diapers and nothing was said to them.

Eta: Some pools do have strict rules regarding swim diapers. The place where my son takes his swim lessons requires ALL children under 3 to wear a reusable swim diaper (like iPlay brand) and a disposable swim diaper.

Cruise ship pools are different then a public pool on land. They aren't treated with the same chemicals so it's more of an issue for a child to poo in a pool on a ship.

Cruise ship pools are different then a public pool on land. They aren't treated with the same chemicals so it's more of an issue for a child to poo in a pool on a ship.

I'm aware that the filter system and the rules are quite different on a cruise ship.

My note about the swim diaper was in response to this:

yes I was thinking that. but he does not where a diaper, only at night. Reason I ask is because I went to a pool few days ago and the manager said he had to where a swim diaper. I told him that my son was potty trained but he didn't care. Its funny because in Ghana people would look at you sideways if your child is not using a pot at the latest 1years old

Edited by LilMissScareAll

I have seen drunken old fools sitting in the hot tubs ALL day....never getting out to use the restroom. To have a toddler that "might" have an accident is far less concerning to me. I would get in a pool with a little one, but NEVER EVER do I get into public hot tubs.:):):) Have fun!!!!!

It's not rare for kids in America to be potty trained. It's uncommon for kids to be potty trained that young. But if he is truly, good for him and you. IF he is. And he can enjoy the pools.

yes I used African cloth type diaper. But we don't really train the babies to go to the bathroom in the diaper. The diaper is for accidents we train with pot from birth. My son occasionally pees in the bed at night but mostly he is dry at night. I consider that potty trained

Having lived in Africa for many years, I observed the African system of potty training was based on the mother holding the child most of the time and she learned when the child needed to go and simply sat the child down wherever available. This is a little different than teaching the child to go to the bathroom. So I am not sure if a 12 month old should be allowed in the pool.

Having lived in Africa for many years, I observed the African system of potty training was based on the mother holding the child most of the time and she learned when the child needed to go and simply sat the child down wherever available. This is a little different than teaching the child to go to the bathroom. So I am not sure if a 12 month old should be allowed in the pool.

It is called elimination communication and it is not considered fully potty trained. Pediatricians tell you that they don't even have full bladder control until 18-24 months old so the tend to have accidents because they physically have a hard time stopping it.

yes at first you carry a pot everywhere and really learn the signs of when your baby needs to go, at about 6mo your child should be signaling you when they need to go and holding it untill you get to the pot or bathroom. By 9-10 months baby should be asking for pot. My son is almost 1 and he walks to pot and asks for pot. When out of the house we use public restroom. He holds it

It's not that the manager didn't care. Most of the world has never heard of it. If you opt to try it, you may get some resistance.