Confiscated Items

JustCruisin'

What items have you had confiscated - or saw confiscated from other cruisers?

Some items may be a no-brainer but others might be surprising.

What is your experience?

I usually see a bunch of irons on the table.

One time while our carry on bags were being scanned. A lady in front of us was asked to open up her carry on as they said they saw a large bottle of something. Upon opening it right on top was an adult pleasure item.... The suitcase was quickly closed and she was taken to a private area.

One time while our carry on bags were being scanned. A lady in front of us was asked to open up her carry on as they said they saw a large bottle of something. Upon opening it right on top was an adult pleasure item.... The suitcase was quickly closed and she was taken to a private area.

That's got to be embarrassing.:eek:

There were 2 crock pots on the table on our last cruise!

I'm cracking up! What in the world would those be for? Who needs meatballs or slow cooker chicken when you have access to food 24/7?

Just imagining what they were going to do with those is comical....

My portable clothes steamer was held in "the naughty room". Had to hear the lecture before they released my bag and then another lecture when I went to get it back on the last day. Won't do THAT again! :)

I have wondered about the travel steamers....I read that they are on the list but I don't get why those are not allowed but hair straighteners and curling irons are....they seem like a larger potential for a fire than a streamer.

What items have you had confiscated - or saw confiscated from other cruisers?

Some items may be a no-brainer but others might be surprising.

What is your experience?

My husbands leatherman tool. We had to go to the naughty room to recover our bag, sans leatherman. They had it waiting for us following our cruise from San Juan.

My family is all law enforcement and obviously my children aren't as thorough as I am before travel. My daughter has had handcuffs taken away twice that she forgot were at the bottom of her backpack. She's also had her leatherman knife (for diving) taken on occasions, other times not. My son has had mistakenly left some bullets in a windbreaker pocket. All was returned upon disembarkation.

An extension cord/power strip type of appliance was collected from me on my first cruise (and of course returned after disembarkation).. now I bring a super cheapo thin one and they have always let me have it. The one with the short, heavy duty cord and safety cut off switch was the one not allowed.

An extension cord/power strip type of appliance was collected from me on my first cruise (and of course returned after disembarkation).. now I bring a super cheapo thin one and they have always let me have it. The one with the short, heavy duty cord and safety cut off switch was the one not allowed.

Yep, they are concerned about surge suppressors being a fire risk...which the more expensive (relatively speaking) power strips often have, but the cheapie ones don't.

Nice long thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2332780

handcuffs taken away

Some people might try bringing handcuffs along for "recreational" use... :D But they're clearly on the prohibited items list linked below.

My cruise documents says clothes iron. Nothing about clothes steamer.

Steamers are explicitly on the prohibited items list here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333