Bourbon on Norwegian Sky?

Sdmurry

I know this is oddly specific, just trying to figure out if there is Bourbon onboard the Sky with the inclusive beverages. Anybody that has been recently do you know or have a copy of a drink menu? My husband is really hoping it is included, if not is it at least available for purchase?

Thanks!

It's not that specific. "Do they have Bill's Old Country Bourbon"? is oddly specific :)

Ever Norwegian ship I have sailed has had bourbon (and different ones) available, so I would assume that would be true on the Sky.

I took pictures of the bar menus when i went on the sky in January.

Bar Menu

This is very helpful, thank you! Looks like no straight bourbon for no fee (unless I'm wrong about one of these labels?) But still some good Tennessee whiskys

Edited by Sdmurry

I believe if you have the UBP both Bulleit and Woodford Reserve are included. I thought they had changed it to anything <$15 is included and both of those would be.

On our last cruise (a few years ago), no bourbons were included. It was a little disappointing.

I believe if you have the UBP both Bulleit and Woodford Reserve are included. I thought they had changed it to anything <$15 is included and both of those would be.

On our last cruise (a few years ago), no bourbons were included. It was a little disappointing.

The Sky is different. It is open bar for everyone for select alcohol, no UBP. The selections and prices are somewhat different than the other ships.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
JD is not a bourbon, it is a Tennessee Whiskey. Jack is made with malted barley and bourbon is made with corn. Also bourbons come from Kentucky.

So I’ll jump in even though this is an old thread. :p

Bourbon doesn’t have to be from Kentucky. It has to be at least 51% corn and aged in charred oak barrels in the United States. Doesn’t matter the state. Most bourbons use much more 75-80% corn then round out the mix with barely, rye, and sometimes wheat. (Makers mark is a “wheated” bourbon.)

Jack Daniels could technically call itself a bourbon. It’s around 80% corn and does have some barley in the mash, too. Where Tennessee whiskeys differ is that they are filtered through charcoal as part of the process adding a slightly different flavor from what most people think of as bourbon.

Bourbons themselves have a huge range of mash bills and flavors.... everyone likes something different. Some have more rye, others more corn forward. Lots of fun to sample and see what you like!

My only NCL experience was the Bulleit was the only included bourbon. Yuck. I just paid the difference to be able to get Bookers or Knob Creek occasionally.