10 Drink Card, not a Package

I heard these exist? Does anyone know where to get them and how much they cost?

Were not big enough drinkers to support a package price for both of us and I know sharing is not allowed. So I think a 10 drink card is probably the answer.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Happy Cruising :)

Were not big enough drinkers to support a package price for both of us and I know sharing is not allowed. So I think a 10 drink card is probably the answer.

They do exist, but their availability is not predictable. We saw them on our Vision cruise in November (10 drinks/$79), did not see them on Vision in January, and saw them again on Vision in march (10 drinks/$85).

I have been watching these threads about the drink card, specifically for our Oasis sailing coming up in May. It seems it is offered starting day 4 for $93 including tip. It is good for 10 drinks and can be shared.

Ahhh so its only a possibility, hmmm ok just have to see what happens I guess. They should offer it all the time, its the perfect solution to the sharing problem with packages and for the casual drinkers.

Thanks!

I agree.

Currently on the Oasis 9 night cruise, they started offering the drink card for $79 plus tip ($93 total) on Tuesday. However, I would never have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it. There were a couple of advertisements on the announcement signs that are scattered around the ship. I never saw a notice in the Compass.

Currently on the Oasis 9 night cruise, they started offering the drink card for $79 plus tip ($93 total) on Tuesday. However, I would never have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it. There were a couple of advertisements on the announcement signs that are scattered around the ship. I never saw a notice in the Compass.

How many days into the cruise was Tuesday?

Is it just me or does this seem crazily high priced...?

Considering that fancy cocktails are $12 now, 10 drinks for $80 or $90 is not bad.

Edited by clarea

I'm crossing my fingers that they offer it on the Brilliance Med/Venice cruise. I'm planning to get a couple of bottles of wine pre-cruise in Barcelona which should work for several dinners. The last two days are sea days, and it would be awesome to have the cards offered for at least those...

Might be just you. If you're buying the premium cocktails that run about $12 each or $14+ after gratuity, getting one of these drink cards is a nice discount. They seem to be sort of experimenting with them at the moment with different price points and different times that they're offered.

Considering that fancy cocktails are $12 now, 10 drinks for $80 or $90 is not bad.

They aren't doing it to give you a bargain.

They are doing it to get you to consume.

That's not bad. On Vision, they offered it with only 3 days left.

We are going on Independence of the Seas next month for a 5 night cruise. Does anyone know if they offer them on the shorter cruises. I was looking at the drink pkg. but was hoping they may offer the drink card some time during our cruise since we do not usually drink that much.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I'm in the same boat as the OP. jewel Feb 28th sailing had the card from day 4 it was 79+18%tip. Using the card after I generally didn't tip again after tipping extra to the server who was actually interested in selling it to me.

Would purchase again if possible.

10 drink card was offered on Splendour this February. $80 inclusive. Good for drinks up to $14.

(advertised in the Compass and on bars as a 'sea day special saving of up to $60 on regular prices')

There were reports that the same card was $70 on earlier Splendour cruises.

$80 = $8 per drink is more reasonable than $12. Anything over $9 is approaching high priced.

If 'they' want people to consume perhaps 'they' should not have raised bar prices by up to 50% last March?

Edited by icsys

Considering that it doesn't cost them much more than a buck to make each drink, I think your right. They'll settle for 800% profit instead of 1000% or more.