Is there a limit to how many times you can change cabins before final payment?

I originally booked an inside cabin. About a month ago, I noticed an outside porthole cabin was cheaper than the inside I originally booked, so i called RCCL and they switched me to the porthole cabin. Now I notice that a full window (rather than a porthole) cabin is only $20 more. Can I still call to switch cabins, or is there a limit to how many times you can do that?

At times I have played musical cabins often...always look for something better..it happens....Also one of the benefits of having ownership of my bookings (no 3rd party) I can do it in an instant with a quick call.

Edited by Ashland

We have changed cabins before and after final payment for our current cruise 3 times

And if the price drops alot more for a JS I see one more in our future:o

[

....Also one of the benefits of having ownership of my bookings (no 3rd party) I can do it in an instant with a quick call.[/b]

So true! I stopped using a TA after they went on vacation for two weeks. It's much better to have control over your own reservation.

On Allure last year, they kept doing these weekend specials on certain D class balcony cabins. We started in a D8 I believe, after a time it was $200 cheaper for a D4, then $100 less for a D1, then $100 less for a D2.... we changed 4 times.....and saved about $400 PP.

Then we add in changes for better location..........................Oh boy...........

The answer is...make yourself happy with your choice. Things change with availability and pricing daily.

I have changed cabins on virtually every cruise at least once (sometimes 6-8 times:eek:). The only ones I won't give up are corner afts on Voyager class (or Freedom) cause we love them:).

Just switched from NAV to AN and are now on the watch for better cabins to open up or price drops (which I don't think will show up because ships from the NE almost always sail full..but it is a 12 night run so maybe:rolleyes:)

Thank you for the replies, everyone. I just called and switched to an oceanview room with a picture window. So, I ended up getting an oceanview for the price I originally paid for an inside room. It definitely pays to watch the prices!

Thank you for the replies, everyone. I just called and switched to an oceanview room with a picture window. So, I ended up getting an oceanview for the price I originally paid for an inside room. It definitely pays to watch the prices!

Congratulations, good move!