Upsell to haven - so excited!

smg873

We are still just over 4 weeks out (sailing Getaway 4/17), but I decided to take a shot at calling the upsell department, fully expecting to be told nothing was available. I REALLY wanted to try to upsell from our large balcony room to an aft facing penthouse, and there were only a few left. I was offered an upsell at $1,000 pp for the first two people (we are a party of 3). More than I was hoping for, but still a good deal compared to the current cost of that cabin.

Long story short, I took the upsell. I know I may have been able to get it cheaper if I waited, but that category may have also sold out in the meantime, and I REALLY want that huge balcony!

Now to keep the secret so I can surprise my daughters!

That is terrific for all of you. You will love it! It does seem a bit steep, but I think like you in that it could get taken and it is still quite a cost savings. Happy sailing :-)

We are still just over 4 weeks out (sailing Getaway 4/17), but I decided to take a shot at calling the upsell department, fully expecting to be told nothing was available. I REALLY wanted to try to upsell from our large balcony room to an aft facing penthouse, and there were only a few left. I was offered an upsell at $1,000 pp for the first two people (we are a party of 3). More than I was hoping for, but still a good deal compared to the current cost of that cabin.

Long story short, I took the upsell. I know I may have been able to get it cheaper if I waited, but that category may have also sold out in the meantime, and I REALLY want that huge balcony!

It sounds like a good deal for you to have that wonderful cabin you wanted. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. I'm like you....hate to wait if it's something I really want and it might be gone otherwise. What a wonderful trip you and your daughters will have!

I think that's a great deal for an aft suite. Not so much for a Courtyard Penthouse suite. Enjoy that balcony!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That was my thought as well. They offered both the aft and the courtyard haven suites for $1,000 pp, which I was kind of surprised at, since the courtyard suite is much less expensive right now as a new booking. They wanted $1250 pp for the 2 BR family villa, which, if I recall correctly, is priced the same as the courtyard haven suite for new bookings right now.

Awesome!!! We just got an upsell to haven this week too! We sail Saturday...and we got upgraded to a haven spa suite with balcony for $750pp! I've been calling for weeks and this is the cheapest I've had! We also got offered a forward facing haven penthouse. But would rather have a bigger balcony than the penthouse had!

Enjoy your upgrade and cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Awesome!!! We just got an upsell to haven this week too! We sail Saturday...and we got upgraded to a haven spa suite with balcony for $750pp! I've been calling for weeks and this is the cheapest I've had! We also got offered a forward facing haven penthouse. But would rather have a bigger balcony than the penthouse had!

Enjoy your upgrade and cruise!!!

Congrats to you too! I was also offered a forward-facing penthouse (at $750 pp) but didn't want the small balcony either.

I just don't know how I'm going to keep this a secret for another month!

Awesome. We are sailing on the Getaway 4/10 and I grabbed the 2-bedroom penthouse for $1000 pp. Like you I also wanted the aft for the balcony, but they went quickly so I grabbed the 2 bedroom. Now there are afts available. We are now in cabin 16714 and couldn't be happier. I thought I would surprise DH and DD but couldn't contain myself - I spilled the news this morning. I'm so excited and can't wait.

You could have waited a bit depending on how many were left, I paid $500 pp got the deck 9 AFT PH for the 2 week cruise in January on the BA You will love it.

You could have waited a bit depending on how many were left, I paid $500 pp got the deck 9 AFT PH for the 2 week cruise in January on the BA You will love it.

There were only 3 left, and it's April vacation week (at least here in the Northeast) so I decided not to take a chance with waiting. If I had wanted the 2 BR I would have waited longer -there were still 14 of those left as of a few days ago. But, that balcony was calling me... :-)

Congrats on your Havens deal!

We also called the Upsell department (1-800-625-4309) and upgraded from Balcony Suite to a Spa Balcony in the Havens....$1K for the both of us. We are sailing Getaway 4/3/16 and now *****Super excited****!

This is our 2nd NCL cruise, we sailed the Epic and were awed with the Havens area and all that comes with it.

So, for the extra $$$ we wanted to jump on this.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

Edited by Liz&Keith
Typo

You will have a hard time to back to a regular room... we are just coming off our 1st every Haven H4...not sure how I will be able to go back without one... have fun...

So true! Our first cruise with the kids was on Disney. We had an upsell to a 2 Br suite for 50 dollars per person-$250 dollars.

Nobody does suites like Disney- oh my goodness! We were goners.

Once the kids outgrew Disney and we were tired of the same ship we went to Royal and NCL.

And discovered the Courtyard, now Haven.

Yes , we spend too much but it is worth it. We do spend time in our cabin and I like space and quiet. I also love all the activities on a ship but like an escape as well.

OP - have a great trip!

Does it cost more in gratuity to stay in a Haven?

I was told that since I had pre-paid my gratuities, NCL would not charge any additional gratuities to my account. That being said, I will certainly tip our butler on my own (and the concierge, assuming we use their services).

There were only 3 left, and it's April vacation week (at least here in the Northeast) so I decided not to take a chance with waiting. If I had wanted the 2 BR I would have waited longer -there were still 14 of those left as of a few days ago. But, that balcony was calling me... :-)

Just got the upsell on the 4/17 Getaway! I too had been watching prices for weeks. Finally called a couple days ago when they were showing 14 of the 2br penthouse suites available. Upgrade price was 1250pp. Decided to wait since so many still available. Last night still showed 14 available. Checked at 4pm today and only 7 were showing as available so I called immediately. Was offered the 1 remaining aft ph for 500pp (great price) or the 2 br for 1000pp. Wanted to be in the courtyard and wanted the extra br for the kids so scooped up the last one available on deck 16. Did the Epic Haven last year and told the wife and kids it was a once in a lifetime trip. I guess I lied! Now to see if I can keep it a secret from everyone until we get there.

Just got the upsell on the 4/17 Getaway! I too had been watching prices for weeks. Finally called a couple days ago when they were showing 14 of the 2br penthouse suites available. Upgrade price was 1250pp. Decided to wait since so many still available. Last night still showed 14 available. Checked at 4pm today and only 7 were showing as available so I called immediately. Was offered the 1 remaining aft ph for 500pp (great price) or the 2 br for 1000pp. Wanted to be in the courtyard and wanted the extra br for the kids so scooped up the last one available on deck 16. Did the Epic Haven last year and told the wife and kids it was a once in a lifetime trip. I guess I lied! Now to see if I can keep it a secret from everyone until we get there.

Congrats! I guess I could have held off on the upsell to the aft PH a bit longer & saved $1,000. Oh well, it still cost much less than actually booking it to begin with, so I'm still happy with my decision. :-)

So far, I've kept the secret. I CANNOT wait to see my two daughters' reaction to the suite!