Caribbean Princess Lido

Superdottie

DH and I are set to sail the CB in January 2017. We have one cruise under our belt (Disney Wonder) and are very much looking forward to our next.

We booked L103. It's a forward obstructed ocean view with the idea of enjoying the outside forward space on the lido in the mornings. I'm reading that the doors to that area are usually locked at night. Any idea what times they're locked and unlocked?

Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Pros/cons?

Thank you!

DH and I are set to sail the CB in January 2017. We have one cruise under our belt (Disney Wonder) and are very much looking forward to our next.

We booked L103. It's a forward obstructed ocean view with the idea of enjoying the outside forward space on the lido in the mornings. I'm reading that the doors to that area are usually locked at night. Any idea what times they're locked and unlocked?

Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Pros/cons?

Thank you!

We have stayed there, it was maybe 5 years ago or so. The doors were open a good deal of the time, but it can be quite windy up there when we are underway. The goods news is that with Lido, you can also just head up a flight of stairs to the Lotus Pool, or take a very short walk and be outside on the Lido deck by the pizza stand, burger stand and pool area. It is a handy location. The other goods news is that after the first day, and with the exception of times when the Princess theatre is filling or emptying, the forward elevators have less demand than the other 2 elevator banks, generally.

On the negative side, there will be other people enjoying the outside forward space too. You might want to be a bit conscious of your privacy when moving about your cabin......just leave the blinds open lights on, and go outside, look in your window, and see what you think.

There are pros and cons to just about every location on the ship - but you will have pretty easy access to the outdoors and several pools.

Sounds like a great place to camp out while on the cruise! We love the aft of the ship so will be down at the other end of where you are and one deck down. We are cruising most of January. Have you joined the roll call for your cruise to meet some of the others you will be cruising with? I don't know what cruise you will be on but some of them already have planned excursions together and know each other from previous cruises. Come on over and join us!

We have cabins 101 and 104 booked for November. Asked about the noise from the gym above, overwhelming comments were to change cabins, too much noise from the treadmills and zumba classes go on all day, they say from 8 am to 10pm. One poster even said the smell from the grills lingered in the area....then today a poster commented how great the lido area is....also read comments on stewards leaving carts in that hallway. makes one go HMMMMMM.

We have cabins 101 and 104 booked for November. Asked about the noise from the gym above, overwhelming comments were to change cabins, too much noise from the treadmills and zumba classes go on all day, they say from 8 am to 10pm. One poster even said the smell from the grills lingered in the area....then today a poster commented how great the lido area is....also read comments on stewards leaving carts in that hallway. makes one go HMMMMMM.

Carts are in the passageways when Stewart is working on every deck.

I figured there'd be opinions both ways. Nothing I've read scares me enough to switch rooms, and the price was a bargain! Please report back your experience.

You guys are one "car aye zee" group! Just my kind of folks....Well, we will see. We booked the same rooms on a repositioning a couple of years ago, and in the 10 days before sailing we were moved FOUR TIMES. From Lido to Emerald to Plaza(outside) to CARIBE balcony....now THAT was NICE.

we had L104 on the Crown and really liked it. Very close to the pool and buffet areas. Also to the spa and Lotus pool. There are no chairs to sit on out on that open deck but it a nice spot to be for coming into ports and leaving.

We've booked L103 once and L104 probably 5 times on a few different grand class ships. L104 is the largest of the front obstructed and imo the best bang for the buck, large and unique layout - great closets with doors! Awesome view & convenient to spa, spa pool, gym & all the Lido attractions without taking that darn elevator. Just booked again in L104 for next cruise. And yes, sometimes the flybridge is open, sometimes it's not but that's just a bonus, not a deal breaker. Bottom line, you'll love it (and the price) :D

I've been on CB Lido deck 6 times and in L101. Never smelled the grill, windows are mirrored, doors to the outside are lock at night, high winds and bad weather. They are unlocked days if calm seas and safe to go out. I have seen them forget to unlock them:(.

Great location. If you get into high seas you will get a lot of movement in that location. My wife loves rollercoasters so not an issue.

framer