empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

Awesome! Havana overnighters with Cococay on the 5 day itinerary. A few other itineraries mixed in (ie. 4day havana + Nassau, 5 day Key West+Havana+Nassau, etc...)

I think Paulette needs to add a few CruiseCal executives to her rolodex :eek::p

I would not mind adding a few CruiseCal Executives to my rolodex, in the same way I have added Royal exec's -- meeting them in interesting ways and places.

I would not mind adding a few CruiseCal Executives to my rolodex, in the same way I have added Royal exec's -- meeting them in interesting ways and places.

I had a recurring PayPal billing issue with cruisecal a few years back. It was run by one very avid (and very nice) cruiser out of his home - or so it seemed.

But lately they have been off on some things.

Not to change the subject...but...is that an Alaska cruise on Explorer that I see in your signature?! I seem to recall us having a conversation about how that's the worst ship for Alaska? ;)

Hello OTSC :D

Nope, I just booked the quick 4-day sailing "Best of British Columbia" Nanaimo & Victoria. I'm praying for weather like we have had today.. 77 degrees and sunny!... yes not a typo, that was our weather today in Vancouver early April. breaking a few records this weekend. Hopefully I'll be doing a full review.

I'm praying for weather like we have had today.. 77 degrees and sunny!... yes not a typo, that was our weather today in Vancouver early April. breaking a few records this weekend.

Really? :D It was 80 degrees here in Northern California on Wednesday....and now it has been raining and cold since last evening (Friday night). Why are we getting YOUR weather? :D:):D

OK -- I'm starting to get a little nervous about more Empress cancellations. As of now both April 25 and 30 are showing as SOLD OUT and when I try to "Book Now" for May 5th, I get a "page unavailable" error.

May 9th seems fine.

I am booked for May 5th. They wouldn't cancel another 3 sailings -- would they?? :(

Mike

OK -- I'm starting to get a little nervous about more Empress cancellations. As of now both April 25 and 30 are showing as SOLD OUT and when I try to "Book Now" for May 5th, I get a "page unavailable" error.

May 9th seems fine.

I am booked for May 5th. They wouldn't cancel another 3 sailings -- would they?? :(

Mike

You can book it on other travel agency sites. ;)

You can book it on other travel agency sites. ;)

That COULD be a good sign -- I'm trying to maintain a positive outlook!! Though I'm exploring optional plans in South Florida during that timeframe.....

Just got an upsell call from Royal Caribbean re: our sailing on 4/25/16. We are now in a junior suite!

I asked why the website showed sold out for our sailing. He said they froze the rooms to place the guarantee folks in their cabins. Now they are calling to upsell.

I am very happy this sailing is going as planned.

Just got an upsell call from Royal Caribbean re: our sailing on 4/25/16. We are now in a junior suite!

I asked why the website showed sold out for our sailing. He said they froze the rooms to place the guarantee folks in their cabins. Now they are calling to upsell.

Woo Hoo!!

Well, here's a shocker.

I just called C&A to take care of an amenity request, and while we were chatting, she said that she would love to sail on the Empress, so nice that RC is bringing her back, etc. etc. etc.

I said something about the cancellations and delays, and she said, quite authoritatively, that when they tore into her, they found many more problems than they expected, and that's what took the extra time.

I NEVER expected anyone at RC to ever make a statement about the situation!

Great news. Guess 4/25/16 sailing people will have to post their daily updates from the ship for all of us that got cancelled.

Lots of pictures please!

Looks like the sold out April 25 sailing are now available again. I take this as a sign that this may really happen. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

Whatever few cabins they now have left due to assigning all the guaranty booking, are now available.

Great news. Guess 4/25/16 sailing people will have to post their daily updates from the ship for all of us that got cancelled.

Lots of pictures please!

Looks like the sold out April 25 sailing are now available again. I take this as a sign that this may really happen. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

I have bought the internet package. So as long as it works like they say it does, then I will be posting pictures and updates. :D

I have a question: I now have the word suite on my new Set Sail Pass. Does this mean a different line to get in for embarkation? It is a junior suite.

Correct, a Junior Suite is eligible for priority check-ion and boarding along with the full suites.

Another question...how do I post bigger pics than just thumb nails?

You have to upload the photos to some photo sharing site, such as FlickR. Then you put a link to the photo in your post here.

Another question...how do I post bigger pics than just thumb nails?

Or use tapatalk on your phone instead of the CC app. When posting pics it gives you size options.

76af8309af1a3942eae384ca65b1bf7e.jpg

Here's a snap shot of the apparent winds we went through in a storm last night on oasis. Ship barely moved lol!

You have to upload the photos to some photo sharing site, such as FlickR. Then you put a link to the photo in your post here.

Or use tapatalk on your phone instead of the CC app. When posting pics it gives you size options.

76af8309af1a3942eae384ca65b1bf7e.jpg

Here's a snap shot of the apparent winds we went through in a storm last night on oasis. Ship barely moved lol!

Thank you ..I knew it had to be simple but I could not figure it out.