Pinnacle Grill Menu ??

retdon

We really enjoyed the Pinnacle Grill on our recent Oosterdam cruise. Noticed a lot of people had the Alaskan King Crab Legs, is this a normal menu item or something that may or may not be on a menu.

Sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in October and would like to go to Pinnacle especially if they are a regular on the menu.

Reading that menu got me thinking as to why North Americans use the term entree differently to Brits and antipodeans. There is a good explanation on Wikipedia, I am just not good and doing links on this little device.

Edited , hope this works for those interested

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entr%C3%A9e

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Edited by teamflames

Reading that menu got me thinking as to why North Americans use the term entree differently to Brits and antipodeans. There is a good explanation on Wikipedia, I am just not good and doing links on this little device.

Edited , hope this works for those interested

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entr%C3%A9e

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Supper has different meanings quite often, too.

And then let's not get started on pudding. ;)

I seem to recall that Crab Legs had been taken off the new menu and two sizes of Lobster tail were added

I was looking at the Pinnacle Grill menu on the HAL site as we were deciding what to pre-book since we are a little over a month out from our cruise. I too noticed the two sizes of Lobster tail and the cost ($10 for a 5oz tail, $20 for a 12oz tail) and also they added a ginormous 36oz Captains Cut steak, obviously for a really hearty eater or for sharing. To me, a 36oz steak sounds like something from an eating competition lol. Whoever orders that will be paying something like $57 dollars above and beyond the price of the Pinnacle cover charge. I think I will stick with the Cedar Planked Halibut, for a steak place they really do an excellent job with the Halibut.

I was looking at the Pinnacle Grill menu on the HAL site as we were deciding what to pre-book since we are a little over a month out from our cruise. I too noticed the two sizes of Lobster tail and the cost ($10 for a 5oz tail, $20 for a 12oz tail) and also they added a ginormous 36oz Captains Cut steak, obviously for a really hearty eater or for sharing. To me, a 36oz steak sounds like something from an eating competition lol. Whoever orders that will be paying something like $57 dollars above and beyond the price of the Pinnacle cover charge. I think I will stick with the Cedar Planked Halibut, for a steak place they really do an excellent job with the Halibut.

The Halibut and Scampi is the BEST

Edited by frankc98376

Was the Cedar taste/aroma very strong? Its not my favorite flavor profile but I do like halibut when its well prepared.

Thanks

The Halibut and Scampi is the BEST

On the Prinsendam this December/January, my traveling companion found the halibut to be overcooked.

My double Pork Chop was perfect: properly done and juicy!

All other aspects of our Pinnacle Grill dinner fully met our expectations.:D

We were just in the Pinnacle Grill last week on the Veendam. Crab legs were available (and appeared to be a part of the regular menu) and there was no upcharge for them. We had them on our 2nd night at the Pinnacle Grill and they were very good (although I would have preferred regular drawn butter to the garlic version they provided). The serving size was huge.

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in December and found the cedar planked halibut perfectly done. The shrimp scampi unfortunately, was over-salted. We really should have sent them back to the kitchen as all you could taste was salt and iodine and not shrimp. :(

Edited by cbr663
typo

Was the Cedar taste/aroma very strong? Its not my favorite flavor profile but I do like halibut when its well prepared.

Thanks

I would say the aroma/flavor of the Cedar isn't strong at all, I don't care for the tastes of wood in my food or my wine either. So I would say it is very mild to non-existent.

Edited to add: Oops! I see SilvertoGold already answered your question, so I guess what I'm saying is, I agree with SilvertoGold. :)

Edited by galensgrl
add info