Princess email offers "Sunday Brunch"......

zahav1

Just wondering, what is Princess referring to when they send these email offers with the titles starting with "Sunday Brunch". When I go into these offers there is no mention of a Sunday Brunch, just cruise offers.

The latest one yesterday with this title: "Sunday Brunch | Marvel at Scandinavia & Russia".

I don't think Princess offers a Sunday Brunch, but maybe on longer cruises. I've never seen one.

They used to have Sunday Brunch on the Ocean Princess whenever Sunday was a sea day. I have not seen it in several years.

The Ocean Princess held Sunday Brunch several times this year on her last voyage around South America. Unfortunately, she will never do that again, as the Ocean Princess anyway. Maybe as the Sirena.

Vasheesh, the Executive Chef, said it wasn't in the budget but to heck with it.

I've gotten 2 of these emails that start with "Sunday Brunch." They don't have anything to do with having a Sunday Brunch on a ship, but since both of these emails have arrived on a Sunday, I think they're trying to be cute (?) by saying that the sales offer that they talk about is a "yummy" offer, like Sunday Brunch. :rolleyes:

Just a marketing ploy in the wording so you'll open it up and read it. At first I thought it was about a new meal when I opened the first email but couldn't find anything about it. When the second one arrived, I realized what it really meant.

I've gotten 2 of these emails that start with "Sunday Brunch." They don't have anything to do with having a Sunday Brunch on a ship, but since both of these emails have arrived on a Sunday, I think they're trying to be cute (?) by saying that the sales offer that they talk about is a "yummy" offer, like Sunday Brunch. :rolleyes:

Just a marketing ploy in the wording so you'll open it up and read it. At first I thought it was about a new meal when I opened the first email but couldn't find anything about it. When the second one arrived, I realized what it really meant.

Sounds right, now that you've pointed to their marketing, yes, these emails show up on Sundays. I guess they know their customers who want a Sunday brunch on their cruises.

I agree.

I was sucked in as well, but it took 3 emails for me to figure it out. I simply don't understand why they don't take a smattering of things from the Horizon Court, put it in a dining room, get the quartet or jazz trio to play some tunes, get the cheap "champagne" flowing and charge $20. It would seem like a winner to me.

I believe the 'Sunday Brunch' reference in the email was just to get our attention. When we were on the Pacific Princess in Dec. (50th Ann. Throwback Cruise), they had Sunday Brunch on a sea day. We were told it was usually only provided on World Cruises. It was quite a spread but I don't think it would work on large ships. It was buffet style, set up in the main dining room. I savored it because it was probably the closest I'll come to a world cruise!