VOOM is now available on Freedom

E23NK1

I was just checking to see if the drink package was discounted today and saw VOOM is offered on my April 17 cruise...also its buy one, get one free for a limited time....now trying to decide if I pull the trigger...lol

I was just checking to see if the drink package was discounted today and saw VOOM is offered on my April 17 cruise...also its buy one, get one free for a limited time....now trying to decide if I pull the trigger...lol

Excellent! What are the prices?

$15.00 per day for buy one, get one free. $30.00 a day for buy 2, get 2 free.

Yes...but for 2 it keeps showing total of $210 in my cart...shouldn't it be $105...unless I am totally reading it wrong...lol

Yes...but for 2 it keeps showing total of $210 in my cart...shouldn't it be $105...unless I am totally reading it wrong...lol

You only need to select the package for one person. When you get onboard, there will be instructions on how to set up the internet. You can share the password/information between two devices.

As there have been no reports of it actually being available on the ship and Royal being known for its delays I personally would wait until being on board to book it. That way you can also apply your C&A discount to the purchase.

As there have been no reports of it actually being available on the ship and Royal being known for its delays I personally would wait until being on board to book it. That way you can also apply your C&A discount to the purchase.

Except that it might not have the buy one get one free option once onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You only need to select the package for one person. When you get onboard, there will be instructions on how to set up the internet. You can share the password/information between two devices.

yes but at $15 p/p for 7 days is $105...so don't I add the second person...or just select myself and then they add the second person on their end?...Thx for the help.

yes but at $15 p/p for 7 days is $105...so don't I add the second person...or just select myself and then they add the second person on their end?...Thx for the help.

Correct. You just have to get the package for one person.

I just logged in to see if I could see this option for my 6/26 cruise. I didn't see it. Did you just go to the "Internet Packages" section online and the offer was there?

I just logged in to see if I could see this option for my 6/26 cruise. I didn't see it. Did you just go to the "Internet Packages" section online and the offer was there?

yes and yes

voom1.jpg.3c3294c5b6573092ed59e175af9e086e.jpg

They have been installing the equipment for the past three weeks

I think it is buy one get one half price, because its $15 on our Ovation trip for that package, I think it is $10 night for one device

Freedom might be different because it's just being introduced on her.

Freedom might be different because it's just being introduced on her.

Ok, but i would have thought it should be a standard charge like the drink package, but what do I know:D

Bit of a stupid question, when we board at Southampton can i use my phone package until the ship sails or will i be charged ?

Ok, but i would have thought it should be a standard charge like the drink package, but what do I know:D

Bit of a stupid question, when we board at Southampton can i use my phone package until the ship sails or will i be charged ?

It would be nice if all the charges were consistent, but we find many inconsistencies.

You can use your phone until the ship turns on it's cell tower some miles from port.

Thanks fellow cruisers!! We weren't planning to get any internet - partly because of price and stories of bad connectivity/speed. But I've heard great things about VOOM (and watched several periscopes from onboard), so I had a very quick convo with my brother about sharing and easily signed up online.

I want to spend very little time online on this cruise. One reason I've been looking forward to it is a chance/excuse to unplug. I'm still hoping to though. With the internet we'll be able to keep up with who is doing what where, which will be easy with internet. And it'll be nice to do fun things like post pix to the internet or skype with people stuck back on land.

So thanks again for the quick heads up and details!

It would be nice if all the charges were consistent, but we find many inconsistencies.

You can use your phone until the ship turns on it's cell tower some miles from port.

Thanks Bob, how do you know when they turn on the cell tower. If i turn off my data roaming will it go dead when it comes on ?

Thanks Bob, how do you know when they turn on the cell tower. If i turn off my data roaming will it go dead when it comes on ?

On our phones, it will say "Cellular at Sea" when we are on the ship's tower. I don't know if this is the same on all phones. To be safe, I just put the phone in Airplane Mode when the ship leaves the dock.

On our phones, it will say "Cellular at Sea" when we are on the ship's tower. I don't know if this is the same on all phones. To be safe, I just put the phone in Airplane Mode when the ship leaves the dock.

Cheers Bob :)